PSG 2019/2020

RooneyLegend

This is quite funny. On other threads so many fans have been crying about Herrera leaving and there was also calls early in the window for us to sign Gueye.

Put that with Verratti it is not too bad.
You could put a cone next to Verratti and the midfield wouldnt be too bad, amazing footballer.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I am pretty sure Icardi is happy to be at PSG rather than Inter. He only said he wants players that want to play for the club, not necessarily that he wouldn't go for superstars.
Oh crap, I might have twisted his words a bit then yeah, I stand corrected.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
People are missing the point. With that attacking, they need hardworking midfield . That midfield is a solid setup for that attack to shine.
Their midfield (Gueye, Verratti, Herrera) will be very hardworking, no doubt about that. The issue will be getting them fit long enough for them to form a partnership.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This summer, Leonardo showed how great he is as sporting director. PSG honestly turned a terrible situation into one of their best summer in a long time for team balance (which Neymar and Mbappe in the same summer was not the best example of). They once again held firm and kept one of their players against Barcelona (first Veratti, now Neymar), something most clubs are never capable of, and they got Icardi for essentially peanuts to try out one of the best strikers in Serie A and world football with a Cavani that's becoming alarmingly more injury prone and showing signs of aging (and if you believe the reports of his decision to go to the MLS after his contract is up, he seems to know he is aging as well). If Icardi works out, 60m is still a bargain and the option is up to PSG to pick up, a really great move by Leonardo at the last hour of the window.

The midfield is solid, there's still a question mark at RB, which will probably be their weakest position but most teams in the CL have a similar problem somewhere on the field.

The question that's always there is will they finally hold on to a result in the CL (or even get to a result in the first place when it matters). They are in a situation where anything they do domestically is unimportant if they achieve as it's expected, and ridiculed if they fail. There is no winning if they listen to the outside noise unless they do well in the CL, which they've consistently failed. They also need to improve their fitness and stop getting injuries to key players in crunch time.

Overall, this is as good of a summer as I've seen from PSG in quite some time when it comes to balancing the team and dealing with a lot of outside noise from Spain. After 23746 covers of Neymar in Mundo deportivo, we can finally put this behind us and it's really in Neymar's best interest to show he is still a top 3 player in the world, because PSG has absolutely no incentive to let him go unless they get exactly what they want and there's not going to be an incentive for any of the big clubs to go for him if he consistently gets injured or goes missing when it matters.

Pigggyy

How has Gueye looked so far?
considering his short prep, he was very good the 2 first games, he was comfortable technically with fast passes forward, i was quite surprised. to be confirmed against serious opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suedesi

Neymar Icardi Mbappe Dimaria
Gueye Verratti

Neymar Icardi Mbappe
Gueye Verratti
Marquinhos

The right compo in 442 is something appealing...7/3 every match :) Icardi could take the same role like Falcao in Monaco, with his killing goal precision, it could be huge...

About the left compo, 433 with Marquinhos in 6, he has proven last year he could be top 5 in this position, a very solid midfield...
I don't speak about verratti, he is so underated, if pogba cost 150M€ how much cost Verratti?
Au contraire, I think he is overrated. People talk him up like the next Xavi or Iniesta, but he while he shows flashes of brilliance, he doesn't have the same class. Not the same range of passing, not the same vision, dribbling/penetration, he is rash on the challenge and gets a yellow a game, has a bit of a temper that gets in the way and is injury prone. And he hasn't won anything of substance.

So to answer your question, he's probably worth about 100M€ at most (and btw Pogba is not worth 150M€ either).

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@SilentWitness

He is the player PSg was looking for since Motta retired and Matuidi left the club.

- 1 assist
- 4 tackles
- 6 balls won
- touched the ball 90 times

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That seems insanely high. Does anyone know our players' average salary?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That seems insanely high. Does anyone know our players' average salary?
Although L'Equipe's numbers aren't reliable that makes about 35% of PSG's turnover for the first team players, whose wage bill is in line with the other top earning club, only Barca paying way more.
MU's wages must be close.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Nine out of ten highest paid Ligue 1 players are at PSG. This is some shameless shit.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nine out of ten highest paid Ligue 1 players are at PSG. This is some shameless shit.

It's 10 out of 10 and Ligue 1 isn't a rich league so it's not exactly surprising.

LiquidSnake

Thiago Silva and Cavani aren't renew, so it's done for them in PSG but it's not like it's a surprise for anybody.

Also Aouchiche and Kouassi (2 highly touted youngsters) are leaving.

Some tweets from Romain Molina (which is like Tier 0 imo), about this subject and many things going wrong in PSG :

(3 weeks ago)

"Many directors and employees warned Leonardo about this problem but he didn't listen, pretty sure to manage the issue by himself. He's just getting ran around."

Leonardo, somewhat, confirmed this tweet in his interview this weekend.

"Pape Gueye's lawyer, is typically all I hate about football world. Showboating (up to the point to kill the reputation of my player to foreign teams), I make believe a lot of thing to people, I talk a lot to the press, and first and foremost, I improvise myself as an agent."

"Lawyers/agents dividing families and playing an act with press to have a good image, is the big thing right now... After "Scapin The Schemer" (a play of Moliere), "The Football Schemes, episode 478" "

"Talking about scheming, this week a special episode (on his YT channel) about Hakim Hammouche (Kouassi's agent) and Aouchiche's agents (who were brought and helped by a Nasser friend !(yes the PSG chairman) ), and mainly Kader who threatened to "feck up" a PSG youth coach (the PSG direction said nothing about it)"

"So to make it clear : It was weird Nasser's people who helped agents reclaim one of the PSG's biggest youth talent only for make him leave for free. The same people who tries to get involved in the transfers by making appointments with agents behind the sporting director's back"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: