Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Castia

This was the case in God of War main story as well. I mean God of opening chests. Most time in the game was spent running around ringing bells to open chests. Then watching a bunch of soap opera characters trying to guilt trip each other over hiding their identities and what not. And finally a bit of combat from time to time with the same enemies as before but in different color this time.

When you create such an enjoyable combat system as they did you should just swarm each map with countless cnuts to beat down and have a lot more different kinds of enemies, instead of having to fight 4-5 same zombies with swords and then spend most of the game looking at empty roads and trees and flowers. Apart from Valkyrie fights most of the other combat never felt interesting.
God of War was absolutely amazing in my opinion. Easily my favourite game that year.

Sony are the kings at making story driven solo player games, I’d hate for them to change at this point.

Castia

:lol:

Trying to watch the game and reply in here. But yeah Sony are too good.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Is there much of a story after spreading Katos’ wife’s ashes? Feels really early in the game for what appears like the whole story to be over?
Yeah but it's more about the journey than the story really. It's pretty much about how Kratos learns to be a father, accepting that his former violent ways don't fit his present need to take care of his growing son, who himself demonstrates a good ability to rise above the ranks when needed. It's all about how teamwork trumps individualism.

Seems there's some detractors in here but for me it's an excellent videogame equivalent of a daytime TV movie.

Heardy

@Vidyoyo @esmufc07

Thanks guys - just seemed so random for the credits to roll! Thought it felt way too early as loads of realms hadn’t even been unlocked.

I need to find ways to get a bunch of resources mind you - feels like Ill Struggle to get armour / weaponry above level 5/6 otherwise.

The game is great fun though - I can see why it appealed to so many!

Moby

Dick
God of War was absolutely amazing in my opinion. Easily my favourite game that year.
No doubt about that. I am killing a few ravens away from getting the platinum for this game and that will be the first time I do that, so I have definitely had a great time with it.

It's pretty much a compliment to the gameplay devs that I am craving for having a lot more than I got, as it was that enjoyable and wanted to have far more of it in the game. As someone who doesn't give that much attention to the stories in games generally, I was mainly interested in getting from one fight to another. So just wish there were a lot more enemies in general letting me rain hell a lot more than I could! :D

Edit: Or maybe I just have anger management issues and like to use action games to vent out my feelings. :nervous:

Moby

Dick
Is there much of a story after spreading Katos’ wife’s ashes? Feels really early in the game for what appears like the whole story to be over?
There's nothing in the actual story after that. A lot of lore of course if you want to keep exploring on mythological characters etc, and if you fight the valkyries that has a bit of story as well. But the main story pretty much ends at Jotenheim.

Moby

Dick
@Vidyoyo @esmufc07

Thanks guys - just seemed so random for the credits to roll! Thought it felt way too early as loads of realms hadn’t even been unlocked.

I need to find ways to get a bunch of resources mind you - feels like Ill Struggle to get armour / weaponry above level 5/6 otherwise.

The game is great fun though - I can see why it appealed to so many!
I think we played the exact same ways.

I went straight for the main story and nothing else, so finished the main story really early. I was barely level 4 at that time and in terms of the total hours Ive spent the credits would have rolled at less than half of what I've put in in total. I explored all the remaining stuff, the other realms, valks, and all the side quests and trophies after that. I'm at level 8 now and have maxxed it out more or less. All my weapons, skills etc are maxxed and the armor is close to max.

So yeah, there's loads to do post-story if you finished the main story straight away without exploring other stuff. Especially fighting the valkyries which is the best part of the game including everything in the main story, and gives you the most epic rewards.

Heardy

I think we played the exact same ways.

I went straight for the main story and nothing else, so finished the main story really early. I was barely level 4 at that time and in terms of the total hours Ive spent the credits would have rolled at less than half of what I've put in in total. I explored all the remaining stuff, the other realms, valks, and all the side quests and trophies after that. I'm at level 8 now and have maxxed it out more or less. All my weapons, skills etc are maxxed and the armor is close to max.

So yeah, there's loads to do post-story if you finished the main story straight away without exploring other stuff. Especially fighting the valkyries which is the best part of the game including everything in the main story, and gives you the most epic rewards.
Yeah it’s weird, I was following the story (didn’t think I had much other choice) and suddenly it ended. I was leaving Jotenheim and the credits rolled and I was gobsmacked that the story finished so early into my playing time.

I’m not sure I had the option to play another way as so many of the other realms are still locked. I’ll stick with it but gutted the main arc is done.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
Yeah it’s weird, I thought I was just following the story and suddenly it ended. I was leaving Jotenheim and the credits rolled and I was gobsmacked that the story was finished in a way.

I’m not sure I had the option to play another way as so many of the other realms are still locked. I’ll stick with it but gutted the main arc is done.
Actually you can do pretty much everything before ending the main story. The main story and other stuff in the game are pretty much mutually exclusives. I had unlocked the locked realms while I was still in main story as you get the ciphers along the main story path for it, just didnt bother to check them and went directly for the main ending. Have seen quite a lot of people finish most other stuff and get a high level while still in main story, depends on how much you feel like exploring.

Heardy

Actually you can do pretty much everything before ending the main story. The main story and other stuff in the game are pretty much mutually exclusives. I had unlocked the locked realms while I was still in main story as you get the ciphers along the main story path for it, just didnt bother to check them and went directly for the main ending. Have seen quite a lot of people finish most other stuff and get a high level while still in main story, depends on how much you feel like exploring.
Cheers. I have to admit I don’t find the map / user menu that friendly, so chances are I missed the hints in terms of what else I could be doing!

harshad

Play the odds, not the man - Poor man's Harvey
Scout
On a long road that returns to Old Trafford!!!
No doubt about that. I am killing a few ravens away from getting the platinum for this game and that will be the first time I do that, so I have definitely had a great time with it.

It's pretty much a compliment to the gameplay devs that I am craving for having a lot more than I got, as it was that enjoyable and wanted to have far more of it in the game. As someone who doesn't give that much attention to the stories in games generally, I was mainly interested in getting from one fight to another. So just wish there were a lot more enemies in general letting me rain hell a lot more than I could! :D

Edit: Or maybe I just have anger management issues and like to use action games to vent out my feelings. :nervous:
I always thought that was just because you are from Delhi :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yo ps sux. Gamepass rules.

Outriders on gamepass is cool, get to try it without splurging whatever on it. Seems cool.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Any of you Xbox guys want a free 7 day game pass code? Got one with my Pringles...

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Being talked to about a job at PlayStation..

How do I delete all my posts???