Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I think elvis' stance is more than reasonable.
Course it is, don't think anybody said otherwise (other than where it's obvious trolling equal to elvis own)

Just picking a console because it's personal preference and you like the brand is fair enough. But this thread isn't about fair enoughs!

Bojan11

Sony lying again

Games with Backwards compatibility

Most of our back catalogue of games will have backward compatibility between the next and current generation of consoles, with a few exceptions*. This means that you will be able to play your Xbox One game on Xbox Series X|S, or play your PlayStation®4 to PlayStation®5. On top of that, some of our backwards compatible games will have cross progression available within the same family of console: For Honor (with free graphical enhancements), The Division 2, The Crew 2 and the upcoming releases of Just Dance 2021 and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Remake.

* on Xbox Series X|S, all our Xbox One games will be backward compatible. On PlayStation®5, all games will be backward compatible except the following ones: Assassin’s Creed Syndicate, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles India, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles China, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Russia, Risk, Star Trek Bridge Crew, Werewolves Within, Space Junkies.
list of the games:

• Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
  • Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy Pack
  • Assassin’s Creed Chronicles India
  • Assassin’s Creed Chronicles China
  • Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Russia
  • Risk
  • Star Trek Bridge Crew
  • Werewolves Within
  • Space Junkies
How long before Elvis accuses them of being Xbox shills?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Back to this

Unless you're a big JRPG player then Xbox will likely have a number of exclusive games for you. Racers, shooters, platformers, multiplayer experiences, story driven 1st person narratives and then the odd quirky game - Xbox is going to have you covered in the near future.

That'll move the needle for some on Gamepass for sure but less so on consoles themselves. Many people will still keep to PS5 - just cause they've always had PlayStation and like PS and have enough games already.

And that's totally cool. And how most products work.

But it flies in the face of the people here who would bang on about PlayStation 4 being far superior cause of power (not looking to be true), cause they trust PS more to be pro-consumer and focus on gamers (there was a lot about this at the start of last gen - MS are miles ahead here now) and then the last real argument, the games and Xbox's lack of.

People here will still claim Xbox has nothing for them when it's putting out games they'd have no doubt bought if on PlayStation.
Honestly I think I was in a hiatus from this place during the PS4/Xbox announcement/release and I wasn't gaming much at that point so I didn't even get it at launch, so not sure what was said/argued back then.

You're probably right regards the games, but PS still beat Xbox hands down when it comes to exclusives. This may of course change over the course of this generation (and again I've always said there's a high chance of me being the Series S up at some point).

Bojan11

So next gen has been won by Xbox as a result of that.

It’s game over for you. Come back when the PS6 is announced, I am sure they’d do a decent job and replace Jimmy with someone competent.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nobody as far as I’m aware has denied the XSX is more powerful than the PS5 - I just believe the difference to be minimal and not a major factor for 99% of gamers. As I’ve long said when being serious it’s all about games (who’d have thought) - and PS has always had games I’m more interested in and that doesn’t look to be changing any time soon.
Erm..
I don’t know any thing about wegaflops or petachunks but all of my sources have told me that if you take a deeper look under the hood of the PS5, it’s much more powerful than the Series X.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The thing with me is I dont really play exclusives- I play the COD's, the Overwatches, the PES or Fifa, the Tekkens.

I tend to play the games seen on both consoles so il be waiting to see a month or two after to see which console is better. I did the wrong thing last generation and went for the xbox one when everyone was talking about the PS4 being better after its release. I ended up selling the xbox and buying a ps4.

Il just wait and see what the reviews are before I blow my money.

Bojan11

From resetera

I posted this in the Playstation Studios OT, but I guess it makes more sense here now.

I was curious to see how many other games this might apply to, and if you do a Google site search on the Playstation store for that specific wording around 'unexpected behaviour or errors', you currently get around 100 games:
Project CARS
DOOM Eternal
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4
Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
Batman: Return to Arkham
The Surge
Assetto Corsa
Sea of Solitude
Ghostbuster: The Video Game Remastered
Tropico 6 El Prez Edition
Mafia III
Mafia III: Definitive Edition
Mafia: Trilogy
EA SPORTS NHL 19
Werewolves Within
Dungeon Rushers
Need for Speed
Need for Speed™ Ultimate Bundle
Darius Cozmic Collection Arcade
SMITE
Metal Slug Anthology
EVE: Valkyrie
DOOM VFR
Dead Island Definitive Collection
Assassin's Creed® Chronicles: Russia
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate Gold Edition
Assassin's Creed Chronicles – Trilogy
Star Trek™: Bridge Crew
Roundabout
Sleeping Dogs
NBA 2K19
NBA 2K19 + NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 Bundle
NBA 2K20
Valhalla Hills - Definitive Editiuons
SENRAN KAGURA Peach Beach Splash
SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal
SENRAN KAGURA Burst Re:Newal Shinobi Rivals Edition
SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS
MLB® The Show™ 19
MLB The Show™ 18
MLB® The Show™ 17 All Star Edition
MLB® The Show 16™
Paddle Vs Paddle
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
Dino Frontier
The Surge
Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King
Manhunt
EA Family Bundle
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8 Empires
DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Realm Royale Founder's Pack
Realm Royale Bass Drop Bundle
Realm Royale Cute But Deadly Pack
GRIP Digital Deluxe
Super Kids Racing
Pinball Arcade
The Escapists + The Escapists 2
Pure Pool
Pure Pool Snooker Bundle
The Pure Bundle
Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship
Assassin's Creed® Syndicate
Tooth and Nail
Wired Horror Bundle
Wired Italian Adventure Bundle
Deliver Us The Moon Digital Deluxe
Shuttle Commander
Tennis World Tour
Tennis World Tour Legends Edition
Pure Hold'em World Poker Championship
OKAGE: Shadow King
Crossout
Eagle Flight and Werewolves Within PSVR Bundle
Everybody's Golf
Feral Fury
LittleBigPlanet 3
Saint Seiya Soldiers' Soul
Battlezone Gold Edition
WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship
WRC 8 Deluxe Edition FIA World Rally Championship
RIGS Mechanized Combat League
Super Stardust™ Ultra
Doki-Doki Universe™
Dead Nation™ Apocalypse Edition
APB Reloaded
KickBeat Special Edition
Entwined™
The Warriors
True Fear: Forsaken Souls - Part 2
Super Stardust™ Ultra
Super Stardust™ Ultra VR
The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA TOUR
Ape Escape 2
Crossout
Active Soccer 2 DX
Frisky Business
Clan N
Let's Sing 2018
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Rockstar Games PS2™ Classics Bundle
How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
Close to the Sun
Operation Warcade
A Summer with the Shiba Inu
NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence
Anomaly 2
Space Junkies
GRIP

