Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Today is a sad day. After being a Sony boy since PS1 and Tekken, I've just stumbled over the news that Hellblade 2, the sequel to one of my favourite games of recent times is X Box / PC exclusive. THis coupled with the probability of Elder Scrolls 6 being X Box / PC exclusive is making me think the unthinkable ... brand loyalty will only take me so far.
Elder Scrolls isn’t coming any time soon

Balljy

Today is a sad day. After being a Sony boy since PS1 and Tekken, I've just stumbled over the news that Hellblade 2, the sequel to one of my favourite games of recent times is X Box / PC exclusive. THis coupled with the probability of Elder Scrolls 6 being X Box / PC exclusive is making me think the unthinkable ... brand loyalty will only take me so far.
Don't worry, you'll enjoy having both a PC and PS5 :)

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I've been talking about that recently in the gaming thread. It's a good game, albeit very frustrating to play at times.

I'm hoping Ninja Theory either improve the combat or just say feck it and make it a proper walking simulator. The story/visuals are really great.

Oh and permadeath can go in the bin.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I've been talking about that recently in the gaming thread. It's a good game, albeit very frustrating to play at times.

I'm hoping Ninja Theory either improve the combat or just say feck it and make it a proper walking simulator. The story/visuals are really great.

You see, I didn't find it frustrating at all. I did find it had 3 acts though and after the first 2 (when you get the blade) it really took off. I actually found the combat good. Simple and basic yes, but very well done and once you'd got the blade and reflex then figured how to chain it all together I found the combat really involving and cinematic. Sound design also, incredible.

Horse for courses and all that :)

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
You see, I didn't find it frustrating at all. I did find it had 3 acts though and after the first 2 (when you get the blade) it really took off. I actually found the combat good. Simple and basic yes, but very well done and once you'd got the blade and reflex then figured how to chain it all together I found the combat really involving and cinematic. Sound design also, incredible.

Horse for courses and all that :)
Yeah the sound design is amazing. One of best games I can think of in terms of how the sound adds to the atmosphere. Not just music but in terms of sensing your surroundings.

I'm really crap at third person action games so that's likely why I find the combat frustrating :lol:

Ainu

I really liked the combat, there was a satisfying weight to it. If the combat had a downfall it was probably the lack of variety in the encounters, but the game was short enough to get away with it. The audio design made the combat that much better too, like the voices inside your head warning you when you were about to be attacked by an off-screen enemy.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It has begun.

Our arms our open.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I actually like switching between consoles. Owning 2 seems excessive but alternating means you'll get to catch up on the exclusives you missed from the previous generation.

Even though I've really enjoyed my PS4, I'm quite excited to wait for the proper next gen titles to start rolling out before buying a Series X and getting stuck into the best of Gamepass.

(I'll be very surprised if this post doesn't attract at least a couple of 'what Microsoft exclusives?')

Volumiza

I just watched the featurette included in the menu and my appreciation has increased fourfold listening to the dev team talk about and show how it was made.

I wish more games had this sort of thing.
there are already a few on YouTube related to the sequel

Last edited:

Ainu

Awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Something I found interesting is that they used one of the existing staff members as the stand-in for Senua, voice and likeness. They're only a small team but they all seem really talented.
She went on to put in one of the best and most intense performances I've seen in a video game and deservedly won best performer at The Game Awards and the BAFTA awards, among others. They really struck gold with her.

Volumiza

It has begun.

Our arms our open.
:)

She went on to put in one of the best and most intense performances I've seen in a video game and deservedly won best performer at The Game Awards and the BAFTA awards, among others. They really struck gold with her.
She was amazing no doubt but I think the avatar itself in general was one of the best I’ve controlled in any video game. The modelling, lighting, motion capture and realism were all absolutely spot on. Dead impressive.

But yeah, she looked perfect for the role and her grunts and shrieks while swinging the sword around were so good.

I played it on PS4 when it first came out and the played through twice on the trot a few weeks back after downloading just to see what it looked like on ps5.

I think i enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd playthroughs more than the first. The third act is just breathtaking stuff where all the mechanics and build up of the early game all come together to give one of the most cinematic finales I’ve played in any video game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks like the only good thing about the ps5, the controller, is a flaming piece of shit that doesn’t even last a year.

Abraxas

Looks like the only good thing about the ps5, the controller, is a flaming piece of shit that doesn’t even last a year.
What's wrong with the controller? Had mine since launch, fine after heavy use. The battery is not fantastic though, wasn't impressive from the start.

Never really understood the fanboyism these comparisons invoke. Let's be honest the consoles have been more or less the same for generations now. It's not like comparing grades of PCs, they are more or less similar hardware shoved in a box with 90% of the same games, there is nothing to really get excited about within the differences in my humble opinion. I would have happily stuck my hand into a draw and taken a PS5 or Xbox at random and handed over the £450.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
What's wrong with the controller? Had mine since launch, fine after heavy use. The battery is not fantastic though, wasn't impressive from the start.

Never really understood the fanboyism these comparisons invoke. Let's be honest the consoles have been more or less the same for generations now. It's not like comparing grades of PCs, they are more or less similar hardware shoved in a box with 90% of the same games, there is nothing to really get excited about within the differences in my humble opinion. I would have happily stuck my hand into a draw and taken a PS5 or Xbox at random and handed over the £450.
I wouldn’t because I wouldn’t want a controller like this.

My Dualsense has succumbed to stick drift :(
Yeah, mine too. I’ve also developed a squeaky X button :(
Same my X button is sticking a lot, for the amount I play it that’s a bit of a joke. Very suspicious that they bring out the new control pads now?

The PS4 controller never had these problems.
No, I’ve not thrashed mine either so the X button is weird.

I literally had 2 PS4 controllers throughout its whole life with no bother.
Same. Sent mine back to Sony last week. Luckily have two, so just using the other until it returns.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wouldn’t because I wouldn’t want a controller like this.
One of my controllers has gone completely spaffy since I updated it so I’ve not updated the other one yet but keep it quiet and don’t tell @VeevaVee

Reiver

Wonder if the rumours about starfield being an Xbox exclusive are true.
If it is, it’ll say a lot for future Bethesda games.
I think they are. My understanding is that the guy who seemed to start the current rumours is generally good on his Xbox predictions. I'm hoping he's wrong on this one though.