Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Does show the limitations of metacritic when some of the best exclusives are nowhere to be seen (Sea of Thieves, Sunset Overdrive, State of Decay)

You missed one at least (Ori & Blind Forest 88). Why 87 by the way? Appreciate we have to pick somewhere but quite a few close to that (86: Horizon 2, Motorsport 7, Gears 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall. 85: Halo CC. 84 - Halo 5, Gears 4, Rare Replay). Flight Sim will be added to the list at some point (92). I am sure Sony's list would only get bigger too if we reduced the number - I don't think anybody really believes X One's exclusive output was better than PS4. Nor that the first party output was poor on Xbox One.
Was on my phone earlier and watching the game so was saving responding to this properly until now.

I agree with you completely on the metacritic limitations - especially when it comes to games with post-launch support. If Sea of Thieves for Xbox and Days Gone for PS4 were reviewed now, they'd definitely get higher ratings than initially, which was 69 for SoT and 71 for DG. Picked 87 as the cut off purely as it seemed upper-80s onwards was a good place to start and 86 is closer to mid 80s. No scientific reasoning.

What's interesting is what happens to your list just by adding the Bethesda games from last gen, especially as Phil has basically confirmed what we thought (that they are unlikely to be released on PS5)

Wolfenstein 2 - 88
Fallout 4 - 88
Dishonoured - 88
Dishonoured 2 - 88
Doom Eternal - 88
Doom - 87

With some supporting B acts (Prey - 84; Dishonoured OOO - 84; Evil Within - 82; Wolfenstein 2 - New Order 81). And a few from other acquisitions too (Hellblade - 88, Pillars of Eternity - 87, South Park SOT - 85, DMC - 86)

Clearly the Xbox One output doesn't reflect what we'll see on XSX. (I know you were just responding to Veeva)
For sure. Was going to mention that in the original post but wanted to get to watching the match. Although the games with high ratings were thin on the ground, you've definitely remedied that and the variety of genres (expanding beyond racing) with the studio acquisitions and next gen the list of 87+ Xbox exclusives should be at least quadrupled.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Persona 5 (93)/Persona 5 Royal (95)
The Last of Us Remastered (95)
God of War (94)

The Last of Us Part II (93)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (93)
Bloodborne (92)
Shadow of the Colossus (91)
Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (90)
Dreams (89)
Horizon Zero Dawn (89)
Nioh (88)
Nex Machina: Death Machine (88)
Final Fantasy VII: Remake (87) - obviously coming to other consoles eventually
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (87)
Marvel's Spider-Man (87)
Ah ok. So 2 PS4 exclusives (based on your definition of exclusives).

Alock1

What is your point? I don't only play exclusives....

I was planning on playing a few of the others but I'm just waiting now until the PS Plus Collection is released.
Ohhhhh. There are games that aren't exclusives worth buying a console for?

Funny..

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Mine:

God of War (94)

Bloodborne (92)

Dreams (89)
Horizon Zero Dawn (89)
Nioh (88)
Final Fantasy VII: Remake (87)
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (87) <- got the base version on PS+, probably won't play it though.
Marvel's Spider-Man (87)

Completed
Got on PS+ or purchased, not played yet but planning to
Will play on PS+ Collection on PS5

Then there are other games not in the 87+ list but on the PS+ Collection I want to play at some point - Days Gone and maybe The Last Guardian, Monster Hunter: World and Resident Evil 7: Biohazard

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mine:

God of War (94)

Bloodborne (92)

Dreams (89)
Horizon Zero Dawn (89)
Nioh (88)
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (87) <- got the base version on PS+, probably won't play it though.
Marvel's Spider-Man (87)

Completed

Then there are other games not in the 87+ list but on the PS+ Collection I want to play at some point - Days Gone and maybe The Last Guardian, Monster Hunter: World and Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
You haven't played Astro Bot Damo? Add that to your list!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Reasons I bought a Series S over a PS5:

- Have fairly decent PC so link with game pass ultimate ridiculous value. Combined with the £1 upgrade trick, have three years of ultimate for around £3/£4 a month
- Don't have a 4k TV in the man cave, so 60 fps at that resolution not necessary.
- Xbox controller a much better design than the dualshock. Just fits great in the hand.
- Big fan of Halo and Gears of Wars from 360 days. Can't say the same for PlayStation franchises.
- Friends from school remained with Xbox/Gamertag throughout so much easier to reconnect and have a blast with old favourites.
- Cheaper

Can't blame anyone for buying a PS5 though. Seems like a great bit of kit. Just not for me.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Mine:

God of War (94)

Bloodborne (92)

Dreams (89)
Horizon Zero Dawn (89)
Nioh (88)
Marvel's Spider-Man (87)

Completed

I’ve played nearly all of them. Really great games from ps this gen, only ones I missed out on are Dreams, Astro and nex Machina from that list

Bloodbourne
GOW
TLOU2
Spider-Man
Horizon

Would be my top 5 (not inc TLOU remastered)

DavelinaJolie

Just popping back in to say that Forza Horizon 4 is brilliant. I completely lost interest in racing games, and struggled to get into FH3 even though it was generally well regarded. I think I've easily put over 100 hours into FH4, all the little adjustments they made really improved the feel of the game and, most importantly, the fun. The world is beautiful and really engaging. Probably the best and most engaging racing game I've played since PGR2.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Reasons I bought a Series S over a PS5:

- Have fairly decent PC so link with game pass ultimate ridiculous value. Combined with the £1 upgrade trick, have three years of ultimate for around £3/£4 a month
- Don't have a 4k TV in the man cave, so 60 fps at that resolution not necessary.
- Xbox controller a much better design than the dualshock. Just fits great in the hand.
- Big fan of Halo and Gears of Wars from 360 days. Can't say the same for PlayStation franchises.
- Friends from school remained with Xbox/Gamertag throughout so much easier to reconnect and have a blast with old favourites.
- Cheaper

Can't blame anyone for buying a PS5 though. Seems like a great bit of kit. Just not for me.
Entirely fair

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Just popping back in to say that Forza Horizon 4 is brilliant. I completely lost interest in racing games, and struggled to get into FH3 even though it was generally well regarded. I think I've easily put over 100 hours into FH4, all the little adjustments they made really improved the feel of the game and, most importantly, the fun. The world is beautiful and really engaging. Probably the best and most engaging racing game I've played since PGR2.
PGR was such a good series :drool:

Bojan11

@esmufc07 even I've played 6 of em and I'm an Xbox fan boy apparently
You are though.

You were what Elvis was at the beginning of last gen. Thankfully you have been humbled, so don’t go back to being arrogant again because I easily can switch sides and we can talk about how you thought releasing a underpowered console with forced Kinect and all the other stupid stuff they were planning was a good idea.

I want to see Elvis humbled and it will happen. His arrogance will be gone in a few years. He deserves it for double crossing me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
You are though.

You were what Elvis was at the beginning of last gen. Thankfully you have been humbled, so don’t go back to being arrogant again because I easily can switch sides and we can talk about how you thought releasing a underpowered console with forced Kinect and all the other stupid stuff they were planning was a good idea.

I want to see Elvis humbled and it will happen. His arrogance will be gone in a few years. He deserves it for double crossing me.
I thought we were friends now, can you start PM'ing me where we're at because I lose track.

Bojan11

I thought we were friends now, can you start PM'ing me where we're at because I lose track.
We are not friends and no I’m not going to PM you.

I want to see you embarrassed on your knees, screaming at your PSN to work just like when it went down for a month because the geniuses at Sony couldn’t deal with a few kids dossing it.

I don’t really care for PS5 or Series X, I just want you to lose. I am rooting for the opposite team whenever you are on apex. I am going to put a bounty of 2000 apex coins for someone to keep going in your apex lobbies and killing you. I hope you keep dying in demon souls. I pray your superhub breaks down on the 19th. Even better, I wish your courier driver decides to take the day off on the 19th and your parcel mysteriously is lost.

