Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evil_geko

Fair enough. Personally I never enjoyed a generation as much as PS4, the games were simply stellar.

I also have a gaming PC, which I enjoy. Though i'm not sure the PC community is a shining example of non-toxicity.
Oh yeah, I was mostly comparing console fanbases there.

Imagine letting people’s opinions on the internet affect your decision to buy a console.
Imagine missing the whole point of a post.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Agree. @Mr Pigeon and @esmufc07 the way they treated you was ridiculous over your opinions on the last of us 2.

You are welcome any time in Xbox threads. Nobody will attack you, I will make sure of it as I look after all the xboxers.
Yawn. At this point you're like a dodgy jukebox, except you're stuck playing Puttin On The Ritz by Taco instead of anything remotely decent.

Bojan11

Imagine letting people’s opinions on the internet affect your decision to buy a console.
See, what I mean @evil_geko.

I run a tight ship on Xbox. None of this riff-raff around to bother you. If you wanna call master chief a dick you can. Nobody will attack you for your opinion. If you want to say Marcus Fenix is promoting some hidden agenda, again you can as it’s your opinion and we at Xbox value it.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I like single player games too. Red dead, GTA, The Witcher, Skyrim and the like are plenty to keep me going. Looking forward to Cyberpunk and whenever the new Skate comes out, which has the opportunity to blend single player and online really well, so hopefully they don’t squander that.
Ah okay interesting, why don’t you fancy some of the Sony first party. Sounds like Horizon, GOW,, Ghost of Tsushima would be enjoyable for you?

Edit: the only reason I bring up the online thing really Veeve is just because my friends who still play Xbox were really won over by the online gaming service in the 360 era and never really left.

TrustInJanuzaj

I used to be a big PlayStation fan during the PS1 and PS2 era, but after PS2 the magic just wasn't there anymore, not even close. Also the PS toxic fanbase doesn't help the case. I would never trade the PC gaming for any of the consoles now though. I just love all the game tinkering, modding freedom, price freedom etc.
I shouldn’t get baited Into this but I think it’s massively unfair. I haven’t seen a toxic playerbase anymore than I have on Xbox or PC. The benefits of PC gaming you don’t have to sell me on, I can see why they would be brilliant but do we really have to be making up false arguments to win some internet points?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Ah okay interesting, why don’t you fancy some of the Sony first party. Sounds like Horizon, GOW,, Ghost of Tsushima would be enjoyable for you?

Edit: the only reason I bring up the online thing really Veeve is just because my friends who still play Xbox were really won over by the online gaming service in the 360 era and never really left.
I fancy Horizon. Ghost of Tsushima looks pretty but from what I’ve heard it’s fairly meh. None of them are enough to make me want to move away from Xbox, Game Pass, the best controller, cheaper games, and what is now gonna be the more powerful console (more so than the usual minuscule difference. Whether that makes any difference in reality is yet to be seen).

I have enough to get on with without the exclusives to be honest. Before lockdown I’d only picked up my Xbox controller for Red Dead 2 and a bit of fifa in the last few years. I can be an avid gamer at times but go long stints without feeling like picking it up.

TrustInJanuzaj

I fancy Horizon. Ghost of Tsushima looks pretty but from what I’ve heard it’s fairly meh. None of them are enough to make me want to move away from Xbox, Game Pass, the best controller, cheaper games, and what is now gonna be the more powerful console (more so than the usual minuscule difference. Whether that makes any difference in reality is yet to be seen).

I have enough to get on with without the exclusives to be honest. Before lockdown I’d only picked up my Xbox controller for Red Dead 2 and a bit of fifa in the last few years. I can be an avid gamer at times but go long stints without feeling like picking it up.
Yeh I do get you especially on the time constraints.

