Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sounds like a lot of people having to take precautions to avoid bricking their ps5 during set up

ShinjiNinja26

Regarding Assassins Creed looking better on PS5 I read that developers only got access to the Series X dev kit a few months before launch and are still working out how to utilise it properly whereas they’ve been using the PS5’s for a year. How true that is I guess we’ll see further down the line but the Xbox is more powerful on paper, but that doesn’t mean a whole lot if you can’t utilise the hardware to its full potential.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People struggling to even download a couple of games without it saying it’s full (presumably a bug despite the tiny space available), UI sending the fans wild, Afro chasing the delivery van down in his slippers. Almost embarrassing at this point.

Bojan11

People struggling to even download a couple of games without it saying it’s full (presumably a bug despite the tiny space available), UI sending the fans wild, Afro chasing the delivery van down in his slippers. Almost embarrassing at this point.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
At the risk of sound like a shill like Alock always does...I've had zero problems with any of this :lol:

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
At the risk of sound like a shill like Alock always does...I've had zero problems with any of this :lol:
To confirm my shill status I defo have one of the PS5s with the boken whirring noise.

Alock1

Have you tried Demon Souls? It's outstandingly beautiful, but not a peep from the machine. The UI makes more noise :lol:
I don't know if it's the fan to be honest I thought all the reviews said how quiet it was so guessing I've just been a bit unlucky.

Not getting demon souls, I've never been a huge Souls guy (have played it and it's a top game but I can barely put 10 hrs into them before giving up)

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I don't know if it's the fan to be honest I thought all the reviews said how quiet it was so guessing I've just been a bit unlucky.

Not getting demon souls, I've never been a huge Souls guy (have played it and it's a top game but I can barely put 10 hrs into them before giving up)
Yeah they have that effect on people. Well worth it once you break the back of them and clock how to play, but again they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

It is absolutely beautiful though, the tessellation on the brick work alone is a thing of beauty. And not much of a peep from the machine so far, though definitely not as quiet as the X. In fact, my initial thoughts are that the X is definitely a much better designed unit.

Bojan11

Games uninstalling themselves now :lol:

Time to call it - it’s a big old piece a shit
You forgot poor old Afro hasn’t even got his yet. What a disaster. Sony should be pulling out all the stops for him yet we got Bezos and his boys screwing him over.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You forgot poor old Afro hasn’t even got his yet. What a disaster. Sony should be pulling out all the stops for him yet we got Bezos and his boys screwing him over.
When he finally gets it he’ll have the same amount of games on it as everyone else

macheda14

PSA: For those who’ve had disc games uninstalling themselves Sony are aware of the issue so imagine a patch is incoming. BUT the fix is when you put a disc in don’t click ‘copy’ after a few minutes it will automatically copy over. From there on in it shouldn’t uninstall itself. I had the issue happen with all three games I installed and now I did that it hasn’t happened again.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
PSA: For those who’ve had disc games uninstalling themselves Sony are aware of the issue so imagine a patch is incoming. BUT the fix is when you put a disc in don’t click ‘copy’ after a few minutes it will automatically copy over. From there on in it shouldn’t uninstall itself. I had the issue happen with all three games I installed and now I did that it hasn’t happened again.
Reports of it happening despite not clicking copy. Pretty bad really

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm avoiding these threads... they are making me bitter. PS5 still winning though it seems...

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Not had any issues so far my end, it’s been a dream.

having spent a full week with the Series X, I am enjoying this experience so much more. It feels like a next gen machine, the controller is truly revolutionary, the UI far prettier (although some stuff is in weird places, same as Xbox really) and there are actually good, new titles to play. Building in a game like Astro as a tech demo was so smart by Sony - It’s a brilliant little platformer

by comparison the Series X is just....boring. No lights to make it look cool in the dark, slight iteration on the controller, same with the UI. No games....I guess there’s the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” way of thinking but I dunno...for £450 after 7 years..I wanted to be wowed!
Great post

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
PS5 still winning :lol:
No lights to make it look cool in the dark :lol:

Playstation guys are desperate. I do feel like I'm missing out on games uninstalling by themselves though. It is quite boring having a console that has just worked.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Managed to try out the upgraded no mans sky on ps5 yesterday. Looks amazing and was good to start a fresh run. I see they’ve also greatly improved the new player experience so that you get a tutorial as you try to get off the starting planet.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Imagine seeing all the issues in our PS5 thread alone and thinking it's winning. Big delusion. The Liverpool fans of the gaming world.

Alock1

People ripped Xbox for 'Smart Delivery' but it's genuinely a really worthwhile 'feature' for this launch period

It just works

I know which games I'm playing an upgraded / next gen version of, I don't open a game and realise I cocked up and lost my save data (something that happened when I loaded Uncharted 4 last night).

It all just works. As it should. Without thought or effort.

Minimal migration required and whilst it didn't have that 'new' UI feel, I am now glad they went with a tried and trusted model than layering something pretty over the top that makes life even more difficult.

Bojan11

People ripped Xbox for 'Smart Delivery' but it's genuinely a really worthwhile 'feature' for this launch period

It just works

I know which games I'm playing an upgraded / next gen version of, I don't open a game and realise I cocked up and lost my save data (something that happened when I loaded Uncharted 4 last night).

It all just works. As it should. Without thought or effort.

Minimal migration required and whilst it didn't have that 'new' UI feel, I am now glad they went with a tried and trusted model than layering something pretty over the top that makes life even more difficult.
What you played? Certain someone on here is just sat there playing the free game that was pre-installed. I think he needs gamepass in his life.

Yeah, Xbox tells you what games are next gen upgrades. I have to go searching on PS5 for what is and then upgrade them.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, Xbox tells you what games are next gen upgrades. I have to go searching on PS5 for what is and then upgrade them.
They've made a real mess of it all.

And the irony of them saying there's no games for the past year then not being able to download any or it unsintalling is not lost on me