Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
That XBox streaming stick they announced is a good direction for them. If it works well I'll probably cop one. Saves me upgrading my PC or getting an Xbox console and all of that...
Yeah..

It's been obvious for a long time that a streaming stick and smart TV apps would be coming. Was just a matter of time.

They'll need a more accessible streaming only subscription cost though I think.

Conor

Games completed this year
  1. Spider-Man
  2. Spider Man: Miles Morales
  3. The Last of Us Remastered
  4. The Last of Us Part II
  5. Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
  6. Rise of the Tomb Raider
  7. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse
  8. Sackboy: A Big Adventure
  9. Remnant: From the Ashes
  10. Titanfall 2
  11. Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s about Time
  12. Ratchet & Clank
  13. Ghost of Tsushima
  14. Returnal
  15. Resident Evil Village
Loser.

Reactions: esmufc07

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You guys are mental. I'm playing PS5 right now and their fanboys and fangirls are strutting around like peacocks. First of, the console itself is hideous. Second) piss poor back compat. Well, actually, that's all. Also, the more user friendly trophy system is pathetic. You actually have to pay attention to some cnut and what their achievements are, instead them being plastered in your face! Made me actually want to complete games.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
You guys are mental. I'm playing PS5 right now and their fanboys and fangirls are strutting around like peacocks. First of, the console itself is hideous. Second) piss poor back compat. Well, actually, that's all. Also, the more user friendly trophy system is pathetic. You actually have to pay attention to some cnut and what their achievements are, instead them being plastered in your face! Made me actually want to complete games.
you ok mate?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
All

How would you score it mate?

I gave it an 8.5. Not perfect but very good.

Needed more Todd Howard.
For me it was a good show, but as a PlayStation owner there was nothing there to tempt me into buying a console. I’m really intrigued by Starfield and I really hope they produce something special with that.

As @Alock1 has said though with covid and the pandemic everything has been pushed back. I just think if you’re a Series X owner you’re having to wait a very long time for some actual games to start taking advantage of the hardware you’ve invested in.

Alock1

For me it was a good show, but as a PlayStation owner there was nothing there to tempt me into buying a console. I’m really intrigued by Starfield and I really hope they produce something special with that.

As @Alock1 has said though with covid and the pandemic everything has been pushed back. I just think if you’re a Series X owner you’re having to wait a very long time for some actual games to start taking advantage of the hardware you’ve invested in.
Flight Sim is next month and one of the most demanding games around

First thing I'm going to do is fly to the Sony headquarters and crash straight into it

El General 1994

That's fair enough. I'm happy short term with:

Doom Eternal next gen patch - The Gamepass Day one perk
Hades - Gamepass
Back for Blood - Gamepass
Halo Infinite - Amazing. Massive turnaround from Bonnie and her team
Forza H5
Flight Sim

b82REZ

That's fair enough. I'm happy short term with:

Doom Eternal next gen patch - The Gamepass Day one perk
Hades - Gamepass
Back for Blood - Gamepass
Halo Infinite - Amazing. Massive turnaround from Bonnie and her team
Forza H5
Flight Sim

:lol:

How can you say that? They showed no gameplay of the single player. That should set off alarm bells seeing as it's releasing this year. They're clearly prioritising the F2P multiplayer to try and keep up with Warzone, Fortnite and Apex.

Anything semi decent was timed exclusive at best. The only feather in the Xbox cap last night was Starfield, which again showed nothing of note and is 18 months away (assuming it doesn't get delayed again). Youse lot were getting all bullish in the lead up but as @esmufc07 said, for us looking to double dip this gen there was nothing exciting or worth dropping £450 this year, or the majority of 2022.

El General 1994

:lol:

How can you say that? They showed no gameplay of the single player. That should set off alarm bells seeing as it's releasing this year. They're clearly prioritising the F2P multiplayer to try and keep up with Warzone, Fortnite and Apex.

Anything semi decent was timed exclusive at best. The only feather in the Xbox cap last night was Starfield, which again showed nothing of note and is 18 months away (assuming it doesn't get delayed again). Youse lot were getting all bullish in the lead up but as @esmufc07 said, for us looking to double dip this gen there was nothing exciting or worth dropping £450 this year, or the majority of 2022.
Didn't they start of the Halo segment with some single player? Or was in rendered in game? Sparse though. I'm happy (albeit easily pleased).

Feck it...I'm all in.

Halo Infinite will be the best FPS since Half Life 2.

Time to be 100% fanboy!

b82REZ

Didn't they start of the Halo segment with some single player? Or was in rendered in game? Sparse though. I'm happy (albeit easily pleased).

Feck it...I'm all in.

Halo Infinite will be the best FPS since Half Life 2.

Time to be 100% fanboy!
Any gameplay, and I use that term very lightly here, was all multiplayer.

Considering the backlash the first reveal had, and the fact they showed no real in game footage it doesn't bode well IMO.

Like I said, I think they're focusing on the F2P market. Expect this to be riddled with microtransactions.

Alock1

Any gameplay, and I use that term very lightly here, was all multiplayer.

Considering the backlash the first reveal had, and the fact they showed no real in game footage it doesn't bode well IMO.

Like I said, I think they're focusing on the F2P market. Expect this to be riddled with microtransactions.
It's precisely because of the backlash last year that they didnt focus on Campaign. It wasn't the focus show and doesn't need to be any more, as it's no longer the title being relied upon to get people in. They didn't want comparisons or risking another Craig, and multiplayer was rightly the focus because it's the bigger piece that really matters.

Plus, the criticism last year was the graphics - not the gunplay/gameplay itself. Clearly they've done work on that, so I'm not sure there's any real reason to be greatly concerned. It won't be revolutionary but it hasn't been for a long time, and the challenge Halo has is that if it tries to catch up and please a modern crowd then you lose the loyal fanbase. It's time is done as the real flagship, but it can still be a big game and another good reason to subscribe to gamepass.

The multiplayer looks fantastic. I'm not worried about microtransactions. Warzone/Apex/Fortnite aren't pay-to-win, so I'm okay with any amount of mtx on customization and aesthetics.

b82REZ

It's precisely because of the backlash last year that they didnt focus on Campaign. It wasn't the focus show and doesn't need to be any more, as it's no longer the title being relied upon to get people in. They didn't want comparisons or risking another Craig, and multiplayer was rightly the focus because it's the bigger piece that really matters.

Plus, the criticism last year was the graphics - not the gunplay/gameplay itself. Clearly they've done work on that, so I'm not sure there's any real reason to be greatly concerned. It won't be revolutionary but it hasn't been for a long time, and the challenge Halo has is that if it tries to catch up and please a modern crowd then you lose the loyal fanbase. It's time is done as the real flagship, but it can still be a big game and another good reason to subscribe to gamepass.

The multiplayer looks fantastic. I'm not worried about microtransactions. Warzone/Apex/Fortnite aren't pay-to-win, so I'm okay with any amount of mtx on customization and aesthetics.

:boring:

Alock1

From the video I linked -
  • Battle pass doesn't expire
  • Can purchase old battle passes
  • No buying your way through the BP, so the last unlocks actually mean something
  • BP is entirely cosmetic

Thought you'd like to know

b82REZ

From the video I linked -
  • Battle pass doesn't expire
  • Can purchase old battle passes
  • No buying your way through the BP, so the last unlocks actually mean something
  • BP is entirely cosmetic

Thought you'd like to know
A battle pass doesn't mean there won't be loads of other microtransactions.

Battle passes are created to give a sense of progression despite you playing the same game ad nauseum.

Look at any game that has battle passes. They're still littered with other loot boxes and shit like that.

Alock1

A battle pass doesn't mean there won't be loads of other microtransactions.

Battle passes are created to give a sense of progression despite you playing the same game ad nauseum.

Look at any game that has battle passes. They're still littered with other loot boxes and shit like that.
And I bet they are cosmetic/aesthetic only with no impact on your ability in-game. We'll see :)

Alock1

Point out anywhere I said it'd be P2W.
Didn't say you had, but who cares if it has 1 or 10,000 mtx if they are completely unnecessary and people feel zero need to buy them other than that they want to look cooler. It's not a negative if all it does is allow the game to be free and accessible to anybody with a pc/xbox/xcloud sub.

Alock1

What forum do we think Bojan has been posting on then?

Or do we think he's, y'know..

turned vegan

b82REZ

Didn't say you had, but who cares if it has 1 or 10,000 mtx if they are completely unnecessary and people feel zero need to buy them other than that they want to look cooler. It's not a negative if all it does is allow the game to be free and accessible to anybody with a pc/xbox/xcloud sub.
You keep going on about how they won't impact gameplay. That implies you thought I was saying the microtransactions would be P2W.

I'm obviously not the target audience regardless. I can’t stand online shooters. The last one I played with any regularity was MW2.

I just don't like the predatory nature of loot boxes. I've seen the impact on children first hand. They basically get youngsters addicted to gambling from a young age. I'd criticise any devs or company for them.

Anyway back on topic. That E3 conference was a bit shit wasn't it.