PSG - 2021/22 | French Spurs?

mu4c_20le

Tuchel looked like an amateur there. It’s a poisoned chalice. No one is making that team work. Too much ego and not enough work rate.

Would be hilarious to see them not get out of the group although I do like Poch.
He won the league in both seasons he was there and took them to a CL final. They were stupid to get rid because he was outspoken, but he managed them just fine.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tuchel looked like an amateur there. It’s a poisoned chalice. No one is making that team work. Too much ego and not enough work rate.

Would be hilarious to see them not get out of the group although I do like Poch.
Tuchel made a champions league final and won the league every year didn't he?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Didn’t he win the league every year & make a CL final? Wish we had that kind of amateur.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Are you trolling? He went to a CL final with them :houllier:

trims

Supports
Arsenal
For the talent upfront, their midfield is bang average without Veratti.

Side passes and back passes with no creativity.

Poch decided to play a CB as LB and they never posed much threat. That Mendes kid who came on changed things, not sure why he didn't start.

EtH

He won the league in both seasons he was there and took them to a CL final. They were stupid to get rid because he was outspoken, but he managed them just fine.
Tuchel made a champions league final and won the league every year didn't he?
Didn’t he win the league every year & make a CL final? Wish we had that kind of amateur.
Are you trolling? He went to a CL final with them :houllier:
He only made that CL final after being made to look an amateur by Ole’s red army in the round of 16 the previous year.

But yes, it was harsh and an overgeneralization on my part which made it a bit of a stupid post. Thank you all for pointing that out.

meamth

So pattern of play, good coaching wins football matches.

Well, didn't happen yesterday.

PSG coaches had no clue.

Demas

Supports
Chelsea
They will have serious problems facing teams that can press and counterattack effectively, because their big-name star players hardly press or track back. They may blitz some teams but on days when things are not going well for them upfront, they may be in trouble. It would be interesting to see how they would fare against a team like Bayern Munich.

Eddy_JukeZ

I don't think Mbappe is going to do the workrate for the other two if that's what they pretend, specially after keeping him against his will. He still managed to be injured so tough start of the season for him.
He won't, and he probably doesn't feel he should since he's been their best player this season thus far.

I'm just not convinced MNM are a great fit at this point in time. MSN were a way better fit and had a younger Messi.

Messi worked harder off the ball then than he does now, and Suarez worked harder than Mbappe ever did. Neymar is a better overall player now, but he was more direct back then and made more runs from the left channels. Now he comes short for the ball a lot(mimicking Messi), so Mbappe is their only runner into the channels. He's extremely lazy without the ball(as is Messi) and Neymar doesn't work as hard as he used to either. They have to essentially hide 2 defensive passengers in the modern game.

Early days, but I don't think it's optimal.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They're behind the likes of Bayern and City. Great players upfront but great teams need balance.

Real Name

I thought darling Poch will destroy teams left, right and centre but Brugge looked better for most of the game yesterday.
Oh well at least he won a French super cup.

To quote a cafe poster: "Any manager from division 3 to PL would set the PSG team the same."

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
They will have serious problems facing teams that can press and counterattack effectively, because their big-name star players hardly press or track back. They may blitz some teams but on days when things are not going well for them upfront, they may be in trouble. It would be interesting to see how they would fare against a team like Bayern Munich.
I said this last season and I am still of the same opinion. PSG are essentially an 'all fur coat and no knickers' type of team. Fantastic attacking play when things are going well, but easily exposed when things aren't.

To be honest, I do not think Poch is the issue and it is more of a cultural thing within the squad of players they have there. Maybe someone like Ramos can change that, however I am not sure.

Either way, they'll get out of their group and I suspect to the Semi final or something. However, they won't go any further as once they come up against a very good side with the right attitude they crumble.

::sonny::

It’s nice to sign a player who will spend all the time at club like on holiday

Sergio Ramos injured with no return date

Last edited:

Pep's Suit

This can easily happen when you sign old players who won everything only because you offered more money than any other team. Plus they know their season in France doesn't really start before February / March. Of course this can still work out well for PSG but Premier League teams can't afford it.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
This can easily happen when you sign old players who won everything only because you offered more money than any other team. Plus they know their season in France doesn't really start before February / March. Of course this can still work out well for PSG but Premier League teams can't afford it.
Indeed

PSG is obsessed with signing top players past their peak... I'm pretty sure they will go for the likes of Benzema,De Bruyne,Kroos, Lewandowski,etc once their current teams don't need them anymore, and let them leave.

But i get why they are doing it, no way the likes of Messi,Ramos,Buffon, Benzema,Kroos, etc would be down to play in Ligue 1 at their peak...so they have no other option , but to wait for top players to get a bit old in order to get more chances of convincing them to join PSG.

lloyd2wayne

Super inflated ego = player power. Unlike at Barcelona and Real Madrid, where the fan play a huge part in keeping the players in check motivation wise; these superstars at PSG may have more power than the manager. He can't whip them in shape using iron fist. Feel like this is very predictable.

He did show he can coach, but seem like he doesn't have the bottle to sell big players his ideas.
In order words he is not an elite manger.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
He did and he is still the highest paid player in PL history.
No, he made more money with United than he ever did with Juventus. Juventus was not paying him 500,000 a week but that’s a topic for a different thread

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
No, he made more money with United than he ever did with Juventus. Juventus was not paying him 500,000 a week but that’s a topic for a different thread
He was paid 30 million net at Juventus.

Varun

Staff
Yes, we can start a thread about facts folks conveniently want to ignore and take this there

cyberman

You were telling me he joined Juve for the money? If 500k is a step up from Juve then what was he earning at Madrid? Youre all over the place

Red_toad

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
You were telling me he joined Juve for the money? If 500k is a step up from Juve then what was he earning at Madrid? Youre all over the place
Are you being serious? Ronaldo left Madrid because of money. Flo Perez did not want to pay Ronaldo what he wanted so he went to Juve.

https://salarysport.com/football/player/cristiano-ronaldo/

but that’s enough, I was simply having fun about Ronaldo, carry on as this is the psg topic, didn’t think this would get derailed the way it did.

cyberman

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
"That's for another thread"

Proceeds to derail the thread.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
1-0 down against Lyon.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Gutted, I love a good uber rich oil money club doing well story. Would be such a shame if they lost.

Gonçalo Motta

Imagine that your offensive lineup is - Di Maria - Messi - Neymar and Mbappé and you struggle to score goals in the French league.

I honestly don't get it

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Neymar earns a penalty by dragging his defender on top of him.