Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems like the XBox guys aren't really interested in new gen gameplay videos as they rarely post any since I started asking, here's some:

Not how I thought it would look/play, still mildly interested though...

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Seems like the XBox guys aren't really interested in new gen gameplay videos as they rarely post any since I started asking, here's some:

I keep seeing it but the amount of crappy horror games over the years has numbed my excitment. I'll play if it gets good reviews.

Also just learned PES 2021 is coming to Game Pass tomorrow if that interests anyone. I think you guys like football.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
So I’m getting one of these when they become available I’ve had every console of each generation so far and so have never cared about which is “better” but the reality of getting older is less time to play and so I can’t justify spending on both a PS5 and Series X.

So can anyone summarise what are the best features of both and the best upcoming games for both?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So I’m getting one of these when they become available I’ve had every console of each generation so far and so have never cared about which is “better” but the reality of getting older is less time to play and so I can’t justify spending on both a PS5 and Series X.

So can anyone summarise what are the best features of both and the best upcoming games for both?
I feel like this is you trolling again. :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

Does the entire game play as split screen or something?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Series X has a feature called gamepass which means you don’t need to buy the console to play its games.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Series X has a feature called gamepass which means you don’t need to buy the console to play its games.
My PC is no longer up to top spec (it was 8 years ago) but I do have an Xbox One.

Are there not many exclusives for the Series X then will they all be on game pass?

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
If you're happy to stream games onto another device rather than download and play locally on a console then you don't need an Xbox no

At the moment it's only Android phones/tablets but soon it will be laptops, iPhones and iPads through browser. I expect in the next year it will be on TVs (maybe as a smart app, maybe via Chromecast like stick) and older consoles (Xbox One)

hubbuh

If you're happy to stream games onto another device rather than download and play locally on a console then you don't need an Xbox no

At the moment it's only Android phones/tablets but soon it will be laptops, iPhones and iPads through browser. I expect in the next year it will be on TVs (maybe as a smart app, maybe via Chromecast like stick) and older consoles (Xbox One)
If I had a gaming laptop, would I not be able to play Xbox games on it now? I've got Game Pass Ultimate (big up @VeevaVee).

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
They already have.
What is the PS equivalent? Is it expensive?

I got gifted game pass ultimate for Xbox one and thought it was good but I wasn’t sure if all the series X games would come onto it too at which point is it worth spending £500 on something that just looks nicer? I’m not really sure about what is better about these new consoles if all the games will work on PS4 and Xbox One hence trying to figure out which is better if you can only buy one. Like which will I see the biggest difference in services and games etc on offer.
No they will all be on gamepass
Is that just new titles or all future series X games? That may be a deciding factor for me.

I’ve got good enough connection to stream so could you have game pass and play series X games? If so that’s a brilliant idea from Microsoft does Playstation offer they too or would I need the console?
If I had a gaming laptop, would I not be able to play Xbox games on it now? I've got Game Pass Ultimate (big up @VeevaVee).
I’ve got ultimate too and I’ve been able to play on my iPad and laptop for Xbox One games but I wasnt sure if it would work for next gen.

Bojan11

• Native 4K/60fps on Series X. One of the cleanest games they've seen.
  • 1800p/60fps on PS5
  • 1080p/60fps on Series S.
  • Series X has Ultra Textures and High Shadows.
  • PS5 has Ultra Textures and Medium Shadows.
  • Series S has High Textures and Low Shadows.
  • Framerate is close to perfect on all platforms, with a few exceptions.
  • Load times are virtually identical on all next-gen platforms, with PS5 typically coming in about 1/2 a second faster.
@afrocentricity @esmufc07 @VeevaVee

hubbuh

As an addendum, Little Nightmares is free on games with gold this month. Looks like a nice little game, reminiscent of the aesthetics of an early Jean-Pierre Jeunet.
This is really good fun (so fun that I bought the expansion for a fiver!). It's like Limbo but with a bit more depth.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
So... a few months ago people were speculating that Xbox Live Gold was going to be eradicated and multiplayer was going to be free. Especially after 12 month subscription cards were removed for a while.

Welp. Prices gone up from $40 to $60 for six month cards. That translates to about £44 which is roughly how much it costs for a year of PS+

Reactions: esmufc07

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
So... a few months ago people were speculating that Xbox Live Gold was going to be eradicated and multiplayer was going to be free. Especially after 12 month subscription cards were removed for a while.

Welp. Prices gone up from $40 to $60 for six month cards. That translates to about £44 which is roughly how much it costs for a year of PS+
That's shocking considering there aren't even any games to play on Xbox.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Fantastic post. No surprise that @VeevaVee @Bojan11 @Alock1 @Vidyoyo are all keeping quiet.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
By the time my Game Pass Ultimate runs out I’ll have enough Microsoft rewards points to pay for one. Then I’ll top it up with Gold from a cheaper source and convert again for next to nothing. Makes no odds.