Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I had 2 freezes in CoD today, game related I’d say. Game felt laggy and then froze, game crashes back to dashboard.

hubbuh

What do you mean shutdown? I was just answering your question.

If I wanted to shut you down I’d talk about how the narrative was supposed to be the Xbox is all powerful, yet the third party games seems to run better on the ps5, but I wouldn’t even mention that, no way.
You've clearly misunderstood, no one is trying to shut you down. My first comment was addressing how the big difference between the two was PS5 supposedly having a shutdown launch with killer titles. It doesn't feel that way at all with Sackboy and Astro being the two biggest.

Bojan11

Wonder now whether the narrative will change now and people will realise Ubisoft are useless. It wasn’t the console as like I said before the game runs like crap on high end PCs.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Wonder now whether the narrative will change now and people will realise Ubisoft are useless. It wasn’t the console as like I said before the game runs like crap on high end PCs.
Be good if some people on here owned up to being very silly

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You've clearly misunderstood, no one is trying to shut you down. My first comment was addressing how the big difference between the two was PS5 supposedly having a shutdown launch with killer titles. It doesn't feel that way at all with Sackboy and Astro being the two biggest, and I imagine they will be backed by sales too.
Why do you seem to think they’re the two biggest? Where have you picked that up from? Sony have barely marketed sackboy even though apparently it is really fun. Spider-Man and Demon Souls are pretty blatantly their two biggest ones, and I imagine that will be reflected in the sales (obviously Astro bot will be played a lot since it’s already on the console).

Last edited:

Bosws87

You've clearly misunderstood, no one is trying to shut you down. My first comment was addressing how the big difference between the two was PS5 supposedly having a shutdown launch with killer titles. It doesn't feel that way at all with Sackboy and Astro being the two biggest.
You can’t argue about the quality difference of the launch titles :lol:

it’s night and day it’s not even up for discussion

Ainu

That's a really bizarre take. Miles Morales and Demon's Souls are clearly the bigger titles, I don't know how anyone could mistake them for otherwise. It doesn't even matter though, all four are by all accounts good to great games.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Xbox broaching the issue head on and showing they’re aware and working on it. Exactly how you’d want a company to respond

https://www.purexbox.com/news/2020/...UqjFdcYfLmHdYkfLp8JB_30i7hOOP7SVTXbLSLFYQuu5U
More talk :lol:
All bark no bite....
Sackboy and Astroboy is dead idgaf. Like I said in a months it'll be different.
I thought @VeevaVee was bad at this but you take the cake.

Clean up on Isle XBox... Defence force out with their 'explanations'.

I think they reside in their own reality...

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Xbox is absolutely shit for launch exclusives I agree (i.e., it has none) but its Game Pass catalogue is a cornucopia of variety, ranging from your epic dude bro shooters to smart indie puzzlers. For somebody like me who doesn't just play the biggest, shiniest games (no criticism of others), it's amazing and absolutely on par with any stand-out launch game (in fact; it's like having dozens of them). PS Now and PS+ Collection is good too but not as good.

I'd put both launches as equals but the whole debate is muddy because people are working on presumptions of generations which is less important now consoles are like phones - iterating rather than launching anew, especially through services.

PS5 is more like a normal console. Xbox is more like a hybrid PC. Whichever you prefer is completely down to the style you want and that's the best thing so far about this generation - add in the Switch too and they're all doing cool things :)

Last edited:

Bojan11

Enjoy your PS5 fecking up in five different ways today <3
To be fair his would crash if he bothered playing any games on it. Ask him what he’s played...

He is like Weaste. All talk, but he just hides behind his VR headset for hour or two.

hubbuh

I thought @VeevaVee was bad at this but you take the cake.
Chill breh :lol: All I'm is saying is I was expecting more. That's it! Only one that I'd properly play is Spiderman, is that unreasonable?
Why do you seem to think they’re the two biggest? Where have you picked that up from? Sony have barely marketed sackboy even though apparently it is really fun. Spider-Man and Demon Souls are pretty blatantly their two biggest ones, and I imagine that will be reflected in the sales (obviously Astro bot will be played a lot since it’s already on the console).
I've not seen much discussion about Demon Souls, I forgot about Spiderman to be fair that does look like a hoot. After console malfunctions chat Astroboy and Sackboy seem to get a lot of discussion. That might mean they're really good, they just don't appeal to me hence my initial point.

Where did I argue that? I just don't think Spiderman and Sackboy are all that. But that's also why I don't bother with consoles at launch. More power to everyone playing and enjoying though!!

Berbasbullet

Chill breh :lol: All I'm is saying is I was expecting more. That's it! Only one that I'd properly play is Spiderman, is that unreasonable?

I've not seen much discussion about Demon Souls, I forgot about Spiderman to be fair that does look like a hoot. After console malfunctions chat Astroboy and Sackboy seem to get a lot of discussion. That might mean they're really good, they just don't appeal to me hence my initial point.

Where did I argue that? I just don't think Spiderman and Sackboy are all that. But that's also why I don't bother with consoles at launch. More power to everyone playing and enjoying though!!
You probably missed demon souls because it has its own thread. :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I think any competitive game, the use of haptics will be a disadvantage, so will always turn off.
It'll be a single player gimmick that works well, but for multiplayer, it'll be a no go

Bosws87

I think any competitive game, the use of haptics will be a disadvantage, so will always turn off.
It'll be a single player gimmick that works well, but for multiplayer, it'll be a no go
Preference is the word your looking for its not a disadvantage, just like stick sensitivity etc.