Coxy

I’m going the Xbox route the next gen. if Sony had a proper version of Game Pass then it would be the other way round - as my favourite games this gen have been on the PlayStation e.g. God Of War, uncharted, Bloodborne etc

for me there’s so denying Sony have the best exclusives

but I’m going Xbox as the monthly price will mean I’m guaranteed games for ‘free’ (can’t afford to buy games every so often now)

I’m confident that Xbox first party content is going to be much better as well. Obsidian and the other new companies etc. Plus Fable.

i love Ori too and Wasteland 3 has been fun. Looking forward to Halo too - the reason I first bought an Xbox back in 2002.

exciting times for all of us!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I’m going the Xbox route the next gen. if Sony had a proper version of Game Pass then it would be the other way round - as my favourite games this gen have been on the PlayStation e.g. God Of War, uncharted, Bloodborne etc

for me there’s so denying Sony have the best exclusives

but I’m going Xbox as the monthly price will mean I’m guaranteed games for ‘free’ (can’t afford to buy games every so often now)

I’m confident that Xbox first party content is going to be much better as well. Obsidian and the other new companies etc. Plus Fable.

i love Ori too and Wasteland 3 has been fun. Looking forward to Halo too - the reason I first bought an Xbox back in 2002.

exciting times for all of us!
It'll take them some time to get going but I feel that Microsoft will eventually have some great exclusives from their new first party studios. At the very least it'll give Sony parties some much needed competition. As much as I like their output I'm starting to getting bored of waiting for the next Naughty Dog/Santa Monica/MM/Guerrilla game on rotation. Would like to see them mix it up (funnily enough, like GG did by moving away from Killzone and going on to Horizon).

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It'll take them some time to get going but I feel that Microsoft will eventually have some great exclusives from their new first party studios. At the very least it'll give Sony parties some much needed competition. As much as I like their output I'm starting to getting bored of waiting for the next Naughty Dog/Santa Monica/MM/Guerrilla game on rotation. Would like to see them mix it up (funnily enough, like GG did by moving away from Killzone and going on to Horizon).
Agree with that! I felt that way watching that playstation event every game was like 5th edition plus, more new IPs please!

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It’s kinda odd that you can’t accept anyone not loving the PlayStation as much as you do, even when giving very valid reasons
Erm, I was enjoying the juxtaposition to @esmufc07"s budget WeasteDevil... Don't particular care about who loves what.

Bojan11

Nice attempt at arse licking. We at Xbox do not want you anywhere near our games.

Nobody wants to wait 10 years for the next God of War. I rather they work on that. I agree Naughty Dog should create something else now Uncharted and Last of us appear done. Sucker Punch also moved away from Infamous games to Ghost of Tsushima. So you were wrong again.

I want Insomniac to make another Resistance. You probably have a problem with that because you got something against shooters. You can’t shoot your load or something?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Nice attempt at arse licking. We at Xbox do not want you anywhere near our games.

Nobody wants to wait 10 years for the next God of War. I rather they work on that. I agree Naughty Dog should create something else now Uncharted and Last of us appear done. Sucker Punch also moved away from Infamous games to Ghost of Tsushima. So you were wrong again.

I want Insomniac to make another Resistance. You probably have a problem with that because you got something against shooters. You can’t shoot your load or something?
Bojan, pal, seriously. Feck off. I'm trying to have a discussion and you're like that annoying wee bairn who runs into the room and shouts "BANANA" to disrupt everyone because you have to be the center of attention at all times.

Bojan11

Bojan, pal, seriously. Feck off. I'm trying to have a discussion and you're like that annoying wee bairn who runs into the room and shouts "BANANA" to disrupt everyone because you have to be the center of attention at all times.
I had to look up what bairn means. Yes, I am younger than you and for the last time we are not pals. We will never be pals, so get over it.

You spent all day writing that shitty cringe essay about Xbox names and I was the only one to take notice. You should be thanking me.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I hope so! I like that there's variety, not all third-person action/story driven games. Fable, Avowed, State of Decay, Gears, Halo, Forza, F Horizon, Everwild and Hellblade is potentially a cracking line up with lots of variety. Add some of what the B tier studios are doing plus The Initiatives game (which will be the hero, 3rd party story driven narrative) and I'm pretty hopeful.

It's clear they are going down the Netflix route. Pad gamepass with lots of quality, varied third-party titles and then push 'Xbox originals' and shift focus to first party once strong exclusives are in place.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I hope so! I like that there's variety, not all third-person action/story driven games. Fable, Avowed, State of Decay, Gears, Halo, Forza, F Horizon, Everwild and Hellblade is potentially a cracking line up with lots of variety. Add some of what the B tier studios are doing plus The Initiatives game (which will be the hero, 3rd party story driven narrative) and I'm pretty hopeful.

