Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Just putting this out there but the cost the new Nintendo Online Expansion Pass (£35) makes both Gamepass and PS+/Now seem like a bargain.

I really thought they'd at least offer a monthly subscription after the backlash but alas.

b82REZ

Just putting this out there but the cost the new Nintendo Online Expansion Pass (£35) makes both Gamepass and PS+/Now seem like a bargain.

I really thought they'd at least offer a monthly subscription after the backlash but alas.
It's the bizzare decision to include the Animal Crossing DLC with it that bumped the price up. That was likely added as they knew a lot of people wouldn't upgrade.

I'm probably going to end up getting the expansion pass just because of the DLC for my gf. Then it works out at about £12 for the N64/Mega Drive stuff.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Definitely. Then you take into account that the other three services regularly get offers so they're even cheaper (today's PSNow offer being prime example) whereas you just know that the NOEP won't go on sale.

NOEP has apparently been littered with bugs too. The sad thing is, with Nintendo, people will still pay for it and they'll make a boatload from a subpar service at extortionate prices which probably won't even have its games supported when they decide to move on from the Switch.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
This is a console discussion thread, specifically between the PS5 and Xbox Series X. If you want to discuss Switch make a new bastard thread.

b82REZ

We could probably start the GOTY discussions but we're going to have to wait for the Boners to have a game to try and squeeze in.

Shall we just give Halo a bye and be generous and put it in at number 10?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'd have either Ratchet or It Takes Two as GOTY, maybe Dyson Sphere Program but that's too obscure for you losers.

It Takes Two is coming to Gamepass actually, play it if you can*

*you need a friend, sorry Xbox lads.

b82REZ

I'd have either Ratchet or It Takes Two as GOTY, maybe Dyson Sphere Program but that's too obscure for you losers.

Proper intrigued by DSP but I barely play anything on my PC anymore.

I'll probably grab it when I get my Steam Deck.

Massive Spanner

Proper intrigued by DSP but I barely play anything on my PC anymore.

I'll probably grab it when I get my Steam Deck.
I pumped 150 hours into it when it first came out, looks like they've streamlined a lot of stuff since, too, will definitely go back to it at some point. It's incredibly addictive so I'm going to wait for a very quiet period in my life!

I'd say the stream deck would be the perfect place for it actually.

Fully Fledged

OK it’s been 57 days. Starfield still on 15m. Top 2 PS games now on a combined 22m.
11/11/22 and we haven't seen much but it still gets 15.5m views just wait to see how many it gets when they actually show some footage.
We still haven't seen gameplay footage yet as it's not out until next November. That was my condition for it getting more views. Patience.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Damn. Didn't know It Takes 2 is coming to gamepass. I've already got it but great game for the service. Everybody should play it.

Makes for crazy Q4 value on gamepass. Back4blood, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, It Takes Two, San Andreas, Football Manager. Plus AOE for those on PC.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Damn. Didn't know It Takes 2 is coming to gamepass. I've already got it but great game for the service. Everybody should play it.

Makes for crazy Q4 value on gamepass. Back4blood, Halo Infinite, Forza Horizon 5, It Takes Two, San Andreas, Football Manager. Plus AOE for those on PC.
That is very good to be fair. It’s been a dry quarter for PS for sure.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Chastened by The Chase, the newly humble @esmufc07 is starting to waver about the Series X. This is truly a momentous day.

b82REZ

That is very good to be fair. It’s been a dry quarter for PS for sure.
It's been a dry 4 quarters for MS.

But don't worry Halo and Forza are coming :lol:. Imagine if Sony relied on games that were good 2 decades a go to shift units.

Massive Spanner

Enjoying AOE a good bit so far. Glad to see FM come to it too, makes sense, stopped paying for it years ago cause it's basically just an update patch these days.

Great quarter for gamepass indeed, I do think you get max value out of it if you've a PC too, though, then it's just ridiculous value!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's free marketing for them innit. They're making money if anything

You can't say the same about Sony who only ever market games featuring Aloy, Kratos or Nath and Drake
Well that's bollocks isn't? Try harder, 0-10

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Well that's bollocks isn't? Try harder, 0-10
Oh no, I genuinely think there's some truth to it. Xbox has been marketing a fair few of the third-party games that come to Gamepass. They change their banners and avatars on Twitter to match them, which they recently did with Hades (can't find any pics now).

Compare what they're doing on https://twitter.com/XboxGamePass

with what Sony's doing on https://twitter.com/SonyPSPlus

PS Now doesn't even have a social media account.