Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Hang on, am I missing something. I thought I read yesterday the S was aiming for 1140p at 60fps but I'm reading from some on here now it's ultimately a 1080p machine not capable of running future AAA titles?

Edit: Yeah just read that it's aiming for 1140p at 60hz, so not sure why some on here are saying the games are going to be vastly lesser versions. They'll run at a slightly lower resolution but it's still a big improvement on 1080p and the console itself still packs a punch for people that aren't ready for full 4K in terms of investment.
1140p is a big improvement of 1080p?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
A lot of developers seem to be disagreeing with this dude.
They're saying it's problem because it's more work for them. Which is understandable. Not that it will hold gaming back, necessary. Tbf, I don't know enough about game development to speak on it. For what it's worth, others seem impressed with it.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I think the Series S will start off life as as a 1440p machine but as we move away from cross-gen it will drop to 1080p, perhaps even lower.

Even the unreal 5 demo on PS5 was already running at 1440p. I imagine if that was running on a Series S it would be as low as 900p.

Bojan11

I would help you @DixieDean, but @Alock1 offended me when he didn’t vote for me and left me alone when I needed him most. @esmufc07 and I are friends now. We even on nickname terms. Ain’t that right Scampi? He’s just a breathe of fresh air around here. Great guy. That @Pexbo though needs to be watched though. You should stay clear of him Scampi.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I would help you @DixieDean, but @Alock1 offended me when he didn’t vote for me and left me alone when I needed him most. @esmufc07 and I are friends now. We even on nickname terms. Ain’t that right Scampi? He’s just a breathe of fresh air around here. Great guy. That @Pexbo though needs to be watched though. You should stay clear of him Scampi.
I have not fought in the fanboys wars for long time. Little too old for that shit now. It's eye opening how prevalent it still is, though. Who the feck goes to bat for a big corp in 2020?

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Sorry it was a typo, it's 1440p. Maybe not a big improvement but around 3.5k. You'll definitely notice a difference.
That makes more sense :lol:

If it can hit 1440p it might be able to hit 3840x1080p and then scale the vertical resolution two fold, although I guess that's up to the developers.

More power will always help

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: Xbox has more consoles than games.
To be fair, give them time. They've just acquired some really good studios after following a strategy of being "best for multiplats" for a couple of generations.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m getting a GPU on Thursday that’s 3 times more powerful than that of PS5’s :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Series S | X pages are up:

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-s
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x

Though they could have had a better image to represent their diverse library.

Series X weights 9.8lbs - the original Xbox weighed 8.5lbs.

Both the Series S and X have Wifi 5 and no USB-C connection. PS5 has Wifi 6.
No usb C? Isn't that what everything uses these days?

Also, Xbox really feckin bum halo to death. It's like their selling point to everything "but we've got a new halo" "we will remaster halo" "halo".

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The Xbox won't have wifi 6. What a devastating blow in the next gen race
What's wifi 6?

And heavier than the OG Xbox? That thing weighed a ton.

Edit: I just checked out that site and it says 8k gaming! Yeah, right.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
No usb C? Isn't that what everything uses these days?

Also, Xbox really feckin bum halo to death. It's like their selling point to everything "but we've got a new halo" "we will remaster halo" "halo".
You'll be able to USB out and charge a C surely, since that's what the Elite controller uses. But won't be able to do a USB-C out/have a C port on it. If that makes sense?

I assume that's the case anyway.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You'll be able to USB out and charge a C surely, since that's what the Elite controller uses. But won't be able to do a USB-C out/have a C port on it. If that makes sense?

I assume that's the case anyway.
Yeah I know what you're saying there. Maybe that is correct then, just weird how it was mentioned as I don't think a C port in would be a big deal anyway.