PSG and Mbappe go into meltdown thread

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
we're the heavy favorites, so you're going to have media trying to destabilize us with these stories and enhancing their impact.
You're favourites but I wouldn't say heavy favourites after a glance at the odds. Both Belgium and bizarrely England are right behind you.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
You're favourites but I wouldn't say heavy favourites after a glance at the odds. Both Belgium and bizarrely England are right behind you.
Odds are one thing, media narrative is a whole other, and I follow medias from different countries, they're all saying the exact same thing, France has to win this. Which is really unfair, because I can't remember the last time such a heavy favorite by the media actually ever won the tournament they're favored in. If you win it, you were supposed to and if you don't, it's considered an embarrassment. It is what it is.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He is 22, so he if leaves in 2022 this is not the end of the world.

PSG won't let him leave this summer and are ready to take any risks.
Then he may as well leave on a free next year to guarantee his exit? With probably the biggest signing on bonus football has ever seen? Your scenario doesn't make much financial or footballing sense to Mbappe, unless PSG offer him a huge signing bonus themselves along with a "low" release clause?

Utd7

Always thought objectively if he aspires to play for Madrid, go now. He will be compared to Ronaldo the moment he puts on a white, number 7 jersey. Ronaldo has the records. The sooner he goes, the better he has a chance to potentially match those accomplishments or maybe even eclipse. Because he surely won’t score at the same rate of clip Ronaldo did banging in 45 goals a season.

cpresc

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I really have no idea why Utd fans aren't all over these muppet dream of a signing.

Mbappe is without a doubt one of only a very small number of players who can get us a little bit closer to City.

He has 1 year left on his contract and we can offer wages as high as anyone else

City are busy with Grealish and Kane.

Real and Barcelona are utterly broke.

This is our best chance to strike and get ourselves a worldie

Nick7

I really have no idea why Utd fans aren't all over these muppet dream of a signing.

Mbappe is without a doubt one of only a very small number of players who can get us a little bit closer to City.

He has 1 year left on his contract and we can offer wages as high as anyone else

What would our fans being “all over it” do?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Sorry to burst your bubble. He is staying at PSG or moving to Real.
And Real is anything but „utterly broke“.

cpresc

He wants to play for real Madrid.
And yet there are continually stories about him and Liverpool - whom surely we can compete with.

What would our fans being “all over it” do?
Very little of course. But it's surprising this topic isn't hovering near the top regularly IMO.

Sorry to burst your bubble. He is staying at PSG or moving to Real.
And Real is anything but „utterly broke“.
Real need to do a complete rebuild for an aging team - relative to their ambitions, they are surely broke right now. If not, why is Varane leaving for 400k elsewhere?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

And we are busy wIth Sancho too.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Real will clear out a few players this summer, freeing up some wages. Hope for a bounce back from COVID next year. Bale and his 650k a week will be off the books next summer. Cue Mbappe.

RoyH1

Meh article. It quotes goddamn Sport, you know the Catalan sports daily that’s affiliated with Barsa for its figures on Madrid. No wonder the English speaking fandom is so poorly informed on the state of things in Spanish football.
Madrid’s debt is perfectly manageable. 700 mill of it is their stadium refurbish which they’re paying off with a 30 year low interest loan. Their yearly payment will be of around 29 million euros. That’s perfectly manageable for a club their size.

They’re not broke and will get at least one of Haaland or Mbappe over the next couple of years. If the latter resigns with PSG, they’ll be all over the former.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I think he'll sign a new deal. The game is becoming more and more about the Champions League and at PSG he is going to have a shot at it every year. PSG are likely to be stronger than Madrid for the foreseeable and they can match and then some any salary too.

To be honest winning a league title with Madrid, Barca, Juve or Bayern is really not that much above winning one with PSG. All about the Champions League increasingly.

Raredaredevil

I think he'll sign a new deal. The game is becoming more and more about the Champions League and at PSG he is going to have a shot at it every year. PSG are likely to be stronger than Madrid for the foreseeable and they can match and then some any salary too.

To be honest winning a league title with Madrid, Barca, Juve or Bayern is really not that much above winning one with PSG. All about the Champions League increasingly.
He is still young so plenty of time but you've seen how the global impact and media coverage that generated Cavani and Zlatan. Just isn't the same over in France. Not saying it is necessarily a much weaker league but for his personal brand and appeal, him moving to England or Spain would be so much better for his career.

SinNombre

He is a very good player but hasn’t improved in the last 3 years, though his hype has gone up a lot since.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Summed up his performance today. Awful.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Imagine the state of this forum if Rashford just had had that last two-and-a-half hours.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He’s just overhyped. Still very good of course.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It seems his success got to him since he has looked and played like an egoistic and spoiled kid for the last two years. No real progression in his game.
Every club would obviously still take him in a heartbeat and rightfully so.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Needs more time with his mutant rat master.

iKnowNothing

Some Tier-1 reporter for Madrid said Mbappe wants to play for Madrid. Sounds like there’s no way Mbappe will renew at PSG and might just leave for free next year. There’s lot of meltdown from PSG fans over on Reddit.

Theo88

He needs a new challenge. What about teaming up with Varane, Sancho and Pogbs ?