PSG and Leipzig - We’ll never get out of the group!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Where are you now then?

Naglesmann will run rings around the PE teacher.

Last edited:

Dominos

We are in such a good position now.

We have our 2 easiest games on paper against Istanbul in gameweek 3 and 4 - if we can get 2 wins here we've got 12 points and it will be almost impossible for us to not qualify with 12. Head to head rule means Leipzig can't finish above us in the scenario where 3 teams finish with 12 points (unless they somehow beat us by 5+ also).

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Still early days, but it would be massively disappointing to not get out of the group at this point. Really want us to win the next two and make the last two all but pointless.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We're in a great position but need to win in Turkey next time out before we get too complacent. If we can get 3 wins our of 3 with the Turkish side at OT in the 4th game then what a chance to wrap up qualification

el3mel

These 2 matches really showed we belong to this level of football on our day. We're top class team. Our squad is top class and it's really time for us to start challenging for bring prizes again. I'll be really disappointed if we didn't challenge for the league or made a proper CL run within the next 2-3 years. We're up to it.

We just need now to be more consistent and put such performances week in week out in every competition. Rebuilding of the squad is nearly done for me. We don't need much anymore. It's now time to take it to next step and become a consistent team and challenge for big things.

Ekeke

Done fantastic to get in this position. Cant fault it. Now lets see how we do until the group stages and how well we do there..

dbs235

Minimum 4 points from Istanbul and let PSG and Leipzig take points off eachother.

RedMist99

I remember seeing a qualifying prediction of 50% for us in this group before a ball was kicked. Don't know how they arrived at that figure but would like to know that has changed after the PSG and Leipzig results.

Foxbatt

it is too early to crow. We still have got touch matches to come. All are tough matches. We still have to win in Turkey and hope we get results in home against PSG and the other results go our way too.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole is the type of guy to finish 8th in the league and end the season with a Champions League winners medal.

We are very good on the counter though in all seriousness. We could easily go far in the CL this year. Playing attacking teams suits us. Just hope we avoid Atletico in the knockouts!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I still can't get over the outcry from some fans after the draw

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Right now, Leipzig or PSG are favorites to NOT got through to the playoffs. Last seasons Semi finalist and finalist.

Now that is an upset

Nick7

I did not think we would come away with 6 points from those matches. We’ve been excellent overall so far in the matches. We just need to not trip up against Instanbul

CM10

We've done really well in both matches, good to see. You'd think we should top the group if we take 6 points from the two games against Istanbul.

eltigreFalcao

These 2 matches really showed we belong to this level of football on our day. We're top class team. Our squad is top class and it's really time for us to start challenging for bring prizes again. I'll be really disappointed if we didn't challenge for the league or made a proper CL run within the next 2-3 years. We're up to it.

We just need now to be more consistent and put such performances week in week out in every competition. Rebuilding of the squad is nearly done for me. We don't need much anymore. It's now time to take it to next step and become a consistent team and challenge for big things.
Good point there. Not that rebuilding is over, absolutely, although late investment in youth is a huge deal in that regards, but now is time to focus on current squad and what's the best possible way to get the best out of it. Which was demonstrated today with the tactics, those were spot on

Withnail

We're in a great position but need to win in Turkey next time out before we get too complacent. If we can get 3 wins our of 3 with the Turkish side at OT in the 4th game then what a chance to wrap up qualification
It'd be fantastic to have it wrapped up early and not need to worry about the last two games.

The season's going to be a grueller.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Leipzig were overrated. They lost Werner who was a big player for them.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
We are yet to play two games against Basaksehir, who can park the bus. And I read on here we can't handle teams who park the bus against us.

cyril C

Exactly, why would people be so complacent after 2 wins. Does Everton celebrate winning EPL now? We need 4 more points before we can afford to sit back and relax.

Ainu

Exactly, why would people be so complacent after 2 wins. Does Everton celebrate winning EPL now? We need 4 more points before we can afford to sit back and relax.
Why do people say things like this? It really doesn't matter if we, as fans, are complacent. It has zero impact on the proceedings.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
We are in such a good position now.

We have our 2 easiest games on paper against Istanbul in gameweek 3 and 4 - if we can get 2 wins here we've got 12 points and it will be almost impossible for us to not qualify with 12. Head to head rule means Leipzig can't finish above us in the scenario where 3 teams finish with 12 points (unless they somehow beat us by 5+ also).
Leipzig COULD finish above us.

In a three way for, all 4 matches between the teams get looked at.

So we are +1 Vs PSG
+5 Vs RB Leipzig+6 total
PSG -1
Leipzig -5
Let's say Leipzig beat PSG 3-0 then lose 1-0
That puts both on -3
Two 3-0 losses puts the whole.group.on 0 GD

Unlikely but it could happen

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Why do people say things like this? It really doesn't matter if we, as fans, are complacent. It has zero impact on the proceedings.
Especially when fans can’t even get into stadiums. Totally nonsensical

Varun

Staff
It's highly unlikely Ole & Co will read this thread on Redcafe.net and become complacent. As far as posters here are concerned, sit back and relax or do the the polar opposite, means feckall.

Tony Babangida

I personally have the same mentality as Roy Keane and make sure I don’t enjoy any moment of our successes so that I don’t get complacent.

I dont know why everybody was so negative about that draw. Our own inconsistency aside, PSG are an average side who fluked their first final last year, and RB Leipzig have been around for all of 5 minutes. People were making out like we were in a group with 2009 Barcelona and Sacchi's Milan side.

Swivel Hips

In the past we have been in so called easy groups, got enough points to qualify with a couple of games to spare, and then went and played second string players in final two games and then finished second in group, subsequently have a tougher game in the first knockout games.

Dominos

Leipzig COULD finish above us.

In a three way for, all 4 matches between the teams get looked at.

So we are +1 Vs PSG
+5 Vs RB Leipzig+6 total
PSG -1
Leipzig -5
Let's say Leipzig beat PSG 3-0 then lose 1-0
That puts both on -3
Two 3-0 losses puts the whole.group.on 0 GD

Unlikely but it could happen
I'm not sure I understand.

edit: so if head to heads are PSG>United, United>Leipzig, Leipzig>PSG then it gets a bit weird you're right. Still as you say, unlikely. I just hope we can go into the last 2 games already having it sewn up, I suppose we want PSG-Leipzig to draw twice in their games.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm not sure I understand.

It's head to head before goal difference.

For Leipzig to finish above us on the same number of points they'd have to beat us by 5 or more in the return game surely?
In a 3 way tie, it goes to the three-way head to head results.