PSG and Leipzig - We’ll never get out of the group!

Okey

I'm not that worried to be honest. PSG will come here wanting a result. They're only really scary upfront. Midfield without Veratti and their defence aren't that great in my opinion. Our attack can do devastating damage when they click against a team that leaves spaces. And PSG will leave plenty. I believe we qualify next week.

TheGame

The loss away to Istanbul was disspointing but before it all started if someone said we would only need a point to qualify before the last two games, think everyone would have bitten their hand off.

giggslover

Think Pogba HAS to play against PSG...he'll want to show his best against top competition.

Plus No Way he trusts Pogba in a must win game against Leipzig....

Dominos

PSG are awfull at the moment. They were outplayed yesterday and were parking the bus all the second half.

All the french experts are terrified at the idea of playing us in 7 days after what they saw yesterday. Their front 2 are in a bad form. Mbappe cannot even play more then 45minutes.

Leipzig will be open as feck so it will play in our end.

So it is really ours to feck up I think.

Saha was on french television last night. When he spoke, he said "us" about United :drool: ... And he was all surrunded by PSG lovers...

Tuchel was very defensive in the interview as well, there is something very wrong about PSG at the moment. Tuchel is at the edge of the sack.
Feel bad for Tuchel but reading your post makes me feel better, surely the stage is set for us to put the final nail in the coffin and get him the sack?

Dominos

So Istanbul-Leipzig play 2 hours before us on Wednesday. I've not ruled out the possibility Istanbul pull one out the bag for us and get a win. I'm not sure how motivated they are given it looks unlikely they will qualify - however if they did manage to win their last 2 games they can still potentially qualify and I assume they'd rather finish 3rd and get EL, so from that perspective they should still be up for it.

If Istanbul win it near enough guarantees our qualification unless Leipzig managed to beat us by 6 goals in the final game I believe? The annoying thing about this scenario is we'd still probably end up putting our strongest team in the final game just to ensure we don't get thrashed, so we wouldn't have the opportunity to rest players. For this reason we'll still need a point against PSG to give us some freedom to rotate in the final game.

Redfrog

Feel bad for Tuchel but reading your post makes me feel better, surely the stage is set for us to put the final nail in the coffin and get him the sack?
I don't think Tuchel did a good job. He doesn't know his best team or formation and doesn't have the ball to drop Neymar or Mbappe when they are terrible. That is the problem when players are bigger then the club... But appart from them and Verratti, their team is very ordinary...

If it can make you feel better, they were really bad this weekend too. A friend who supports them really doesn't know how they can win on wednesday, and he is always very optimistic !

I just hope, we will not get punished now I am saying this !

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
We're never going to beat PSG and RB, may as well accept our fate now.

Foxbatt

We need to get a point tomorrow. Anything can still happen.

SSSSnake

I think PSG will play into our hands knowing they have to get a win. Happy for us to sit back and get them on the counter. Really looking forward to this match!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We need to get a point tomorrow. Anything can still happen.
Getting the first goal would help our cause a massive deal. Would mean PSG having to over commit for the rest of the game, massively increasing our odds of getting a 2nd on the counter to defo get the point we need.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
PSG are awfull at the moment. They were outplayed yesterday and were parking the bus all the second half.

All the french experts are terrified at the idea of playing us in 7 days after what they saw yesterday. Their front 2 are in a bad form. Mbappe cannot even play more then 45minutes.

Leipzig will be open as feck so it will play in our end.

So it is really ours to feck up I think.

Saha was on french television last night. When he spoke, he said "us" about United :drool: ... And he was all surrunded by PSG lovers...

Tuchel was very defensive in the interview as well, there is something very wrong about PSG at the moment. Tuchel is at the edge of the sack.
Why can't he play more than 45 mins, that seems odd?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Its so funny when you go on rival team forums and they rate us higher than we rate ourselves

drmuji

Getting the first goal would help our cause a massive deal. Would mean PSG having to over commit for the rest of the game, massively increasing our odds of getting a 2nd on the counter to defo get the point we need.
I really think that we will be playing on the counter through out the game and let them have the ball. No way, Ole is going attack attack.
One thing is for certain. They will give us chances. Its upto us whether we take advantage of them or not.
I seriously think that they will score but we will also score unless someone upfront has a nightmare for us

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I think PSG will play into our hands knowing they have to get a win. Happy for us to sit back and get them on the counter. Really looking forward to this match!
Watch out for the moaners complain about our tumescent footballing style in the matchday thread then.

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Its so funny when you go on rival team forums and they rate us higher than we rate ourselves
Brighton and Potter seem to be rated far higher here than on North Stand Chat! I think it's quite normal, fans are the ultimate pessimists, they focus and dwell on all the mistakes and near misses and see only the good moments from other teams.

Andersons Dietician

Busy sharpening my pitchfork, hopefully we can pull a draw out from this and qualify tonight because I really don’t fancy going to Germany needing something. The OP totally cursed us.

PoTMS

We've made it tough for ourselves. If we lose to Leipzig, I think that should be curtains for Ole. This game is entirely on him. His decision to keep Martial and Fred on the pitch was utter lunacy.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Imagine another year of Europa League football.

DRM

Ah feck me I can't stand Europa FFS can we just forfeit our place??

cyberman

Upamacamo (sp) suspended and played like shit earlier on.
If we play like tonight, we win but we might not even play like this anyway.

Godfather

We've made it tough for ourselves. If we lose to Leipzig, I think that should be curtains for Ole. This game is entirely on him. His decision to keep Martial and Fred on the pitch was utter lunacy.
This

thesheriffjw

Not looking good now.

Martial, again missing gilt edge chances. Top strikers get a sniff and score. Martial is NOT a top striker.

OGS also to blame for shambolic ingame management. Shocking

U99ted

We've bottled topping the group now, as PSG have the better head to head record. Now we have to avoid defeat against Leipzig to even go through.

hobbers

Throwing it away.

Ole's United are the biggest bottlers around.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Lost the H2H on PSG now, so a win in Leipzig only gets us 2nd if PSG do the business.