@horsechoker is my friend now, so stay away from him. He has decided to be my Robin.

Alock1

You are though.

The only arrogant one in this thread is you pal!

Well done on humbling people. Where would we be without you

Bojan11

The only arrogant one in this thread is you pal!

Well done on humbling people. Where would we be without you
We ain’t pals. I am only friends with @horsechoker.

You would be where MS were at the start of this generation being mediocre. If it wasn’t for people like me pushing them on exclusives and being better than nothing would have happened. You were still ******* over Halo, Gears and Forza, I saw the bigger picture. There is more to life than those three games and hopefully one day you will learn that.

Let’s not forget all that project spark nonsense you spouted.

Alock1

We ain’t pals. I am only friends with @horsechoker.

You would be where MS were at the start of this generation being mediocre. If it wasn’t for people like me pushing them on exclusives and being better than nothing would have happened. You were still ******* over Halo, Gears and Forza, I saw the bigger picture. There is more to life than those three games and hopefully one day you will learn that.

Let’s not forget all that project spark nonsense you spouted.
I never will. The Project Spark dream lives on in other games like Dreams, Mario Maker and Minecraft

Bojan11

I never will. The Project Spark dream lives on in other games like Dreams, Mario Maker and Minecraft
You still getting PS5? What games are you going to buy it for?

Project spark was a flop just like that stupid fable online game, which nobody wanted. But you were hyping both up. I wanted a true Fable single player game and finally MS have listened. Thankfully they listening to people like me and not people like you who just play shooters and racers. Will you be playing Yakuza on series x? Nope.

DavelinaJolie

Project spark was a flop just like that stupid fable online game, which nobody wanted. But you were hyping both up. I wanted a true Fable single player game and finally MS have listened. Thankfully they listening to people like me and not people like you who just play shooters and racers. Will you be playing Yakuza on series x? Nope.
Is it a true single player fable game? Because that's my hesitation. To me Fable is the most interesting game on either of these systems, but I don't trust MS not to feck it with some multiplayer BS

Bosws87

I can't take Metacritic seriously when Fallout 4 has 88.
haha for sure, I don’t think Bethesda are up to the job anymore with these huge RPG’s I think the amount of polish and size we expect on the new consoles will continue to see their demise.

I’d love to be wrong as fallout 3 was so good when it first came out!

Ole90+3

Does anyone know if either console will support 3rd party Bluetooth headphones to be connected for voice chat and game noise?

I know this wasn’t the case on PS4 since they wanted you to buy their own expensive Sony headset.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

Remember when a couple of people on here thought they could make Zelda in Spark?

Oh, better yet, remember when some actually bought into the bullshit that you'd be able to motion capture yourself into games with the Kinect 2.0?

Good times :lol:

Alock1

Project spark was a flop just like that stupid fable online game, which nobody wanted. But you were hyping both up. I wanted a true Fable single player game and finally MS have listened. Thankfully they listening to people like me and not people like you who just play shooters and racers.
I only play racers/shooters but hyped a asymmetric Fable multiplayer and a game creator called Project Spark. Can't tell if I'm mainstream or hipster.

I never hyped Fable Legends. After the trailer I said it looked cool and I liked the premise, and then when we saw more I said I thought it lacked in potential to some of the other IPs they were bringing out (Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive)

Project Spark didn't get the funding it needed, and didn't have the right commercial model. It had huge potential and I still believe that games that allow people to create accessibly have a huge future. The stuff that Dreams is doing is amazing, and I expect to see more sandbox creation type games to come.

Lots of people here were excited by the look of Project Spark, including One Night Only, afro and even Redlambs.

Funnily enough, something like Project Spark would be fantastic on Game Pass. Especially if you could cut those games out and make the really popular / polished ones and give them their own spotlight on game pass to play as separate games.

Regarding Fable Legends. I never hyped it. After the trailer I said it looked cool and I liked the premise, and then when we saw more I said I thought it lacked in potential to some of the other IPs they were bringing out (Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive).