Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Kin hell, Xbox is a good choice. PS only has exclusives over it — that’s it. For some that’s a deal breaker but not for all. Xbox’s exclusives haven’t been horrendous either so.

The game pass service/Xbox ultimate is the best service out there — it is known.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Kin hell, Xbox is a good choice. PS only has exclusives over it — that’s it. For some that’s a deal breaker but not for all. Xbox’s exclusives haven’t been horrendous either so.

The game pass service/Xbox ultimate is the best service out there — it is known.
Kind of important when it comes to gaming consoles.

Bojan11

Yeah I’m not privy to MS’s strategy going forward. In 10 years we may not even have traditional consoles and the Stadia model may be more popular. As you’ve said though competition is good and Xbox forced Sony to adapt and for the better so I’ve no complaints. At heart I’m a PlayStation fan and have been ever since I got a PS1 and that’s not likely to ever change :lol:
Judging by the broadband thread, I think the stadia model wouldn’t work for another 20 years in the UK!

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout

But what about

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
You would think Gamepass is second coming of Jesus or something the way it is worshipped by some. Gamepass has 10m subscriber out of install base of 50m Xbox user and countless PC user. Truth is, most don't care about 200 games it is offering. People have limited time and most prefer quality over quantity while rest just play CoD or Fifa.

I can see the appeal but I can hardly try all PS+ free games.

By the way Gabe Newell hated PS3 at the start and then couldn't stop gushing about it at the end.

Bosws87

You would think Gamepass is second coming of Jesus or something the way it is worshipped by some. Gamepass has 10m subscriber out of install base of 50m Xbox user and countless PC user. Truth is, most don't care about 200 games it is offering. People have limited time and most prefer quality over quantity while rest just play CoD or Fifa.

Its also a pile of trash on PC your forced to use the windows 10 app system to install and play games its horrible but it was also £3.99 so hard to moan at that price!

pratyush_utd

Its also a pile of trash on PC your forced to use the windows 10 app system to install and play games its horrible but it was also £3.99 so hard to moan at that price!
Isn't some game exclusive to Xbox ? Might explain the cost difference. Or the gaming library is same?

Bojan11

It’s a good service. I have most the games on there anyway, but have it on PC.

But people need to stop claiming gamepass is going to stop the normal model of where you buy a game and it’s yours. It hasn’t happened with Films, tv series or music. You can still buy them all separately or I must have dreamed HMV being around.

Bosws87

Isn't some game exclusive to Xbox ? Might explain the cost difference. Or the gaming library is same?
I cant 100% confirm but it looked very similar, i think i played Gears 5 which was excellent always loved the gears series especially at 4k on pc runs great and ori and the will of the wisp which is one of the best exclusives to date!

For £3.99 it was a bargain.

hubbuh

By the way Gabe Newell hated PS3 at the start and then couldn't stop gushing about it at the end.
In the few months I've had Game Pass, I've had Red Dead 2, Witcher 3, GTA 5, all the Halos, all the Gears, all the Metros, Batman: Arkham Knight, Forza Horizon, PES 20, Subnautica, West of Dead (probably my favourite), then loads of others like Yakuza 0 which I've not properly played yet. As a casual gamer, that is ridiculous value. I've only bought one game so far (COD, which I regret buying).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
In the few months I've had Game Pass, I've had Red Dead 2, Witcher 3, GTA 5, all the Halos, all the Gears, all the Metros, Batman: Arkham Knight, Forza Horizon, PES 20, Subnautica, West of Dead (probably my favourite), then loads of others like Yakuza 0 which I've not properly played yet. As a casual gamer, that is ridiculous value. I've only bought one game so far (COD, which I regret buying).
Was about to say this. There’s definitely some quality in there.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Game Pass is incredible - on PC at least. €4 a month for a library of constantly increasing games which include many AA and AAA games as well as some awesome indie games is insanity. I already have a fecking 6 or 7 game backlog on it.

The app itself is shocking, though.

Bosws87

I think the greatest feature of any of the subscription models is if your late to the party, if your a day one member the value is incredibly different to some one that jumps in 3 years down the line.

As in its highly unlikely any of those triple AAA games will be available for a long time unless its Xbox game studios.

Bojan11

It’s got all the Kingdom Hearts too. If you haven’t played Nier Automata then play that too.

