PSG - 2021/22 | French Spurs?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
———Neymar-Mbappe
——————Messi
Nuno Verratti Herrera Hakimi
Kimpembe Ramos Marquinhos
——————Navas

Could this work ? Only setup I could come up with to accommodate MNM and maintain some semblance of balance…
I think Poch intends to play this formation but Ramos is taking forever to get fit

Ish

Lights on for Luke
———Neymar-Mbappe
——————Messi
——————Navas

Could this work ? Only setup I could come up with to accommodate MNM and maintain some semblance of balance…
Yeah, seems their strongest set up. Making Wijnaldum instead of Herrera, but you'd need to put a little brakes on Wijnaldum bombing forward.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
———Neymar-Mbappe
——————Messi
——————Navas

This looks kind of like Brazil at the 2002 WC.

Neymar = Rivaldo, Creative CAM/SS turned striker
Mbappe = Ronaldo, speedy striker with awesome acceleration and an eye for a goal
Messi = Ronaldinho, Winger cum CAM Wizard that can unlock any defence.

Could work I suppose if Nuno and Hakimi can provide the width and the attacking power of Carlos and Cafú.

He'sRaldo

For these front three to work against hard working teams they need a midfield of Kante, Casemiro and peak Modric. We have Ronaldo that doesnt do shit defensively, they have three Ronaldos.
Funny enough, for his age Ronaldo has been working hard defensively for us.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Funny enough, for his age Ronaldo has been working hard defensively for us.
Yup, just the fact that Ronaldo is a better header makes him better than any of those 3 when defending corner kicks or set pieces, he also seems to help even more when playing for Portugal. It's not his specialty but it's just that those 3 (particularly Messi and Mbappe) are that lazy it makes him look like the Lass diarra of forwards in comparison. :lol:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's so interesting to see what it's like to really have the media against you. Every single news story is designed to create unrest within the team, this is such a non-story.

'Forward who didn't score today complains of not getting the ball, you will be SHOCKED by what's said'

:rolleyes:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's so interesting to see what it's like to really have the media against you. Every single news story is designed to create unrest within the team, this is such a non-story.

'Forward who didn't score today complains of not getting the ball, you will be SHOCKED by what's said'

:rolleyes:
The only thing interesting going on in your club. :D

Canagel

I have to say this team is really something else :lol:

Just posted it in the Mbappe thread .. and the team looks together from what I have seen of them. It's not their issue that one guy has a big ego problem and doesn't want to humble himself despite putting in stinkers most weeks.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Just posted it in the Mbappe thread .. and the team looks together from what I have seen of them. It's not their issue that one guy has a big ego problem and doesn't want to humble himself despite putting in stinkers most weeks.
Mbappé has been PSG player since he joined them, in terms of good performance per minutes played.
Right now he has 4 goals and 3 assists.

What "stinkers most weeks" are you talking about?

I do actually watch PSG, i have no doubt he has been their best player since he joined them, especially considering that Neymar has been injured for long periods, including in CL important matches.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You don't watch the games at all, do you?

Canagel

Mbappé has been PSG player since he joined them, in terms of good performance per minutes played.
Right now he has 4 goals and 3 assists.

What "stinkers most weeks" are you talking about?

I do actually watch PSG, i have no doubt he has been their best player since he joined them, especially considering that Neymar has been injured for long periods, including in CL important matches.
players have stinkers and terrible perfomances all the time while putting up a G/A in a game. it doesnt mean they were good, unless you are the type of fan that judges players solely off their Opta spreadsheets and their FIFA cards.

or are you suggesting that is enough to be regarded as a good perfomance? that is a very low bar for a supposed elite player.

I too have watched PSG (actual full 90 minute games and not highlights) and I have seen him play enough. he isn't as great as you think.
even on his good days I never rated him as highly as others.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
players have stinkers and terrible perfomances all the time while putting up a G/A in a game. it doesnt mean they were good, unless you are the type of fan that judges players solely off their Opta spreadsheets and their FIFA cards.

or are you suggesting that is enough to be regarded as a good perfomance? that is a very low bar for a supposed elite player.

I too have watched PSG (actual full 90 minute games and not highlights) and I have seen him play enough. he isn't as great as you think.
even on his good days I never rated him as highly as others.
That's your opinion then, i always rated him high since i saw him playing for France U-19, before he even showed at UCL with Monaco in 2017.

I do think Harry Kane is overrated, but that's my opinion, other people might disagree with it... it's fine.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You think Mbappe has been good this season? You'd be the only PSG fan to think that, I believe.
I think he's not playing great and still has 4 goals and 3 assists, which is more than you can say for Neymar or Messi. I think Di Maria has been the best player so far of the attacking players, but I wouldn't say Mbappe's put anything close to resembling stinkers. He's also the player of the month in the league, so I'm definitely not the only one to think that.
No one does to be honest.
There's more people watching PSG now than there ever has been before, and you're in this thread, so what are you doing here discussing a team no one watches? :lol:
I watch all the games, full 90 to be precise. still havent seen anything special to justify the hype that surrounds the player.
Well then that's really sad and tells me I can't really take your opinion very seriously.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
There's more people watching PSG now than there ever has been before, and you're in this thread, so what are you doing here discussing a team no one watches? :lol:
5 is more than 3, that is true. And I wasn’t discussing. I left a remark.

