PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

crossy1686

career ending
I hope the players aren't as cocky as posters on here. Many people now see us as favourites against a great side which hasn't happened yet under Ole. PSG will be better than a lot seem to think and will probably use their tough situation to motivate them. There's a bit of an England - Croatia vibe about this... hope it doesn't backfire. Then again I am a pu**y when it comes to CL games.
What did Solskjaer say? You can't be over confident but you can be complacent. Don't think anyone here is taking them for granted.

deadrevelz

What did Solskjaer say? You can't be over confident but you can be complacent. Don't think anyone here is taking them for granted.
I trust Ole and the players to have the right mentality, my nerves just increase in correlation with the amount of "We'll smash them!" comments on here. Still, better than Jose's inevitable march towards death.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Really think we need to win this by a couple of goals to stand any chance in the second leg. Yes PSG are missing a few of their best but can't help thinking about how we struggled at home against "giants" like Brighton and Burnley. A weakened PSG is still considerably better than them. Players and support really have to get up for this one.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I have never seen PSG as one of the greats of Europe. Last year when they thumped Barca at home, I told people at work they would still go out. They have pretty much no competition in Ligue 1, which gives them a false sense of power. That said, we have fallen a long way from the European elite too in the past 8-10 years so I have no idea what the score will be tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't go through and the only positive from that would be to give the powers-that-the be a wake-up call for the summer transfer window. I guess if we play at our best, we can take some sort of lead to Paris for the second leg

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can't remember the last time I was really excited for a champions league match beyond the group stage.
It has the feeling of a big European night that we've lacked post Fergie, hopefully we make it one to remember.
We can definitely beat them but it will be difficult, even with their injuries.

Canagel

Really think we need to win this by a couple of goals to stand any chance in the second leg. Yes PSG are missing a few of their best but can't help thinking about how we struggled at home against "giants" like Brighton and Burnley. A weakened PSG is still considerably better than them. Players and support really have to get up for this one.
We will have chance in the 2nd leg with any result that's not heavy defeat. lost to Juventus 0-1 and won the second game if you recall. We will be very competitive in this match.

Sterling Archer

I can't hold my prematch buildup in any longer. Is this when I'm supposed to move over to the match day thread to release?

Chairman Steve

I’m hyped and excited for this tie. We’re not expected to win the competition so getting beyond PSG is a bonus in my opinion.

It’s not like last season when we were expected to get past Sevilla with well travelled, well experienced Jose Mourinho at the helm, who deemed not scoring an away goal in the first tie as ok astoundingly and basically told the fan base to accept mediocrity when we did go out.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Come on lads. Reckon we can get something from this. Annoyingly will be out with girlfriend's friend + boyfriend (he's also a United fan though). BBC sport updates will be my friend in the restaurant. RedCafe for the toilet breaks.

TheLord

It is one of the very few occasions where I have been thinking for real long, but can't decide during the buildup who's the favourite among the two!

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You got that mixed up? Ole said you can't be complacent but it's not a bad thing to be overconfident.

Edit: I can see you meant the same thing but the way it's worded is a bit ambiguous.

Siorac

Come on lads. Reckon we can get something from this. Annoyingly will be out with girlfriend's friend + boyfriend (he's also a United fan though). BBC sport updates will be my friend in the restaurant. RedCafe for the toilet breaks.
You're both United fans and couldn't get them to have this outing on another night? Shame on you.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
That's a shocker. Time for the 2 of you to step back and take a long hard look at your lives.

Red00012

Inexcusable.:nono:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
You're both United fans and couldn't get them to have this outing on another night? Shame on you.
I've only met him once before about a year ago, nice guy, but we don't speak regularly. His girlfriend is like besties with mine, only over the last year or so due to work. I live 200 miles away due to my job.

Now you see why this has occurred - the girls organised it.

Edit: @Still ill , @Red00012, @RooneyLegend

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Pathetic stuff this.

crossy1686

career ending
I got married in Sweden to a Swede during the World Cup, and I had England on in the background, and this is way more important that a shitty England game. I hope this is such a massacre they delete all the highlights so you can never see it again...

RooneyLegend

I'm quite worried about this game. Really don't want Ole suffering any results that might mean someone else taking over the reigns.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Anyone have an idea how This team will line uo6

------------------- Buffon
----- Kehrer-----Thiago Silva---- Kimpembe
Dani Alves-----Marquinhos----Verratti------Bernat
----------- Di Maria-------------- Draxler
--------------------- Kylian

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This doesn't sound right. You're two against one.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Corrupt your girfriend, watch the game with her and offer her some gifts depending the outcome of the game.

Andersons Dietician

I can’t remember the last time I was as excited for a game as I am now, maybe back in the Fergie days, but can’t wait.