Make sure you play Yakuza also or you’d join the shit list.

Ainu

Jesus! How can you even play all of those in a few months? :lol:

hubbuh

Jesus! How can you even play all of those in a few months? :lol:
I say play, I actually mean loading them up and playing for about an hour or two. I like having the option, though!

It’s got all the Kingdom Hearts too. If you haven’t played Nier Automata then play that too.

Make sure you play Yakuza also or you’d join the shit list.
Nier Automata looks interesting! I also really enjoyed the first couple of hours of Yakuza. Hard to give each game a fair crack to be honest! I want to play more of Grounded, though. The first an hour or so was fecking great (and extremely scary).

Bojan11

According to new research, over half of all gamers plan to buy a next-gen console within three months of launch, with Sony’s Playstation 5 the clear device of choice.

The findings come via a wide-ranging survey of over 3,000 pop culture fans in the UK undertaken by pop culture agency Experience12. Data was collected between June 25th and July 2nd through MCM Comic Con online channels. 80 per cent of the respondents were aged between 18 and 34 (48 per cent were in the 25-34 year old category; 32 per cent in the 18-24 category). Meanwhile, 58 per cent were male, 38 per cent female, 2 per cent non-conforming and 1 per cent transgender.

When asked to choose which upcoming console they were most excited about, 84 per cent named PlayStation 5, compared to 15 per cent who are most anticipating Xbox Series X.

In terms of when they plan to buy these new consoles, 37 per cent said ‘at launch’, 9 per cent expect to buy within a month, 12 per cent within three months and 26% within six months of launch.

Given the intense hype around the game, even following its delay to November 19th, Cyberpunk is unsurprisingly the most anticipated game among those surveyed. 43 per cent of respondents said CD Projekt’s title was the one they’re most excited about, followed by Square Enix’s Marvel’s Avengers at 15 per cent.
https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news...-launch-with-the-ps5-the-clear-favourite/amp/

You win this round @esmufc07.

I am surprised Avengers came second for most anticipated game. Thought it would be Fifa judging by most UK gamers taste.

Also surprising 37% will be upgrading day one.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Yeah, I couldn't watch that shit past a couple of minutes.

As for the trailer, I thought it was poor. The graphics look meh, and for a Halo game it looks incredibly plastic with none of the classic Halo shine to it. The resolution is obviously high and what they aimed for, but there is clear cost...and that's what the next gen will be, all about 4k but losing a lot of the graphical flair.

Spoony

The People's President

As for the trailer, I thought it was poor. The graphics look meh, and for a Halo game it looks incredibly plastic with none of the classic Halo shine to it. The resolution is obviously high and what they aimed for, but there is clear cost...and that's what the next gen will be, all about 4k but losing a lot of the graphical flair.
Why do you think the graphics are so mediocre?

Bojan11

They shot themselves in the foot by making it for the 2013 Xbox one. They should have maybe started with the Xbox x as the base model for the game and build from that. It’s a missed opportunity for MS to show the Series X off by having a big exclusive out on it. Sadly it’s going to be brought down by a 2013 console and you have to say 343 who haven’t done a great job with running Halo.

Bungie games were way better and Halo 3 looked better. Most importantly, I’d give them a pass for graphics if the gameplay is good. If I was MS and 343 screw this up again, I would throw big money at Bungie to make the next one. Move 343 to another project. They probably bored of making Halo all their lives. Just like the coalition will be with Gears.

The online is rumoured to be free to play and 120fps. They have confirmed no loot boxes.

Redlambs

Why do you think the graphics are so mediocre?
I didn't say mediocre. I said meh, which means I don't find them impressive for a next gen trailer.

If you look back at the previous Halo games, from 1-3 specifically, there's a style there. The bump mapping started it all, but mainly the overall texture work and gloss to everything. That style has been lost as the games go on and they make them more COD-like, you can see they disabled a hell of a lot in this trailer just to get the resolution up.

Normally it's about bullshots when it comes to games, where they switch everything on to make it look as good as possible then lower it for release, well what's worrying here is if they've done that for this then the release game will be even more plain.

