Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah but can Xbox do it on a cold night in the Wankdorf Stadium.

Bosws87

It’s all truth!!

In reality I haven’t played console since June when I finished ratchet.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
The only posts that are real are Alock's delusional ones about balance :lol:
Talking of balance, what sort of console needs a cheap plastic stand just to sit in a unit or on a shelf

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Yeah I have mine on my side and it’s crap - they really ought to have come up with something better.
I mean, you could say that about the design and size of the console full stop to be fair. It's like they told some guy to make the most ridiculous design possible and after that they figured out how to make it actually function. At least the MS approach of "uhh...just like.. make a PC?" is somewhat practical.

Fully Fledged

Can't tell which posts are real or not any more. This thread is pathetic.
It's a verses thread it's not meant to be taken seriously.

Besides Ponies have far too much time on their hands with no new first party games out for the rest of the year so have to find something to fill their time.

Abraxas

I swapped my PS5 for an Xbox. I've never had an Xbox before and mainly did it for Flight SIM. But my take:

The PS5 controller is far superior. Ergonomics might be a matter of taste but the PS5 controller feels a better quality product. The Xbox has noisy, plasticy buttons and the PS5 has good sound from it and the feedback is far more subtle. Both have poor battery life.

On the other hand I think the Xbox is quieter. To my ears the PS5 had some light coil whine even under no load. The Xbox is near silent.
The PS5 disc drive makes a racket and is constantly reading the disc.

Completely subjective but I prefer the way the Xbox blends into a TV stand. More compact, less juvenile, PS5 stand is atrocious, feels like it cost 5 pence to make.

Game Pass is a very good product, there's no arguing that. At least 8 games on my list to play and more coming to it all the time. I had many free games from PSN but it was a lottery each month quality wise and my library was quite unappealing looking back at it.

Personally I prefer the PS5 menu system and definitely trophies are FAR better than achievements. But the former may just be my comfort zone, in time it may change - overall I think both setups are fine.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
'Both setups are fine'

What the hell do you know Abraxas. Get with the spirit of the thread, mate.

El General 1994

I swapped my PS5 for an Xbox. I've never had an Xbox before and mainly did it for Flight SIM. But my take:

The PS5 controller is far superior. Ergonomics might be a matter of taste but the PS5 controller feels a better quality product. The Xbox has noisy, plasticy buttons and the PS5 has good sound from it and the feedback is far more subtle. Both have poor battery life.

On the other hand I think the Xbox is quieter. To my ears the PS5 had some light coil whine even under no load. The Xbox is near silent.
The PS5 disc drive makes a racket and is constantly reading the disc.

Completely subjective but I prefer the way the Xbox blends into a TV stand. More compact, less juvenile, PS5 stand is atrocious, feels like it cost 5 pence to make.

Game Pass is a very good product, there's no arguing that.
At least 8 games on my list to play and more coming to it all the time. I had many free games from PSN but it was a lottery each month quality wise and my library was quite unappealing looking back at it.

Personally I prefer the PS5 menu system and definitely trophies are FAR better than achievements. But the former may just be my comfort zone, in time it may change - overall I think both setups are fine.
Welcome to the better gaming experience.