PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I feel the opposite. I predicted 3-1 to PSG. I'm dreaded and excited at the same time.
I actually think 2-0 to United which gives them a good lead to play on the counter to in the second leg.

Plus PSG just dont scare me. Lots of money but they dont know what it is to play or win these games. Overall small club.

Shark

@NotShark
I'm predicting 2-0 Utd with at least one unusual goal scorer (One of the defenders or Matic) and all the headlines in the morning to be about De Gea...... again.
De Dea is well overdue a big performance in Europe.

Siorac

I feel the opposite. I predicted 3-1 to PSG. I'm dreaded and excited at the same time.
I'm terrified that after all the excitement of the past few weeks, this will be like a cold, sobering shower.

But I think it's understandable that some of us are very much afraid of false dawns.

RedDevil5

This has to be a win IMO. They are missing Cavani, Neymar, and Meurnier, and Veratti is not 100%. Yes, they still have Di Maria and Mbappe, but their midfield is weaker than ours and their defense is solid but not amazing.

It's going to come down to how well Shaw and Young do. They have to contain the pace on the wings. Draxler and Di Maria will be out there all the time, and Mbappe will likely drift outside some as well at times. They need to play their match of the year. I think we can score one or two. The difference will be if we can hold them to zero or one goal scored. If we can, we win the tie barring an utter collapse in Paris. If we can't, we're out.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
2-1. PSG sit back and score on a counter. The away goal makes the next match vary scary though. The second match we sit back and score on the counter and go through 3-1. :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm terrified that after all the excitement of the past few weeks, this will be like a cold, sobering shower.

But I think it's understandable that some of us are very much afraid of false dawns.
No matter what happens today, and the next couple of weeks, I feel like progress has been made.

Only after this period and the response after will we truly know where we stand. As weird as it sounds a bit of a setback will be good to know if Ole can turn it around straight away.

Under Fergie we had ups and downs, but the ups always came as an immediate response to a bad result.

Alemar

Would be good to win by a 3 or 4 goal margin today, to feel more comfortable before the second leg. Totally possible with the PSG squad that was “leaked”

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Would be good to win by a 3 or 4 goal margin today, to feel more comfortable before the second leg. Totally possible with the PSG squad that was “leaked”
I really think people are getting ahead of themselves. Ffs, we are not beating them with 3 or 4 goals.

I'm not going to downplay PSG tonight even with the talented figures missing.
Think we'll play on the emotion of the occasion while PSG will be more savvy.

Camilo

I'd expect PSG to win today. We've been on an excellent run but this is different level, and a level we haven't been near in years.

Looking forward to it. Their injury problems give us a chance.

dove

I really think people are getting ahead of themselves. Ffs, we are not beating them with 3 or 4 goals.
Yeah it's weird, as if we are playing Huddersfield :lol: I don't think we will even keep a clean sheet as I don't even remember the last time we did it at OT.

Siorac

Even in our recent run of great form, the only team we beat by 4 goals is fecking Cardiff. PSG are slightly better than them.

As I said, any win will do. A 2-0 is pretty much the dream.

Siorac

I'd expect PSG to win today. We've been on an excellent run but this is different level, and a level we haven't been near in years.

Looking forward to it. Their injury problems give us a chance.
Technically, we played at this level last season.

We got humiliated in our own backyard, of course, so it's perhaps not the greatest point I've ever made but still.

If they can get a grip on Pogba that'll be about 80% of their job done.
Stop Pogba playing and you're pretty much stopping the likes of Martial and Rashford having a bigger influence.

Andersons Dietician

I am pumped for this, Two for Tuesday ordered, beers chilling, house cleaned hoping the shoddy PSG I saw over the last 2 games shows up and they have “nipple” in goal instead of Buffon but alas I think CL is where they turn up and the last few games I watched was just them going through the motions because they looked dire, like worse than championship dire.

Andersons Dietician

I can see Young or Herrera giving DiMaria a proper welcome back to Manchester within about 5 minutes of the game starting.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can see Young or Herrera giving DiMaria a proper welcome back to Manchester within about 5 minutes of the game starting.

Definitely Young. Herrera is more likely to pull his hair or stand on his toe.

Eric's Seagull

King Eric has confidence in us and I found this quote from him quite amusing that I read earlier "The Mancunians tonight, they will eat the Parisians, like I eat frogs".

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Argh!!!!

We can do this!

11/4 3/1 both teams to score and United to win will do nicely for me. Fergie would have packed the midfield and kept it tight and tried to pick them off by a goal or 2 at home. I wonder will ole be trying to kill the tie in the first leg? With their injuries that looks like it might be the smart play. We could easily get beaten by 2 goals away from home if they click and their best players are back...

deadrevelz

I hope the players aren't as cocky as posters on here. Many people now see us as favourites against a great side which hasn't happened yet under Ole. PSG will be better than a lot seem to think and will probably use their tough situation to motivate them. There's a bit of an England - Croatia vibe about this... hope it doesn't backfire. Then again I am a pu**y when it comes to CL games.