They shot themselves in the foot by making it for the 2013 Xbox one. They should have maybe started with the Xbox x as the base model for the game and build from that. It’s a missed opportunity for MS to show the Series X off by having a big exclusive out on it. Sadly it’s going to be brought down by a 2013 console and you have to say 343 who haven’t done a great job with running Halo.

Bungie games were way better and Halo 3 looked better. Most importantly, I’d give them a pass for graphics if the gameplay is good. If I was MS and 343 screw this up again, I would throw big money at Bungie to make the next one. Move 343 to another project. They probably bored of making Halo all their lives. Just like the coalition will be with Gears.

The online is rumoured to be free to play and 120fps. They have confirmed no loot boxes.
Now that's something. However the release of Halo MCC on PC has shown they really don't know how the handle the early games, and the latter have become simply bog standard fps'. It'll be interesting to see what the community thinks of this new launch past the initial buzz.

I agree with your overall post , 343 don't have the same passion and seemingly understanding of the Halo tradition (if that's the right way to put it :lol:).

pratyush_utd

@Bosws87 probably still will find a way to bitch at that if it’s true.
To be honest Xbox had paid Multiplayer good 6 before PS and nobody cared because service was good.

Also free to play multiplayer is already free on PS while MS charges for it. So maybe they will remove that condition.

Let's see the quality if it indeed becomes free because if I remember correctly, PSN on PS3 was not at all good.

Edit :Halo is confirmed free to play with 120fps mode. If more games start doing this then I have to invest in Hdmi 2.1 tv. Perfect excuse to pick up LG C9 I guess.

Last edited:

Bojan11

To be honest Xbox had paid Multiplayer good 6 before PS and nobody cared because service was good.

Also free to play multiplayer is already free on PS while MS charges for it. So maybe they will remove that condition.

Let's see the quality if it indeed becomes free because if I remember correctly, PSN on PS3 was not at all good
Eh?

PSN on PS3 wasn’t good because Sony had not even prepared for online gaming properly compared to MS not because they were not charging for it. The OS wasn’t built mainly for online gaming. I know you probably forgotten but MS make OS for computers, so that’s why they had the edge not because they were charging for it. Sony didn’t care about that until they saw how much money 360 was making from online.

A lot of basic features that you could do on Xbox live were missing. The game patch system was broken because if a game had three patches then you’d have to download them all separately, where as with the 360 you’d just download the latest patch. The invite system was broken. Even stuff like trophies wasn’t available at launch because MS came up with achievements first. No party chats. You couldn’t change your name, which you could do on the Wii.

I know it’s hard for you being a Sony fanboy to give MS any credit, but they pretty much changed the game when it comes to online gaming on console. Maybe you should stick to defending Sony on crunch or crying about Ghost of Tsushima getting a 7 and calling it a conspiracy, 7 is a good score btw. Even better actually play the said game and then realise why it got a 7.

Paying for something doesn’t make it better. Just look at Switch online. That’s made it worse because it’s killed the user base of certain games online even though the sub for a year is cheap. PS4 got better because the OS they designed was way better. I prefer it to the Xbox one dash because it’s faster.

Redlambs

Eh?

PSN on PS3 wasn’t good because Sony had not even prepared for online gaming properly compared to MS not because they were not charging for it. The OS wasn’t built mainly for online gaming. I know you probably forgotten but MS make OS for computers, so that’s why they had the edge not because they were charging for it. Sony didn’t care about that until they saw how much money 360 was making from online.

A lot of basic features that you could do on Xbox live were missing. The game patch system was broken because if a game had three patches then you’d have to download them all separately, where as with the 360 you’d just download the latest patch. The invite system was broken. Even stuff like trophies wasn’t available at launch because MS came up with achievements first. No party chats. You couldn’t change your name, which you could do on the Wii.

I know it’s hard for you being a Sony fanboy to give MS any credit, but they pretty much changed the game when it comes to online gaming on console. Maybe you should stick to defending Sony on crunch or crying about Ghost of Tsushima getting a 7 and calling it a conspiracy, 7 is a good score btw. Even better actually play the said game and then realise why it got a 7.

Paying for something doesn’t make it better. Just look at Switch online. That’s made it worse because it’s killed the user base of certain games online even though the sub for a year is cheap. PS4 got better because the OS they designed was way better. I prefer it to the Xbox one dash because it’s faster.
Yup.

pratyush_utd

Eh?

