Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Oddworld: Soulstorm is an advancement on previous games in the series in every way, but that’s both its biggest achievement and the source of its problems. The complexity and variety in its locations is commendable, as is the wealth of tools at your disposal for dealing with its many tricks and foes. But many of its systems don’t work together reliably, or don’t respond with the necessary speed, which leaves an experience that’s rarely as entertaining as it promises to be. (Src: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/reviews/oddworld-soulstorm/)

£45 Free :lol:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Oddworld: Soulstorm is an advancement on previous games in the series in every way, but that’s both its biggest achievement and the source of its problems. The complexity and variety in its locations is commendable, as is the wealth of tools at your disposal for dealing with its many tricks and foes. But many of its systems don’t work together reliably, or don’t respond with the necessary speed, which leaves an experience that’s rarely as entertaining as it promises to be. (Src: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/reviews/oddworld-soulstorm/)

£45 :lol:
Its free on PS5.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
What was everybody's feeling about The Medium again? I'm about halfway through and do like it but I'm finding it really difficult game to work up the movitation to play.

The story is interesting, the atmosphere is brilliant, but the gameplay is astoundingly simple and overall feels very passive to play.

xBoX haV nO Gaemz
Can we have a mature debate for once :rolleyes:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What was everybody's feeling about The Medium again? I'm about halfway through and do like it but I'm finding it really difficult game to work up the movitation to play.

The story is interesting, the atmosphere is brilliant, but the gameplay is astoundingly simple and overall feels very passive to play.

Can we have a mature debate for once :rolleyes:
It always looked to me as it would be a hard game to get into, as if you had to be some weirdo to like it in the first place. Looked very slow and would get samey quick. Never bothered with it because of that.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
It always looked to me as it would be a hard game to get into, as if you had to be some weirdo to like it in the first place. Looked very slow and would get samey quick. Never bothered with it because of that.
That's how I'd describe it. It kinda reminds me of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, which I thought was good and well-judged at only about 4 hours long.

I get the feeling with The Medium that it's the sort of game that really needed an editor.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That's how I'd describe it. It kinda reminds me of Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, which I thought was good and well-judged at only about 4 hours long.

I get the feeling at the moment with The Medium that it's the sort of game that really needed an editor, or maybe to be made into a TV show.
Honestly, it's one of those things that if it came on gamepass or whatever I wouldn't even bother :lol: it'll be the right game for some people, but not for the masses I'd expect.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Honestly, it's one of those things that if it came on gamepass or whatever I wouldn't even bother :lol: it'll be the right game for some people, but not for the masses I'd expect.
Yeah I'd say the same. I'm reading some reviews now and they say the second half is better so I'll probs stick with it. Maybe at the weekends. Silly fun for post-work.

evil_geko

Sony making all the wrong moves, for someone who is being praised to help and raise a lot of talented teams, they are killing a lot of talented and smaller teams recently.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
A remake of TLOU is a daft idea anyway. If it started in 2018 that's only five years since it came out for feck sake.

The remastered PS4 version is still great anyway.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
A remake of TLOU is a daft idea anyway. If it started in 2018 that's only five years since it came out for feck sake.

The remastered PS4 version is still great anyway.
Agree, these companies just think they can remake and sell the same games forever because they're useless cnuts who can't come up with new ideas.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"

Sony making all the wrong moves, for someone who is being praised to help and raise a lot of talented teams, they are killing a lot of talented and smaller teams recently.
Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

Confirms to me that Sony have completely moved away from the Japanese market. Switch rules there by all accounts.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agree, these companies just think they can remake and sell the same games forever because they're useless cnuts who can't come up with new ideas.
Let's be fair. There hasn't been a shortage of new IP from Sony.

Now I'm aware I'll be in the minority here, but I played tlou years ago and planned to play it again prior to playing the sequel. After hearing this news I'm potentially going to wait until this remake comes out and play them together. The gameplay of the sequel looks miles ahead of the gameplay for the original. I remember the original, as good as the story is, as good as the world is, the gameplay had it's issues. Bringing that up to the sequels standards isn't as stupid as people make out.