Bojan11

So not all games play on the new console despite 500k+ hours? Pathetic.
No that’s about PS5. The Xbox tweet is separate to that to show how much testing they have done. Seems your boys have been slacking and just booting up games to see if they work.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pexbo you're meant to be on my side!
Apparently everyone is now saying that “critics have to fabricate shit to catch Elvis out“ because his debate game has got that strong.

Bojan11

Apparently everyone is now saying that “critics have to fabricate shit to catch Elvis out“ because his debate game has got that strong.
You outstayed your welcome here. Now toddle along back to PES.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
No that’s about PS5. The Xbox tweet is separate to that to show how much testing they have done. Seems your boys have been slacking and just booting up games to see if they work.
Yeah, they've spent 500k hours making sure every single game works (despite the fact 99% of the games won't get touched) and even then some of them still don't work. Pathetic.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Description for both is different and they said it’s full 4K to windows central last month.

Xbox has the extra horsepower, which for some odd reason @afrocentricity was trying to deny the other day.
Was I? I think it'll make as much difference as it did for the one X... feck all.

Where's the next gen exclusive gameplay btw? How we getting on with that?

Last edited:

Bojan11

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/playstation-studios-first-look-at-9-new-ps5-games/

Demon’s Souls from Japan Studio and Bluepoint Games
From Japan Studio and Bluepoint Games comes a remake of the PlayStation classic, Demon’s Souls. In addition to beautiful shadow effects and ray tracing, players can choose between two graphics modes while playing: one focused on fidelity, and one focused on frame rate.
LEVEL UP recently had the opportunity to interview Gavin Moore, Creative Director for Demon's Souls and a member of SIE Japan Studio, about various elements of the game. Of course, one of the topics that were touched on was the graphic section.

Now the question is, if the PlayStation 5 can be raytraced and it could have been implemented in Demon's Souls , why leave it out? As explained by Moore, it was a decision they made since it was something that was outside their initial ideal of the project. Also, there is a certain cost to implement it and they preferred to prioritize other elements.

“It's like any other graphic improvement, there is a cost [to implement raytracing]. If we had implemented ray tracing in the game, that would mean that we would have had to leave something out. There is a limited time in game development"

When we started development we didn't know there would be ray tracing in the game, so it wasn't in our original vision. What we wanted to focus on was the settings and the look of the characters. Everything is lighting in real time with shadows in real time ”, were the words of Moore.
Sony caught lying again @esmufc07

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'm bored of the fanboy shite now :lol: was funny for about a week.

Now it's just a yawnfest.

Just give us actual news and gameplay footage and stuff.

All you going through 20 articles to find one bad article about something to do with the console you're not in love with.

Bojan11

I'm bored of the fanboy shite now :lol: was funny for about a week.

Now it's just a yawnfest.

Just give us actual news and gameplay footage and stuff.

All you going through 20 articles to find one bad article about something to do with the console you're not in love with.
No it’s called resetera. No need to go through 20 articles.

Think you forgotten the purpose of this thread. But yeah saying stuff is in the game back in June and then saying it isn’t close to launch isn’t lying then what is?

If you want news then go in the official threads. I posted yesterday that PS VR support on PS5 is dead. There’s your news.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
No it’s called resetera. No need to go through 20 articles.

Think you forgotten the purpose of this thread. But yeah saying stuff is in the game back in June and then saying it isn’t close to launch isn’t lying then what is?

If you want news then go in the official threads. I posted yesterday that PS VR support on PS5 is dead. There’s your news.
It's literally you and Elvis flirting, that's all this thread actually is now. With vidyoyo maybe jumping in for a 3 way.

Bojan11

It's literally you and Elvis flirting, that's all this thread actually is now. With vidyoyo maybe jumping in for a 3 way.
You seem to enjoy it because all I seem to see now is you posting in this thread. Post news about Demon’s Soul not supporting ray tracing and you are saying you want news. I’m sorry if I’m not giving you the news you want to hear.