To be honest you sound like a bigger fanboy than I do. It's not even confirmed and you are asking me to appreciate it. It was MS which started the trend of making consumer pay for playing online. Sony just followed suit. I have PS+ and I hardly play anything online. I was making the point about how it improved it's service when it made it paid service. If you disagree you can make that point without making it fanboy discussion.

Your point about Ghost of Tsushima is so petty that it doesn't even deserve a response. Please go ahead lapping up Microsoft. Not interested in fanboy discussion. You get triggered far too easily whenever you think MS doesn't gets its due and yet you call someone else a fanboy.

Actually reading back my post I don't know what got you so triggered. I mentioned MS service is better. PS has F2P free while MS doesn't. Don't know what is wrong? Hopefully you can explain that without having a meltdown. Also the last one was more of question because I mentioned I believe in our previous discussion I did tell you I had Xbox 360 instead of PS3 so I don't know but I keep reading how bad PS3 network was and how it improved after it became paid service.

Last edited:

Bojan11

To be honest you sound like a bigger fanboy than I do. It's not even confirmed and you are asking me to appreciate it. It was MS which started the trend of making consumer pay for playing online. Sony just followed suit. I have PS+ and I hardly play anything online.

Your point about Ghost of Tsushima is so petty that it doesn't even deserve a response. Please go ahead lapping up Microsoft. Not interested in fanboy discussion.
Where did I say appreciate this news?

I said appreciate what Xbox have done for online gaming on consoles. Sony with the PS3 didn’t have any clue with online gaming and it showed with how antiquated it was compared to the 360.

My Ghost comment is valid. Keep crying conspiracy theories onto why reviewers gave that a 7. The same reviewers that gave another sony exclusive 9s across the board just one month before Ghost came out. And if you bothered reading the thread on here the general conscious sounds like 7 is the perfect score for it. What’s wrong with 7? Maybe stop visiting resetera for gaming opinions would help. The only thing that forum is good for is news. Everything else is shit and they somehow managed to make it worse than Neogaf. Even better suggestion would be to play the game for yourself.

Most your posts about MS have been concern trolling about gamepass, something you admitted you have no interest in yet keep talking about it for some odd reason. I’m sure if Sony came up with something similar you’d be hyping it up as the second coming of Jesus. Those were your words.

Oh and I own all the systems plus PC. I just don’t bum lick one in particular like you do. I don’t see the point. You not getting paid are you? You were defending Naughty Dog treating their staff like shit, so maybe you are? The usual it happens everywhere, so it’s fine. If Naughty Dog change their ways then I guarantee you most the industry will copy them because they are one of the biggest devs. Competition is good. I don’t want anyone to fail like some do.

You can ask @Alock1 the stick I gave MS with how shitty the Xbox one was at the start of this gen and the lack of exclusives. I been critical of 343s handling of Halo since they taken over. Or how MS just give their studios one game to develop.They should give some of the studios like 343 and Coalition freedom to create something else besides Halo and Gears for the rest of their lives because both those franchises were better when Bungie or Epic did them.

I look forward for more potato footage of your mates gamer tag like the other clown.

These fanboys are so weird. I see Sony developers like Cory Barlog hyping up the Xbox conference. These guys have a personal interest because they work for Sony yet can see past that to praise something else. Just weird how people who don’t work in the industry get more emotionally charged over it.

pratyush_utd

Where did I say appreciate this news?

I said appreciate what Xbox have done for online gaming on consoles. Sony with the PS3 didn’t have any clue with online gaming and it showed with how antiquated it was compared to the 360.

My Ghost comment is valid. Keep crying conspiracy theories onto why reviewers gave that a 7. The same reviewers that gave another sony exclusive 9s across the board just one month before Ghost came out. And if you bothered reading the thread on here the general conscious sounds like 7 is the perfect score for it. What’s wrong with 7? Maybe stop visiting resetera for gaming opinions would help. The only thing that forum is good for is news. Everything else is shit and they somehow managed to make it worse than Neogaf. Even better suggestion would be to play the game for yourself.

Most your posts about MS have been concern trolling about gamepass, something you admitted you have no interest in yet keep talking about it for some odd reason. I’m sure if Sony came up with something similar you’d be hyping it up as the second coming of Jesus. Those were your words.