Now after saying that, yes it does feel a bit soon. And I also wonder how much resources are being spent on this... In summary, mixed feelings.

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

Confirms to me that Sony have completely moved away from the Japanese market. Switch rules there by all accounts.
Now this is disappointing, hopefully we still get a good selection through 3rd party or collaborations (exclusive or not don't really care). I don't play loads but I do play them and I'd (probably) miss them.

Last edited:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks

An alternative take on this would be: a team within Sony started remaking TLOU. It wasn't going great and the team was removed from the project.

It doesnt sound like the remake is being done to coincide with the TV Show release (which would've made sense). So who knows why they're making it

afrocentricity

An alternative take on this would be: a team within Sony started remaking TLOU. It wasn't going great and the team was removed from the project.

It doesnt sound like the remake is being done to coincide with the TV Show release (which would've made sense). So who knows why they're making it
I just think they want to update the gameplay. Is it necessary? You decide...

*It's not necessary.

Leg-End

I loved TLOU, cracking game and up there with the best ever made.....I have no desire to play a remake.

afrocentricity

TLOU 1 in TLOU 2 engine would be awesome but would you pay again for it
Possibly? Not at full price.... But that's not the point. People will buy it. If paid online, subscriptions and microtransactions have taught me anything. People are going to pay...

Bebe

Remaking TLOU after such a short time period is mental. Does TLOU have flaws that could be improved upon in a remaster? Yes. But the same can be said of TLOU 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, or Hitman 3. I would much rather see Sony put resources towards...well almost anything else really. (perhaps not a 3rd person action adventure open world with RPG elements though).

rcoobc

Remaking TLOU after such a short time period is mental. Does TLOU have flaws that could be improved upon in a remaster? Yes. But the same can be said of TLOU 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, or Hitman 3. I would much rather see Sony put resources towards...well almost anything else really. (perhaps not a 3rd person action adventure open world with RPG elements though).
This really shows that games are plateauing. There was 5 years between Doom (original) and Half Life 1, and then another six between Half Life 1 and 2.

It's been 8 years since the TLOU1 was released, and the general sentiment is it doesn't need a remake (albeit it's had a remaster, and updates to that remaster)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This really shows that games are plateauing. There was 5 years between Doom (original) and Half Life 1, and then another six between Half Life 1 and 2.

It's been 8 years since the TLOU1 was released, and the general sentiment is it doesn't need a remake (albeit it's had a remaster, and updates to that remaster)
Half Life 3: Confirmed soon too

Bebe

Possibly? Not at full price.... But that's not the point. People will buy it. If paid online, subscriptions and microtransactions have taught me anything. People are going to pay...
I used to think things like "there wouldn't be a market for that". The last decade or so has indicated that the biggest companies can simply create whatever market they want and somehow, they always get enough people to fall for it.

Bebe

If the remaster didn't exist, and TLOU1 was a gem that blew people's minds on the ps3 and then faded from prominence, I might be more interested in a remake. But we literally already have a version of the game that can run at 4k in HDR.

I see your point though re diminishing returns on hardware etc. There were 7 years between Deus Ex and the first Assassin's Creed; comparing that gap to TLOU1 and TLOU2 is wild.

afrocentricity

That's why I'm big on VR. Paradigm shift, long may it continue, and improve.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
On the subject of remakes, I'd be more than pleased to pick them up if they were like movies with loads of extras for the fans.

It rather annoys me that we don't ever see that - aside from the marvellous MGS Legacy Collection and some Valve/Double Fine games where they add director commentary.

rcoobc

On the subject of remakes, I'd be more than pleased to pick them up if they were like movies with loads of extras for the fans.

It rather annoys me that we don't ever see that - aside from the marvellous MGS Legacy Collection and some Valve/Double Fine games where they add director commentary.
Valves directors commentary is a gem. But do you really watch the extra shizzle on dvds?