Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Maybe not the right place to ask this but reckon someone here will know the answer.

I'm going to have both Xbox and ps5, and have a projector and a TV, however I want a hdmi switch so I can switch between screens for each console, so would need 2 in ports I think? And 2 out ports? Preferably a one with a remote too.

Also, I'd want to be able to use both at the same time, one on proj and one on tv. Is there a switch which makes this possible?
You need a matrix. I use a 4x2 matrix so I have 4 inputs going to 2 outputs. Any of the 4 inputs can be going to any of the outputs but mine drops resolution if 1 input is split between 2 outputs. Maybe new ones don't do this...

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
You need a matrix. I use a 4x2 matrix so I have 4 inputs going to 2 outputs. Any of the 4 inputs can be going to any of the outputs but mine drops resolution if 1 input is split between 2 outputs. Maybe new ones don't do this...
Would that allow me to use both screens at the same time with different inputs?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
So Xbox series x is better at 60fps but ps5 is better at 120fps? That's weird.

Mentioned neither has a real problem during gameplay though and you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

Good for both consoles.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
So Xbox series x is better at 60fps but ps5 is better at 120fps? That's weird.

Mentioned neither has a real problem during gameplay though and you probably wouldn't notice anyway.

Good for both consoles.
Not really that weird, most systems perform better under pressure when the GPU is made to work hard. Also the PS5 has less of a bottleneck in the I/O area, so it actually makes sense.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not really that weird, most systems perform better under pressure when the GPU is made to work hard. Also the PS5 has less of a bottleneck in the I/O area, so it actually makes sense.
As an idiot I'd didn't make sense to me. Now it does a little bit.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I went the All Access route and didn't have to queue, this was about 30 minutes ago might still be worth a try.

hubbuh

So what were the big day one games that were released for PS5? That seemed to be a major differential between the consoles but people only seem to be talking about Sackboy and Astroboy at the moment.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So what were the big day one games that were released for PS5? That seemed to be a major differential between the consoles but people only seem to be talking about Sackboy and Astroboy at the moment.
Demon Souls and Spidey?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not really a shutdown is it? Guess it'll be 6 months - a year before there's a decent library for both. PS5 disc and Series S is the plan.
Bruv, clearly and obviously it's better launch software than XBox.... Likely the best launch lineup since... You tell me?

Still, there's no rush. Take your time...

Berbasbullet

It's not really a shutdown is it? Guess it'll be 6 months - a year before there's a decent library for both. PS5 disc and Series S is the plan.
What do you mean shutdown? I was just answering your question.

If I wanted to shut you down I’d talk about how the narrative was supposed to be the Xbox is all powerful, yet the third party games seems to run better on the ps5, but I wouldn’t even mention that, no way.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What do you mean shutdown? I was just answering your question.

If I wanted to shut you down I’d talk about how the narrative was supposed to be the Xbox is all powerful, yet the third party games seems to run better on the ps5, but I wouldn’t even mention that, no way.
That’s just because they got the dev kits later from Microsoft. Non issue

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This however is an issue. Our own PS5 thread is full of issues just like Drawful is experiencing, and there’s even people saying it’s put them off buying one. They’ve fecked it up, admit it lads.

After a few days of more serious use, I've come to the conclusion that the console is a bug-ridden, crash-happy piece of shit.

Extended drives are a mess, especially with large libraries. They basically work 50% of the time, the rest of the time your whole library (including local stuff) is unavailable whilst it sorts its shit out. And it insists on downloading EVERYTHING even though the drive is full, so I have a constant loop error. I can't see away to turn this 'feature' off.
Display options are gimped and there are handshake issues with the supplied cable and all my devices (I tested a generic Samsung 50 from last year, a Q90R and a Faux K projector), using both the supplied and my own cables.
Crashes constantly, in any status, in any game (apart from Astro) (It even crashed whilst doing literally nothing on the dashboard, just gave me a feck you and blacked out).

It's a mess.

Berbasbullet

This however is an issue. Our own PS5 thread is full of issues just like Drawful is experiencing, and there’s even people saying it’s put them off buying one. They’ve fecked it up, admit it lads.
Yes, Sony are really going to struggle for sales. :lol:

Berbasbullet

No one was saying they won’t sell consoles. The point is they’ve pretty much fecked the launch up for many people.
I literally quoted your post which said that “there’s even people saying it’s put them off buying the console”, and that’s what I was responding too. :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Console frozen again. It’s been worst since yesterday update as I had one yesterday evening too

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Had to reset it and start up again and it’s crashed a 2nd time. Gulp