Idrissa Gueye

Forwards
Kylian Mbappe
Neymar
Edison Cavani
Mauro Icardi
Angel Di Maria
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting

It will be interesting when Mbappe, Neymar, Cavani and Icardi will be all available for a game :cool:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Forwards
Kylian Mbappe
Neymar
Edison Cavani
Mauro Icardi
Angel Di Maria
Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting
:lol: Choupo-Moting's name in amongst that lot is like when that random guy snuck on the end of one of United's champions league team photos.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Still feel they’re a midfielder short

BalanceUnAutreJoint

The funny thing is that Di Maria is probably more important to PSG than any of these forwards aside of Neymar, whenever Neymar is out he is the one leading the attack and making the biggest difference between PSG being underwhelming or great

I also can't see Icardi adapting to PSG, he is a poacher and will always be one, It's gonna be up to Mbappe to take a seat back.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Oh they actually signed Icardi, didn't see him linked with them at all but guess he had little option.

Seems a bit of overload with Neymar staying so guess he'll (Icardi) will be their bench option.

Last season they had issues with lack of central midfield depth so they do have far more options now with Gana and Herrera in. They might not be world class but hard workers in midfield never did Liverpool any harm in the CL.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Isn't Cavani going to the MLS next year?
Man. United really should be all over that. Short term but think he could have similar impact to Zlatan and help young forwards like Greenwood.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Navas is a good signing and deserved better at Madrid. Courtois is a complete mess since day one.

Hope the arrogant fecker stays there and gets the white hankies every game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Where did Areola go, Real Madrid?

Sergio Rico in as back up is pretty strange. Seems to have had a Joe Hart decline in last 2 years, was abysmal at Fulham last season, let in so many easy goals.

wr8_utd

:'(
They've finally got a quality keeper and have made decent signings in midfield. If Neymar can stay fit for the CL, they've got no excuse not to make the semis at the very least.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The only team that is consistent with South Americans.
Team-building. French, Spanish and Portuguese are the top 3 spoken languages. South-America the best value for money in football.

:lol: Choupo-Moting's name in amongst that lot is like when that random guy snuck on the end of one of United's champions league team photos.
Yeah a recruitment that is disappointing and unbelievable. Instead of promoting Weah, we took him last year.

Still feel they’re a midfielder short
Last year, it was clearly the case. This year, there are much more options with Herrera/Gueye in.

They've finally got a quality keeper and have made decent signings in midfield. If Neymar can stay fit for the CL, they've got no excuse not to make the semis at the very least.
Yeah! That said, our lateral defenders are our biggest uncertainty/weakness.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
The reality is that our best recruit is a Brazilian.

Leonardo - Sporting Director

izec

They look more balanced now. Real depth as well. Icardi wont be first choice though if everyone is fit

tentan

Poor man's poster.
They'll win the league easily and flop in the CL like every year.

Sterling Archer

Yawn. This thread should be a predictions one on who they'll lose to in the Champions League knockouts this season. I'll throw my vote in for Chelsea.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
I'm starting to think that competing in Ligue 1 week in and week out make them too soft to play in Europe. The way they went out to an awful United showed lack of grit or urgency. It can't be fixed buying players.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'm starting to think that competing in Ligue 1 week in and week out make them too soft to play in Europe. The way they went out to an awful United showed lack of grit or urgency. It can't be fixed buying players.
We looked more soft than they did when we played, they have had a lot of bad luck but it seems the players that can get away with playing in Ligue 1 get exposed in higher level like Kehrer and hate to say it but a past it Buffon.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Navas is a very good signing. Buffon was absolutely comical in the CL last season.

Agree on the midfield reservations. Gueye and Herrera live for big game scraps, but in the way of a side playing as the second strongest on the pitch. Sarabia had a monster g/a tally from CM last season, but will he push up from Europa League level to CL?

Pigggyy

Ligue1 was not a limitation when they destroy Liverpool at Parc des prince last year, without referee and luck it was 4 or 5/0 easily...

Pathetic management and comicals decisions were the big limitations of this club, since the master(Leonardo) is back it will be another story. Right know Tuchel has a big pression, he hasn't the argument of no midfield or bad relation with Henrique to put on the table...

The only drawback is the laterals, Dagba and especially Bernat are not the best defenders.
In midfield, Herrera will stay on the bench, they will play with Gueye and Verratti for domestic plays and with Marquinhos n°6 for CL he is very good in this position.

Pigggyy

Navas is a very good signing. Buffon was absolutely comical in the CL last season.

Agree on the midfield reservations. Gueye and Herrera live for big game scraps, but in the way of a side playing as the second strongest on the pitch. Sarabia had a monster g/a tally from CM last season, but will he push up from Europa League level to CL?
Sarabia will be on the bench in CL, there are already Neymar, Icardi, KMB, Dimaria and Cavani ahead of him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sarabia will be on the bench in CL, there are already Neymar, Icardi, KMB, Dimaria and Cavani ahead of him.
I was under the impression he mostly played in midfield last season? Those are wingers/strikers.

Pigggyy

I was under the impression he mostly played in midfield last season? Those are wingers/strikers.
You're right, i think this season he will play mostly at right as di maria substitute or in 8 in midfield with geye and verratti, he'll be a back up in all cases in my opinion.

Bwuk

Surprised they signed Icardi to be honest, I'd of thought they'd of gotten a right sided forward and pushed Mbappe through the middle.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
As if they didn't have enough drama with Neymar they sign Icardi and his wife from hell. I'd rather the investors pulled out at this point if I were a PSG fan. Better to be a nice midtable club than the clownshow they're becoming.

It's not like they're nearly winning important trophies anyway.

Ban

We have to see who they'll lose against in the CL and which player of that club they'll go on to buy.

Kostur

海尔的老板
As if they didn't have enough drama with Neymar they sign Icardi and his wife from hell. I'd rather the investors pulled out at this point if I were a PSG fan. Better to be a nice midtable club than the clownshow they're becoming.

It's not like they're nearly winning important trophies anyway.
It sort of goes against what their owner said recently about no superstars bullshit, doesn't it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People are missing the point. With that attacking, they need hardworking midfield . That midfield is a solid setup for that attack to shine.

izec

It sort of goes against what their owner said recently about no superstars bullshit, doesn't it.
I am pretty sure Icardi is happy to be at PSG rather than Inter. He only said he wants players that want to play for the club, not necessarily that he wouldn't go for superstars.

romufc

Their attack is really stacked! Midfield looks weak though.
This is quite funny. On other threads so many fans have been crying about Herrera leaving and there was also calls early in the window for us to sign Gueye.

Put that with Verratti it is not too bad.

Pigggyy

Neymar Icardi Mbappe Dimaria
Gueye Verratti

Neymar Icardi Mbappe
Gueye Verratti
Marquinhos

The right compo in 442 is something appealing...7/3 every match :) Icardi could take the same role like Falcao in Monaco, with his killing goal precision, it could be huge...

About the left compo, 433 with Marquinhos in 6, he has proven last year he could be top 5 in this position, a very solid midfield...
I don't speak about verratti, he is so underated, if pogba cost 150M€ how much cost Verratti?