Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

macheda14

I’ll be absolutely gutted if elder scrolls becomes an Xbox exclusive.
Yeh that would be the worst news. Part of me hopes that there’s a deal in place to allow certain IPs to be multi platform. If not I mean Elder Scrolls will be coming out in a goood good few years when hopefully a second hand launch Xbox series x won’t be too much.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeh that would be the worst news. Part of me hopes that there’s a deal in place to allow certain IPs to be multi platform. If not I mean Elder Scrolls will be coming out in a goood good few years when hopefully a second hand launch Xbox series x won’t be too much.
Yeh can only hope that’s the case! It’s a big deal though no doubt!

BristolRuss

Even if they do allow their games to be cross platform £70 on PS5 vs free on GamePass is a convincing argument for a lot of people to get an Xbox instead.

Raw

Theoretically if Microsoft allowed the big IPs to go on PlayStation, does that mean they'll be making money off PlayStation owners when they buy those games?

BristolRuss

Theoretically if Microsoft allowed the big IPs to go on PlayStation, does that mean they'll be making money off PlayStation owners when they buy those games?
100%. Not sure how much of a cut it would be as Sony will take a cut as well, but yes as the publisher some of the sale will be going MS's way.

TrustInJanuzaj

Even if they do allow their games to be cross platform £70 on PS5 vs free on GamePass is a convincing argument for a lot of people to get an Xbox instead.
Nah I don’t think that would be enough to sway. Exclusivity or nothing to get me to buy an Xbox.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So erm, guess I'll get their stuff on PC... Huge news though!

Last edited:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
What am I missing with ESO?

Played about 6 hours on stadia in total across two sessions. Graphics are ps3 level, tedious fetch quests requiring you to double back several times and combat that felt like Yoda hitting R2D2 with his stick and yelling 'mine mine mine' in ESB.

I'm guessing it gets better once you get further in?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
What am I missing with ESO?

Played about 6 hours on stadia in total across two sessions. Graphics are ps3 level, tedious fetch quests requiring you to double back several times and combat that felt like Yoda hitting R2D2 with his stick and yelling 'mine mine mine' in ESB.

I'm guessing it gets better once you get further in?
I felt the same, wanted to like it but didn't seem brilliant. Didn't help the Mrs and the kids would always interrupt when I tried to play though.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Even without Zenimax acquisition and the potential exclusives from their 8 studios

Xbox already has more next-gen only exclusives announced for XSX than the PS5 does

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Even without Zenimax acquisition and the potential exclusives from their 8 studios

Xbox already has more next-gen only exclusives announced for XSX than the PS5 does
What are they? Got any XBSX gameplay videos?

TrustInJanuzaj

Anything actually worth playing. Haven’t seen anything on the level of Spider-Man or Demon Souls.

Woodzy

Can't wait for these now. Can't really justify it in the slightest but I ended up ordering both.

Already got it planned out:
  • Fifa next month on PS4 so will have that automatically on PS5.
  • Will rinse gamepass for things to play on Series X launch
  • Will be getting Cyberpunk on Series X as I feel it'll probably have a very slight graphical advantage
  • Demon's Souls for PS5 launch

Bojan11

Can't wait for these now. Can't really justify it in the slightest but I ended up ordering both.

• Will be getting Cyberpunk on Series X as I feel it'll probably have a very slight graphical advantage
Sounds beautiful doesn’t it @esmufc07.

Balljy

l'll wait until the PS5 slim as the first couple of years are usually disappointing for consoles and you can catch up for cheap when the revised one is released. We'll go through the usual "the graphics are disappointing" and then 18 months later the games actually developed for the consoles will be released and everyone will be amazed.

Xbox is interesting as if they keep to their word about multi platform releases I'll stay on GamePass and play the likes of Fallout on PC which I guess will give them about the same money overall so makes sense to them.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses

Great stuff mate. I have both pre-ordered too but struggling to justify it aswel.

One thing on Cyberpunk is that whilst it may naturally benefit from a few things, the new consoles will be running the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X versions initially and they'll patch in a free upgrade with bells & whistles later. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't think they've given timelines on it. A lot of people buying the new console are going to want to play cyberpunk and it'll be a shame if it's not taking advantage of the tech so hopefully it isn't too long after launch.

Bojan11

Great stuff mate. I have both pre-ordered too but struggling to justify it aswel.

One thing on Cyberpunk is that whilst it may naturally benefit from a few things, the new consoles will be running the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X versions initially and they'll patch in a free upgrade with bells & whistles later. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't think they've given timelines on it. A lot of people buying the new console are going to want to play cyberpunk and it'll be a shame if it's not taking advantage of the tech so hopefully it isn't too long after launch.
That is correct. I’d hold off playing Cyberpunk on a next gen console until it gets the update next year.

Woodzy

From what I’ve read with Cyberpunk is that there will be some improvement on next gen, but the enhanced next gen versions won’t be dropping until next year. I’m not sure I have the patience to wait that long so I’ll play it on release and if it’s anywhere near as good as The Witcher then I’m sure I’ll plat it again when’s I gets upgraded.

Balljy

That is correct. I’d hold off playing Cyberpunk on a next gen console until it gets the update next year.
Will the initial PC release be "next gen" and that is what is ported to the next consoles or will there be a patch later on for both consoles and PC next year? It'll be disappointing if it's the latter as I'll have to hold off.

Bojan11

Will the initial PC release be "next gen" and that is what is ported to the next consoles or will there be a patch later on for both consoles and PC next year? It'll be disappointing if it's the latter as I'll have to hold off.
PC should be good to go day one.

Spoony

The People's President
Surely the only thing worth buying a PS5 for is Res Evil Village? I'm not sure it makes sense getting the new Xbox and PS5? Interesting times ahead. Very interesting.

@esmufc07

Adamsk7

Pretty much the only truly next gen game we have to bank on this year is Demon’s Souls, right?