Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
The memory issue is MS's only real big mistake so far. It won't impact early on, but will further down the line.

On the PC it's always been about minimum specs first in regards to things like level design for example, but consoles are supposed to be set units that developers get to grips with and push beyond their limits and do brilliant things with. Having a ridiculous 6gb difference definitely holds the Series X in ways it really shouldn't from the off.

Shark

@NotShark
The Dark Brotherhood quest pissed me off in Skyrim. It was incredible in Oblivion, but a huge let down in Skyrim. TES6 better make it better.
Same here. Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion is probably one of the best RPG quest of all time. The twist it took too was fantastic

hubbuh

I know nothing about the details but I'd really like it if the xbox was better this gen.

PS3 and PS4 were the best of their generation so I'd like the xbox to take this generation to an upper level like Microsoft did with the original xbox all those years ago.
No bloody way! Xbox 360 was definitely better than PS3. PS4 smashed XBOX 1 though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
No bloody way! Xbox 360 was definitely better than PS3. PS4 smashed XBOX 1 though.
That maybe true, I have a very poor memory- but I just said that because the first xbox was absolutely revolutionary and the xbox 360 didnt seem like such a progress from that whilst the PS3 deem seem to move forward more from the PS2.

I just been playing PS for a long time but I want that to change in the next generation like a second coming of the original xbox. I bought xbox one first and ended up swapping for the PS4 this generation.

What will you buy mate?

hubbuh

To start off with sure, after a few years though the PS3 had a lot of great games. (Got my sixaxis out the other day though and Christ was a terrible controller).
Maybe, but it was cheaper, had better online, had party chat, had an amazing controller, it's UI was great (I remember the PS3 one being a bit soulless) and, whether you like 'em or not now, had Gears and Halo, which were both incredible experiences at the time.

hubbuh

That maybe true, I have a very poor memory- but I just said that because the first xbox was absolutely revolutionary and the xbox 360 didnt seem like such a progress from that whilst the PS3 deem seem to move forward more from the PS2.

I just been playing PS for a long time but I want that to change in the next generation like a second coming of the original xbox. I bought xbox one first and ended up swapping for the PS4 this generation.

What will you buy mate?
Neither just yet! I'll wait until next year when there's a few more games out, but I'll definitely get both. Both offer too much that I'd be annoyed to miss out on either.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
PS3 better than 360 :lol:

I moved from 360 to Playstation mid-gen and it was an absolutely terrible decision.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
PS3 better than 360 :lol:

I moved from 360 to Playstation mid-gen and it was an absolutely terrible decision.
Last of us and Uncharted disagree.

Pretty much every multi-plat wan better on 360 though

rcoobc

Used maybe? 3-4 years sounds more hopeful for that sort of price drop. PS4 kept its price well.
I remember they were selling the OG PS4 at less than half the original price when clearing stock for the refresh.

I guess that was actually 3 years

rcoobc

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
None of those titles come close to Halo 3
Have you played them? They've both (Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us) received more awards and higher score from the critics and users alike. I wouldn't compare them as (a) they're different genres and (b) I haven't played Halo 3, but to say they don't come close is probably stretching it a bit.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Have you played them? They've both (Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us) received more awards and higher score from the critics and users alike. I wouldn't compare them as (a) they're different genres and (b) I haven't played Halo 3, but to say they don't come close is probably stretching it a bit.
Uncharted 2 is a bit of a weird one looking back. It got the really high praise but it always felt like it couldn't decide what type of game it wanted to be.

It had these poignant flashback moments where you were supposed to get a feel for the human-side of Nathan Drake, then it goes back to the game part with all the supernatural weird stuff and him being the human equivalent of a red kangaroo crossed with the sharpest shooter in the west. TLoU was much better balanced between gameplay/story.

Last edited:

rcoobc

Let's be honest, Halo hasn't been the best multiplayer shooter since Modern Warfare.

Although recent (CODs) have been poo so many it is again

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
God of War
HZD
Uncharted 4
Spiderman
Bloodborne
TLoU 2

Think they are the stand out ones.
Was Spider-Man amazing?
Last of Us 2 was nowhere near the original, by all accounts.
Horizon isn’t an exclusive, by your account.
Uncharted isn’t amazing. You can’t just reel off all the exclusives.

So we’re left with God of War and Bloodborne.
And Bloodborne looks like it isn’t for everyone.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Was Spider-Man amazing?
Last of Us 2 was nowhere near the original, by all accounts.
Horizon isn’t an exclusive, by your account.
Uncharted isn’t amazing. You can’t just reel off all the exclusives.

So we’re left with God of War and Bloodborne.
And Bloodborne looks like it isn’t for everyone.
No game is for everyone you tit
Point taken on Horizon
Haven’t played Spiderman yet but it got excellent reviews