Schalke 04
Roma
Ajax
Manchester United
Lyon

Last edited:

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
Honestly, it's hard to see United beating any of those.

Schalke would probably be the least tricky tie.

PoTMS

On the premise we'll finish second, I'd want to draw Porto, Bayern, R. Madrid in that order. I can only see us getting favourites against Porto and even then, there's the chance of it being another Sevilla. Nightmare draws are Barca, PSG or Dortmund whose forward lines against the United team would lead to a spanking.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
On the premise we'll finish second, I'd want to draw Porto, Bayern, R. Madrid in that order. I can only see us getting favourites against Porto and even then, there's the chance of it being another Sevilla. Nightmare draws are Barca, PSG or Dortmund whose forward lines against the United team would lead to a spanking.
Balls to that, the only good thing about the UCL for the last two years has been the games with Juve, so bring on a Barca, PSG or Bayern and let's have some big games rather than go out in a whimper to a Porto

Mick321

We have to pray we draw Porto, anyone else and we'll be out even if Barca, Real, Bayern etc don't look great right now.

Pagh Wraith

Schalke are definitely the odd one out. The somehow fluked 2nd place in the Bundesliga last season but don't be fooled. There are terrible.

Last edited:

Eire Red United

Hopefully Jose can work a bit of cup competition magic with the lads. I’d love a go at Barca. Whoever we face we’ll be massive underdogs bar Porto.

Rajma

With Jose in charge it’s almost pointless getting excited about the draw as we stand no chance against all of those teams with him at the helm.

el3mel

Since we're shite in the league I think we'll do well in this competition, Moyes esque and all.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
After the Sevilla debacle I couldn't care less who we get with the clown we have in charge. We'd probably lose to Porto so might as well just have a go at a big hitter.

On second thought I hope we get Porto so Liverpool can't get them. Hope the dippers draw Barca or Juventus. First game at Anfield with VVD suspended would be nice.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
We'd probably lose to Porto so might as well just have a go at a big hitter.
Mourinho would dress it up as a favour to his former club.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
You have to remember that Porto has much more football heritage than Man Utd, a win for Jose‘s squad would be a huge upset

Meep

I'll take anyone. It's so hard to say beforehand on what will be a good fit. It shouldn't matter in the end, it is all about winning every game. Let's go!

BestCanton7

Don't think it really matters who they get drawn against. Will be a quick exit.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Seeded:
Borussia Dortmund
Barcelona
PSG
FC Porto
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Juventus
Manchester City

Unseeded:
Atletico Madrid
Tottenham
Liverpool
Schalke 04
Roma
Ajax
Manchester United
Lyon

Enigma_87

You know who
If we don't draw Porto we'd be out based on our outings this season.

saivet

Are Porto better than Sevilla last season? Sure football heritage will have us knocked out against anyone.

saivet

Porto, Schalke and United (pains me to say) aside those crop of teams look good. Should be some interesting ties.

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Balls to that, the only good thing about the UCL for the last two years has been the games with Juve, so bring on a Barca, PSG or Bayern and let's have some big games rather than go out in a whimper to a Porto
This.
It's the CL ffs. Give us the best to play against.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Would prefer Porto and least prefer Juve. Other than that I don't mind who Spurs get too much.

Moiraine

I got an idea, whoever gets drawn against United, double ticket prices for their fans and make our home game hell again.
We don't stand a chance really whoever we draw.

devil in me

Normally i hope for the weakest team, but i think we are going out whatever happens, so hoping for a Barca or Bayern, just for the sake of a big game.

bondsname

I want a top, top, top team, like Barcelona, PSG, Bayern och Real. I'd rather meet a top team before we are elimnated from the competition.

Mick321

Porto the only one we have a chance against and that's probably 50/50 as we'd treat them as a better version of Barcelona, lose 1-0 or draw 0-0 out there then we'd be screwed when they score at OT. Or the reverse as we'll be home first.

Moiraine

Porto the only one we have a chance against and that's probably 50/50 as we'd treat them as a better version of Barcelona, lose 1-0 or draw 0-0 out there then we'd be screwed when they score at OT. Or the reverse as we'll be home first.
No chance, They scored 15 goals in Group Stage and finished with 16 points. Unbeaten.
Stop dreaming...

Minimalist

We're getting pumped in this next round. :lol:

Maybe we'll get Barcelona and I can actually enjoy Messi dicking all over for once.