PSG and Leipzig - We’ll never get out of the group!

Dominos

RB win all the way. PSG will be deflated and they'll need to score at least two and win at OT next week. We'll slice them open on the counter. RB will be qualified by the time we face them so worst case we'd need a point against a less motivated opponent.

Qualify first, worry about top position later.
Very good points.

Shame Leipzig win is the least likely result in their game tonight, looks like it would favour us massively if they can pull it off.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
This is bound to go down to a showdown with Leipzig but I suppose we're in a better situation at this stage than expected.

VivaRonaldo85

This has got the last match day at Leipzig all over it with us needing a point to qualify. Just got that feeling.

Riz

Agree with the above. Think PSG will beat us and it’ll all come down to the Leipzig game.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
So just a single draw gets us through. Even just a 0-1 loss next week, secures the head-to-head tiebreaker over PSG, which might be handy in the final standings to top the group.

Edit: Yeah, I’m wrong. Post edited.

Last edited:

Riz

So just a single draw, or even just a 0-1 loss next week, gets us through. Those results would see us secure a dominant head-to-head position over the relative opposition.
Don’t think a 0-1 loss helps us, PSG won’t lose to Instanbul.

PoTMS

So just a single draw, or even just a 0-1 loss next week, gets us through. Those results would see us secure a dominant head-to-head position over the relative opposition.
No it wouldn't. If PSG and Leipzig win both their games, we are out.

Siorac

A 0-1 loss doesn't get us through. It puts us ahead in head-to-head, sure, but if PSG better our result on the final day, they'll still finish ahead of us.

Dominos

I'm very worried about the PSG game next week - Tuanzebe suspended if I heard right, Shaw injured - that's 2 of our quick players who can defend the channels well in a back 3. Lindelof also gone off injured as well as AWB. Mctominay and Bailly not involved tonight so not sure when we'll see them again.

Siorac

I'm very worried about the PSG game next week - Tuanzebe suspended if I heard right, Shaw injured - that's 2 of our quick players who can defend the channels well in a back 3. Lindelof also gone off injured as well as AWB. Mctominay and Bailly not involved tonight so not sure when we'll see them again.
The stage is all set for the triumphant return of Phil Jones.

Red00012

Chill pal :lol:

Bwuk

Can’t say I’m overly worried about PSG. Obviously they have a superb attack, but their midfield and defence isn’t anything special.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s not over until it’s over. But a draw against PSG is enough.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If we draw or win vs PSG then it will be them who go out as I can't see us winning in Germany if we are already through. It would then be us and Leipzig who go through.

Dominos

If Istanbul can do us a favour and beat Leipzig next week then I believe we're pretty much through even if we lose to PSG? It would mean Leipzig and Istanbul can get a max of 9 points and we have better head to head than Istanbul and have a 5-0 advantage over Leipzig.

I wouldn't bank on it because I think Istanbul may consider the group gone now and not bother with the last 2 games, it depends how much they want that 3rd place spot for europa. They're certainly not the worst team and could potentially cause on upset if they're on their game.

Dominos

If we draw or win vs PSG then it will be them who go out as I can't see us winning in Germany if we are already through. It would then be us and Leipzig who go through.
I think playing with no pressure might suit us to be honest, I think Ole would still put out a respectable line up if we're already through as he'll want top spot.

Dominos

Can’t say I’m overly worried about PSG. Obviously they have a superb attack, but their midfield and defence isn’t anything special.
Palace, Spurs, Arsenal, Brighton, Istanbul, West Brom have all either beat us, outplayed us or ran us very close this season but PSG aren't a worry because they're not anything special.

TommiHelm

Don't worry guys. Here's what's gonna happen. Istanbul to win 2, and we lose both. All teams on 9 points, but we'd be extremely likely to win the group on goal difference. Easy.