LoneStar

The match today should be tasty, Messi is playing right? Heard last week that he might not.

It will be interesting how PSG line up against City. That front 3 might click and score goals, but I guess its a nightmare for the rest of the team, since they won't be tracking back much.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pochettino is as much of a nothing manager as Ole is tbh. Glad we picked Ole over him, as at least we settled the last few years.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
God are we awful. Pochettino doesn't know what he's doing, we might have looked like a proper team only 4 or 5 times since he arrived.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Pochettino is as much of a nothing manager as Ole is tbh. Glad we picked Ole over him, as at least we settled the last few years.
I wouldn't be so sure we don't go in for him if it doesn't work out at PSG...

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I haven't watched a single game of PSG under Poch so don't know exactly what is going on and can't give an opinion on what I think it's the problem. But I did see quotes from Conte the other day saying any coach would struggle there with such an unbalanced team.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I see some of the Ole-inners are poisoning this thread. Pochettino has started well and like the poster above stated and most people that actually know something about football, a lot of managers will struggle with the imbalance team and the egos of these players. Pochettino has handled it well and is top of a very difficult group. This is still Pochettino in first gear and I expect that this psg team will become a monster when he has settled even though he has already beaten most of the top team in Europe so far

EtH

God are we awful. Pochettino doesn't know what he's doing, we might have looked like a proper team only 4 or 5 times since he arrived.
Don’t you think many a manager would struggle to make sense of the team with that front three ?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Don’t you think many a manager would struggle to make sense of the team with that front three ?
I do but it's not the front three that worries me the most. It really is a problem defensively but on offense, our midfield and full backs are just clueless. We bought Hakimi and we're not getting much out of him because he's either to high or to low on the pitch and it doesn't seem that they practiced any kind of connexion with whoever is the right midfielder. Our team looked like it's the first time they play together, every game. Fortunately we're lucky enough to have Mbappé (for now), Neymar, Messi or Di Maria that'll make something happen but that's pretty much the only hope we have, we don't produce quality football and only rely on individual brilliance.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I see some of the Ole-inners are poisoning this thread. Pochettino has started well and like the poster above stated and most people that actually know something about football, a lot of managers will struggle with the imbalance team and the egos of these players. Pochettino has handled it well and is top of a very difficult group. This is still Pochettino in first gear and I expect that this psg team will become a monster when he has settled even though he has already beaten most of the top team in Europe so far
:lol:

EtH

I do but it's not the front three that worries me the most. It really is a problem defensively but on offense, our midfield and full backs are just clueless. We bought Hakimi and we're not getting much out of him because he's either to high or to low on the pitch and it doesn't seem that they practiced any kind of connexion with whoever is the right midfielder. Our team looked like it's the first time they play together, every game. Fortunately we're lucky enough to have Mbappé (for now), Neymar, Messi or Di Maria that'll make something happen but that's pretty much the only hope we have, we don't produce quality football and only rely on individual brilliance.
It’s the consequence of your scatter gun transfer approach, signing every gettable quality player good fit or not. But once Ramos is back and you’re presumably playing with wingbacks I reckon you’ll look a lot better. Hakimi hasn’t played a lot at traditional RB the past few years.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It’s the consequence of your scatter gun transfer approach, signing every gettable quality player good fit or not. But once Ramos is back and you’re presumably playing with wingbacks I reckon you’ll look a lot better. Hakimi hasn’t played a lot at traditional RB the past few years.
The team isn't well built that's for sure. We needed a quality midfielder and got Messi instead so we end up with Herrera, Gueye and the shadow of Wijnaldum in the midfield. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The worst part is, we didn't even sign big flashy names after Neymar/Mbappé before last mercato. Paredes, Gueye, Herrear, Danilo, Rafinha, there's nothing fancy about those transfers but they're just... so average.

EtH

The team isn't well built that's for sure. We needed a quality midfielder and got Messi instead so we end up with Herrera, Gueye and the shadow of Wijnaldum in the midfield. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The worst part is, we didn't even sign big flashy names after Neymar/Mbappé before last mercato. Paredes, Gueye, Herrear, Danilo, Rafinha, there's nothing fancy about those transfers but they're just... so average.
Eerily similar to us this summer.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Eerily similar to us this summer.
It is, i've made this comment a couple of times already. I get you can hardly turn down Messi but it's just not what we needed to be a balanced team.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Hakimi has been one of their best players. He has scored and assisted lots for your team and even his stats in whoscored has him rated highly. Have you been watching psg this season? It is the front three that has been poor. Herrera, hakimi, and gueye has been psg best players so far. Weird that you are not worried about that front three when they have been miss firing so far and was the main reason for your only defeat against Rennes

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The pressure is increasing on Pochettino, I always said I would only start judging him with this season, and granted it's not easy to build cohesion when the starting line up has to change all the time, we haven't had a consistent XI all season due to injuries or international games but there is zero sense of a general philosophy. It's just do the best you can on defense and pray for a miracle from the fantastic players on the front line and so far, it's all been Mbappe who's been carrying the load, he's been by far the best player out of the front three. Neymar's been detrimental, and PSG actually look like they're playing better without him on his current form but they are leaking on defense and you can't expect to go far depending on individual brilliance against the big teams, not a collection of individuals.