It's clear they are going down the Netflix route. Pad gamepass with lots of quality, varied third-party titles and then push 'Xbox originals' and shift focus to first party once strong exclusives are in place.
I'd love to play a game on Xbox that gives me the same rush I had playing Halo 3 or Gears again. Maybe it's just because I'm getting older and tastes change but I haven't had anything on the One that has caught my eye like those games did.

passing-wind

The whole vs thing is always going to be subjective. I prefer Sony due to the exclusive releases but just as likely really enjoy the Forza developments via Microsoft. Also the platform that Xbox has to replay older titles clearly is a big draw (360 table tennis is a must) but playstation has always been my go to since the PS3.

hubbuh

Why not? they make fantastic games you can't play anywhere else.
Shouldn't you be 'loyal' to the teams that develop the games, then? Sony just happen to be the multi-billion dollar company that paid the most for the exclusive rights. It's the equivalent of movie-buffs shitting on Miramax because they're loyal to A24. Tax avoidance, terrible working conditions for factory employees - that's what these companies (Sony, Microsoft) represent. I'm not saying boycott them but to be loyal to either one and to enjoy shitting on the other seems strange.

Coxy

Shouldn't you be 'loyal' to the teams that develop the games, then? Sony just happen to be the multi-billion dollar company that paid the most for the exclusive rights. It's the equivalent of movie-buffs shitting on Miramax because they're loyal to A24. Tax avoidance, terrible working conditions for factory employees - that's what these companies (Sony, Microsoft) represent. I'm not saying boycott them but to be loyal to either one and to enjoy shitting on the other seems strange.
I know you weren't asking me - but must admit I do have a slight 'loyalty' feeling to Xbox. Growing up I was a SEGA kid, not Nintendo. I never quite felt the same about PlayStation - and when Xbox came along in 2002 I jumped right in. Hard to fathom the feeling - but yes, I always want to see Xbox do well etc

Having said all of that - I fully acknowledge that Sony have the best exclusives right now - and with the sole exception of the 2 Ori titles - all of my favourite games this gen were on PS4.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
When you've got a little box sitting in the corner of your room for 25 years, with you through some of the most impressionable years of your life and bringing you countless hours of joy, then it's understandable that you form a connection with the company that's name is on it.

Bojan11

When you've got a little box sitting in the corner of your room for 25 years, with you through some of the most impressionable years of your life and bringing you countless hours of joy, then its understandable that you form a connection with the company that's name is on it.
I had a sky box for 25 years, I still hate sky and I definitely do not want to have a connection with them.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
For me it's a mixture of the quality of their hardware and software. Reliable consoles + great games = loyalty. That doesn't mean I'm not averse to buying other consoles (I've always bought a Nintendo console for the same reason), but with Xbox I've always had an issue with either the reliability (360) or finding quality games that I couldn't play on another console (One S). So for me I've no reason to buy into the next generation Xbox yet. They've acquired new studios so hopefully that will change.

I don't understand those who would never contemplate buying another console and stick rigidly to the one.

TrustInJanuzaj

For me it's a mixture of the quality of their hardware and software. Reliable consoles + great games = loyalty. That doesn't mean I'm not averse to buying other consoles (I've always bought a Nintendo console for the same reason), but with Xbox I've always had an issue with either the reliability (360) or finding quality games that I couldn't play on another console (One S). So for me I've no reason to buy into the next generation Xbox yet. They've acquired new studios so hopefully that will change.

I don't understand those who would never contemplate buying another console and stick rigidly to the one.
I think this echos my exact thoughts.

b82REZ

I used to be a big PlayStation fan during the PS1 and PS2 era, but after PS2 the magic just wasn't there anymore, not even close. Also the PS toxic fanbase doesn't help the case. I would never trade the PC gaming for any of the consoles now though. I just love all the game tinkering, modding freedom, price freedom etc.
Who would have thought you'd be interested in a master race :p

Sanchez7