The amount of changeable options now included in consoles is a great step forward (shout out PC games)

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Bought a few 4K movies to try them out in the new consoles. Series x makes a lot of noise with 4K disc. Whereas ps5 silent

Up to now I’d never heard a peep out of the Xbox.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Nah the haptics are a phenomenal feature and they really enhance gameplay but as usual a EA have done a shocking jobs of implementing a feature. The triggers in Fifa change so rapidly that you can’t tell what’s here or there. It needs massively toning down and used on certain sections. I think for shooters it’s going to be great if used correctly. The bow shooting in Astros felt amazing and I can only imagine what that’s going to be like in a Horizon game in the future.

TrustInJanuzaj

I think most people don’t play that seriously but horses for courses.

Berbasbullet

Bought a few 4K movies to try them out in the new consoles. Series x makes a lot of noise with 4K disc. Whereas ps5 silent

Up to now I’d never heard a peep out of the Xbox.
I’ve asked for Tenet in ultra HD for Christmas! Looking forward to my first ever one.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Nah the haptics are a phenomenal feature and they really enhance gameplay but as usual a EA have done a shocking jobs of implementing a feature. The triggers in Fifa change so rapidly that you can’t tell what’s here or there. It needs massively toning down and used on certain sections. I think for shooters it’s going to be great if used correctly. The bow shooting in Astros felt amazing and I can only imagine what that’s going to be like in a Horizon game in the future.
fifa is a bad example anyway, it’s fifa 20 with a new cover. Everyone knows it. Little to no new bits or decent development

TrustInJanuzaj

fifa is a bad example anyway, it’s fifa 20 with a new cover. Everyone knows it. Little to no new bits or decent development
Exactly It’s scraping the bottom of the barrel to criticise haptic feedback in general when clearly it’s just EA being EA.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Exactly It’s scraping the bottom of the barrel to criticise haptic feedback in general when clearly it’s just EA being EA.
But it is a worthwhile point. It's not just FIFA is it.

So far, how many games implement it well and the trigger restraints?

This was my point on the trigger rumble that Xbox One had. The console came out and I loved it on Forza 5. But barely any games took advantage of it.

Fortnite and Borderlands implement it badly. The gun feel could be cool but neither have done it well. It just becomes difficult and tiring to play and you put yourself at a disadvantage if playing online. I haven't tried COD yet so can't comment.

Astro does an amazing job showing it off. If that wasn't in the console nobody would really be talking about the feature because as of now it's barely leveraged in any meaningful way.

Even Spiderman it's subtle and barely noticeable. Does Demon Souls do anything?

I am sure there will be some stand out games this gen from Sony first party. Particularly Naughty Dog. I just hope they don't over do it, games that forced sequences that required gyro or touch controls always annoyed me.

TrustInJanuzaj

But it is a worthwhile point. It's not just FIFA is it.

So far, how many games implement it well and the trigger restraints?

This was my point on the trigger rumble that Xbox One had. The console came out and I loved it on Forza 5. But barely any games took advantage of it.

Fortnite and Borderlands implement it badly. The gun feel could be cool but neither have done it well. It just becomes difficult and tiring to play and you put yourself at a disadvantage if playing online. I haven't tried COD yet so can't comment.

Astro does an amazing job showing it off. If that wasn't in the console nobody would really be talking about the feature because as of now it's barely leveraged in any meaningful way.

Even Spiderman it's subtle and barely noticeable. Does Demon Souls do anything?

I am sure there will be some stand out games this gen from Sony first party. Particularly Naughty Dog. I just hope they don't over do it, games that forced sequences that required gyro or touch controls always annoyed me.
I’m pretty confident that Sony will push the features especially for their own first party productions. Remember that most of the games now are remasters or available on both consoles but I expect over time we will see more.

Demon Souls from all reports is the best showcase of the haptics so far (aside from Astro) and it really enhances the experience. I’d agree Spider-Man is a little light but I really think it’s only ever going to be useful and noticeable in certain games and experiences and I’m okay with that. As I said I think Horizon Two will make use of the resistance for archery which will be really nice.

Kaos

I just hope the haptic capabilities won't be neglected like the touchpad was on the PS4 controller - all the buzz on release only for developers not to bother doing anything with it years on.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I’m pretty confident that Sony will push the features especially for their own first party productions. Remember that most of the games now are remasters or available on both consoles but I expect over time we will see more.

Demon Souls from all reports is the best showcase of the haptics so far (aside from Astro) and it really enhances the experience. I’d agree Spider-Man is a little light but I really think it’s only ever going to be useful and noticeable in certain games and experiences and I’m okay with that. As I said I think Horizon Two will make use of the resistance for archery which will be really nice.
And obviously it's better to have it there and the option than not, and it'll definitely enhance some experiences but in the mean I'm not expecting it to be revolutionary as many people suggested.

Like I said, I just hope they find the balance on the first party stuff. Im currently replaying The Last of Us and there's so much potential for it to be used. I just don't want it to be constant or forced down my throat so much so that it's annoying.

TrustInJanuzaj

And obviously it's better to have it there and the option than not, and it'll definitely enhance some experiences but in the mean I'm not expecting it to be revolutionary as many people suggested.

Like I said, I just hope they find the balance on the first party stuff. Im currently replaying The Last of Us and there's so much potential for it to be used. I just don't want it to be constant or forced down my throat so much so that it's annoying.
Yeh we’ll EAT have shown that when used badly it detracts. Agree with you on LOU. Honestly the more I think about it I just want it primarily for bows and arrows it felt so satisfying on Astro.

Berbasbullet

Yeh we’ll EAT have shown that when used badly it detracts. Agree with you on LOU. Honestly the more I think about it I just want it primarily for bows and arrows it felt so satisfying on Astro.
It was a huge part of the reason why I loved astro! The feeling of walking on different surfaces felt so cool, there is certainly a middle ground between over doing it and making it just right, but with a bow and arrow for example it can be brilliant.