Oh and I own all the systems plus PC. I just don’t bum lick one in particular like you do. I don’t see the point. You not getting paid are you? You were defending Naughty Dog treating their staff like shit, so maybe you are? The usual it happens everywhere, so it’s fine. If Naughty Dog change their ways then I guarantee you most the industry will copy them because they are one of the biggest devs. Competition is good. I don’t want anyone to fail like some do.

You can ask @Alock1 the stick I gave MS with how shitty the Xbox one was at the start of this gen and the lack of exclusives. I been critical of 343s handling of Halo since they taken over. Or how MS just give their studios one game to develop.They should give some of the studios like 343 and Coalition freedom to create something else besides Halo and Gears for the rest of their lives because both those franchises were better when Bungie or Epic did them.

I look forward for more potato footage of your mates gamer tag like the other clown.

These fanboys are so weird. I see Sony developers like Cory Barlog hyping up the Xbox conference. These guys have a personal interest because they work for Sony yet can see past that to praise something else. Just weird how people who don’t work in the industry get more emotionally charged over it.
You really are getting pissed at something that I didn't even mention.

Naughty Dog defence was not for how they treat their staff. It was for how every review mentioned it while I don't see the same for other company. Ghost of Tsushima was just for how some developers ( and not for publishers like Sony) do not get the benefits that some developer like Naughty Dog get. I actually mentioned Naughty Dog if you had bothered to read my comment and said how their game didn't deserve the rating it got and I preferred GOT over it. I can disagree with the reviews and I mentioned it. Didn't know I can't mention that without being called a fanboy which is ironical considering you accused me of defending Sony and Naught Dog.

Gamepass is a model that do not interest me and I reserve the right to cast doubt over it. That doesn't make me a fanboy. I don't get any payment from Sony or MS and will be spending my money on the product that offers the best deal as far as I am concerned. Just because my interests doesn't match with yours doesn't make me a paid out shill for Sony.

I just felt it was uncalled for how you turned into fanboy discussion. And no I don't own "all the system" like you do. Good for you. Neither do I get emotionally attached to any product I buy. Also I don't seek approval from people on Internet to say what I think about a Company and their product. It was not a attack but just a doubt over the news considering how unethical MS has been their entire history. If they make it free and Sony makes it free, it will be great for the community but I don't have to do gaga over MS or for that matter Sony. I thought this thread is just for fun but man it's way too serious over here

Last edited:

Bojan11

You really are getting pissed at something that I didn't even mention.

Naughty Dog defence was not for how they treat their staff. It was for how every review mentioned it while I don't see the same for other company. Ghost of Tsushima was just for how some developers ( and not for publishers like Sony) do not get the benefits that some developer like Naughty Dog get. I actually mentioned Naughty Dog if you had bothered to read my comment and said how their game didn't deserve the rating it got and I preferred GOT over it. I can disagree with the reviews and I mentioned it. Didn't know I can't mention that without being called a fanboy which is ironical considering you accused me of defending Sony and Naught Dog.

Gamepass is a model that do not interest me and I reserve the right to cast doubt over it. That doesn't make me a fanboy. I don't get any payment from Sony or MS and will be spending my money on the product that offers the best deal as far as I am concerned. Just because my interests doesn't match with yours doesn't make me a paid out shill for Sony.

I just felt it was uncalled for how you turned into something else.
Gamepass doesn’t interest you? Yet you keep talking about it. I don’t talk about stuff that doesn’t interest me.

Oh and I’m talking about this matey

There is history with Jason and Neil. Jason leaked how ND are crunching which quite frankly everyone do in industry. If you think how companies get you shiny new phones in 6 months then you would know how crunching is the norm and not how Jason put it " Naughty Dog problem".

Vice review was the worst one out there. Sony only contacted them and there is not even a mention of what was discussed apart from disagreement. The journalist just took Sony and Naughty dog and got the attention which was originally intended. Polygon and Skillup also gave them bad review but they weren't contacted.

Also Sony is not the only company which follows with reviewers. There is nothing wrong in following up. If journalist was intimidated, then it's wrong. But all that journalist mentioned was they contacted, which could be absolutely anything. Naughty dog are easy target just like Rockstar to get attention
The old everyone does it so it’s fine. Don’t call them out on it. Damn you, Jason Schrier with a grudge. Your response to that to is have a go at MS because you somehow managed to bring them into that debate and link me a vid of a guy who who was being homophobic within the first min and he was saying how you can go on Xbox live to call black people pee pee heads. Did you not see why in the first 2 minutes of the vid how MS stopped working with that clown?

