Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I've decided I don't want to buy a next-gen console at launch, but I've told my nephew he can have my One S. How bad of me is it to renege on the deal?

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Get a cheap one x
Nah, I'm not spending any money on another console from this gen. Ideally, I would have waited a year, but I might be stuck now. £450 for a console with no games that I couldn't play on the One S. Cool.

Cole9

Nah, I'm not spending any money on another console from this gen. Ideally, I would have waited a year, but I might be stuck now. £450 for a console with no games that I couldn't play on the One S. Cool.
You'd be better off buying a second-hand One S off eBay for about £120 and give that to him. No point spending £450 on something you don't need.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
You'd be better off buying a second-hand One S off eBay for about £120 and give that to him. No point spending £450 on something you don't need.
I will need one eventually. Was just hoping to wait a year.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If he's doing that he may aswell just spend the extra £100 and get the Series S, and then he's half way to a next gen console.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Does anyone else worry that when they buy stuff like a new console that it'll break on them? Like, it'll red ring or the fan will be too loud etc? I seem to have the worst luck with shit like that.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Go for the £28/month Series X deal ? It's not like it is going to come down in price in the first 12 months or so so may aswell just take the plunge now
Yeah, that sounds good. I don't know, I might even go PS5 first. MS has been pissing me off lately.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Man, you guys are even gonna pay more for disc versions, just to play them on a less powerful console. Yikes.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Couldn't tell when I last paid RRP for a game. That'll continue this Gen too. Games will be sub £45 weeks after release...

Castia

It was a tough choice and I’m sure ill eventually get a series S but I pre ordered the PS5.

The exclusives were just too much to ignore and not having a PS4 for the past 2 years I have loads of games to catch up on.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It was a tough choice and I’m sure ill eventually get a series S but I pre ordered the PS5.

The exclusives were just too much to ignore and not having a PS4 for the past 2 years I have loads of games to catch up on.
Ah you'll have a ton of games to get through, especially with the PS Plus Collection they're doing for PS5.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Ah you'll have a ton of games to get through, especially with the PS Plus Collection they're doing for PS5.
They’ve done a great job on that if people fancy transferring from the Xbox they can jump into some of the big exclusives.

Stemmy

Honestly, if it wasn't for the couple of mates that I play games with that basically don't look past Playstation, I'd go for the Series X myself this time round.

I play super casually these days so I don't play many games. Out of the PS exclusives I used to play Uncharted and Gran Tourismo and since Uncharted is finished and I'm not that stuck on Gran Tourismo that it would decide a console for me. I'd mainly get multiplats and Xbox messaging appeals to me more. I can't seem to stand Jim Ryan getting real Don Mattrick vibes from him.

In the end though it'll likely be PS5 again for me this gen, but neither at launch so can afford to sit back and see how they both pan out.

Adamsk7

as I went all in with the PS5, extra controller, headset, controller dock, remote, spidey and Demon’s Souls I am now not sure I’m gonna buy an Xbox at launch. I’ve still got a One X , I’m enjoying running through Witcher again in 4K and I’m about half way through Doom Eternal.
there doesn’t seem to be any big exclusive I can’t play on my current Xbox this gen and anything cross plat I can get on PS5.

There seems to be so much more to get excited about on PS5 - two genuinely good looking new games, a redesigned controller with new tech, cool peripherals, 3D audio headset, games like Ratchet, Horizon and GOW (although that’ll be delayed) coming within a year etc

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
as I went all in with the PS5, extra controller, headset, controller dock, remote, spidey and Demon’s Souls I am now not sure I’m gonna buy an Xbox at launch. I’ve still got a One X , I’m enjoying running through Witcher again in 4K and I’m about half way through Doom Eternal.
there doesn’t seem to be any big exclusive I can’t play on my current Xbox this gen and anything cross plat I can get on PS5.

There seems to be so much more to get excited about on PS5 - two genuinely good looking new games, a redesigned controller with new tech, cool peripherals, 3D audio headset, games like Ratchet, Horizon and GOW (although that’ll be delayed) coming within a year etc
Yeah I was tempted to get a Series S but as you say there is just nothing to play that really pulls me to the console? Like you say I think there's a fair bit to get excited about with the PS5 (hope the haptic feedback isn't as naff as the sixaxis was)

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
£70 for a game :lol:

Was tempted to move from mid-range PC to one of these, but that puts me right off!

Adamsk7

I remember paying £60 for SNES games. I even paid (well my mum did) £90 for the import of Super Street Fighter 2!

I don’t wanna pay £70 for games (and there WILL be deals and sales) but to be fair, they’ve not had much of a price increase for ages and the cost of development has only gone up and up. Two of my best mates are in the business and they have a torrid time at crunch to get these games out

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
£70 for a game :lol:

Was tempted to move from mid-range PC to one of these, but that puts me right off!
I think for a game that gives you plenty of entertainment it isn't bad value. You can pay £70 and more for a United ticket for 90 minutes 'entertainment'. But I will be slightly more cautious about buying games, no doubt.

And I imagine retailers will sell more in the £50-£60 range anyway.