I ain’t having that lad. There’s a reason I tag @Alock1 because he was ultra defensive about Xbox even though his arguments were more compelling than yours and would not stop going on about Project spark. I found my new Sony PR man to tag. You beat @esmufc07, so piss off Elvis. I got PC with @MaxiPaxi but Maxi atleast can praise consoles. Now I need to find my Nintendo guy.

pratyush_utd

Gamepass doesn’t interest you? Yet you keep talking about it. I don’t talk about stuff that doesn’t interest me.

Oh and I’m talking about this matey

The old everyone does it so it’s fine. Don’t call them out on it. Damn you, Jason Schrier with a grudge. Your response to that to is have a go at MS because you somehow managed to bring them into that debate and link me a vid of a guy who who was being homophobic within the first min and he was saying how you can go on Xbox live to call black people pee pee heads. Did you not see why in the first 2 minutes of the vid how MS stopped working with that clown?

I ain’t having that lad. There’s a reason I tag @Alock1 because he was ultra defensive about Xbox even though his arguments were more compelling than yours and would not stop going on about Project spark. I found my new Sony PR man to tag. You beat @esmufc07, so piss off Elvis. I got PC with @MaxiPaxi but Maxi atleast can praise consoles. Now I need to find my Nintendo guy.
Fine I guess :lol: we had I think few more interaction after that but it's okay. You got me. It's amazing how labelling starts when you don't agree with someone. You must be esteemed member of Resetera if I am not wrong?

I like PlayStation. Would love when Satya Nadella fires Phil Spencer and calls Aaron Greenberg a moron in the public. Maybe even shut down Xbox division to top it off.

Funny how you got so pissed off about online multiplayer comment when where I live I can't find a decent server to play any games and you think I give a damn about Multiplayer part.

Don't take it personally I guess is what I would say. No matter how much you think I really couldn't give a damn about who wins or fails. But I would not agree with you if you give GOT 7 okay?

Last edited:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I prefer the PS and have a PS4 generally, but I'm 99% sure I'd get Xbox this time around for Gamepass alone. It's absolutely amazing. I have it on PC and it is far, far better than PS+.

Bojan11

Fine I guess :lol: we had I think few more interaction after that but it's okay. You got me. It's amazing how labelling starts when you don't agree with someone. You must be esteemed member of Resetera if I am not wrong?

I like PlayStation. Would love when Satya Nadella fires Phil Spencer and calls Aaron Greenberg a moron in the public. Maybe even shut down Xbox division to top it off.

Funny how you got so pissed off about online multiplayer comment when where I live I can't find a decent server to play any games and you think I give a damn about Multiplayer part.

Don't take it personally I guess is what I would say. No matter how much you think I really couldn't give a damn about who wins or fails. But I would not agree with you if you GOT 7 okay?
I don’t take anything personally on forums.

And where do you live? That’s crazy if you can’t find any multiplayer servers. What games are you trying to play online too?

You are entitled to your opinion on Ghost. I don’t think it’s higher than a 7. The combat is good, but that’s about it. It’s better than AC games for me, so that’s a start. But those games they been making for 13 years. So with Ghost they have a solid base to improve the sequel to get a 8 or 9.

Just like gamepass isn’t for everyone, I know that. I like owning my own shit too and supporting the dev. Most the games I got on gamepass, I own already even the MS exclusives. The ones I don’t have are Yakuza series, but I played them on PS. Gamepass is only useful to me on PC, so I don’t have to buy some of the games again.

I just don’t agree with the notion that if gamepass does well that Sony or Nintendo are suddenly going to follow and drop the £50 a game model. Even MS have not done that. You can still buy their games separately and they just offering people more ways to play their games.

pratyush_utd

I don’t take anything personally on forums.

And where do you live? That’s crazy if you can’t find any multiplayer servers. What games are you trying to play online too?

You are entitled to your opinion on Ghost. I don’t think it’s higher than a 7. The combat is good, but that’s about it. It’s better than AC games for me, so that’s a start. But those games they been making for 13 years. So with Ghost they have a solid base to improve the sequel to get a 8 or 9.

Just like gamepass isn’t for everyone, I know that. I like owning my own shit too and supporting the dev. Most the games I got on gamepass, I own already even the MS exclusives. The ones I don’t have are Yakuza series, but I played them on PS. Gamepass is only useful to me on PC, so I don’t have to buy some of the games again.

I just don’t agree with the notion that if gamepass does well that Sony or Nintendo are suddenly going to follow and drop the £50 a game model. Even MS have not done that. You can still buy their games separately and they just offering people more ways to play their games.
India. I do get COD servers but mostly in 70-80ms range which is decent enough to play but I got bored playing that after 2-3 weeks. Warzone is quite irritating due to rampant cheating in Asian server. Fifa online doesn't interest me at all. Played Battlefront 2 during Christmas last year due to the PS sale and it was fun for sometime but these days finding people online takes too much time. Hardly ever got full bars in that and it used to lag but it was insanely fun experience so I stuck with it for sometime.

Don't know about other games as I really don't get too much time so I prefer quality single player game. Happy with PS+ because I get few games each year that I was planning to buy usually. I see the Gamepass appeal but I don't think it's for consumers like me. I keep getting this on reddit like how can you not like Gamepass and probably that provoked that comment that day. Don't have anything personal against it and to be honest if I was in college or atleast in work that do not require insane hours, it could have been a great deal for me as well.

One thing I do wish that happen is crossplay on games that are available on all 3 console. PC gaming is popular in my country and not supporting crossplay really hampers the number of player that I can play a particular game with. I guess if I really want to play online then Xbox would be better choice considering how games are now supporting crossplay between PC and Xbox. PC is just not an option as i can't justify paying that much just for games and I also like to play on my couch.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Edit 2: oh feck off fanboys with your jargon confusing me and shit.

Last edited:

Bojan11

India. I do get COD servers but mostly in 70-80ms range which is decent enough to play but I got bored playing that after 2-3 weeks. Warzone is quite irritating due to rampant cheating in Asian server. Fifa online doesn't interest me at all. Played Battlefront 2 during Christmas last year due to the PS sale and it was fun for sometime but these days finding people online takes too much time. Hardly ever got full bars in that and it used to lag but it was insanely fun experience so I stuck with it for sometime.

Don't know about other games as I really don't get too much time so I prefer quality single player game. Happy with PS+ because I get few games each year that I was planning to buy usually. I see the Gamepass appeal but I don't think it's for consumers like me. I keep getting this on reddit like how can you not like Gamepass and probably that provoked that comment that day. Don't have anything personal against it and to be honest if I was in college or atleast in work that do not require insane hours, it could have been a great deal for me as well.

One thing I do wish that happen is crossplay on games that are available on all 3 console. PC gaming is popular in my country and not supporting crossplay really hampers the number of player that I can play a particular game with. I guess if I really want to play online then Xbox would be better choice considering how games are now supporting crossplay between PC and Xbox. PC is just not an option as i can't justify paying that much just for games and I also like to play on my couch.
Crossplay on Xbox games are dependant on the game. Halo MCC doesn’t have it. That’s because the game arrived broken when it came in 2014 and they probably don’t want to break matchmaking even more by adding PC. As you can’t even do coop campaign with a friend on Xbox, if you have PC.

Gears, sea of thieves and Forza all have crossplay.

Had a look at the latest sales figures, Sony sold over 400k PS4s in India, Xbox sold 40k and you have to import the Switch to buy it there. So I would probably tell you to stick with PS because even with cross play on PC and Xbox the user base will be tiny compared to PS. As it seems like only Sony exist in India, MS have made a half arsed attempt and Nintendo haven’t bothered at all which is odd. Any reason why Nintendo don’t sell there?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I prefer the PS and have a PS4 generally, but I'm 99% sure I'd get Xbox this time around for Gamepass alone. It's absolutely amazing. I have it on PC and it is far, far better than PS+.
PS+ isn’t a rival to gamepass though, it would be PS Now. There are plenty of good games on there; I just think MS have done a far better job at marketing gamepass than Sony have done with PS Now.

MS pushing gamepass so hard and the ability to play old games is probably because they have feck all coming up in the future though.