Qanon

decorativeed

I basically agree but who is the equivalent of the jews to QAnon believers? Goes without saying they’re terrible terrible people but they do seem to lack the racism/anti-semitism/xenophobia of your common or garden fascists. Although I’ve possibly missed something obvious here...
It's more ideological. They hate the 'dangerous', 'radical left', anti-facist liberals.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
The scary thing is, it's spreading to the rest of the world. Only today a female LGBT activist was attacked by right wing protesters in Dublin. "Pedo scum off our streets" they chanted, and whacked some counter protesters with Irish flags and placards.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I basically agree but who is the equivalent of the jews to QAnon believers? Goes without saying they’re terrible terrible people but they do seem to lack the racism/anti-semitism/xenophobia of your common or garden fascists. Although I’ve possibly missed something obvious here...
Simple! The answer is... still Jews. Sorry, I meant globalists. Soros and his minions. Ultimately it doesn't matter if their targets are actually Jews or not, in the end they are still seen as representing the interests of the (((globalists))).

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
The scary thing is, it's spreading to the rest of the world. Only today a female LGBT activist was attacked by right wing protesters in Dublin. "Pedo scum off our streets" they chanted, and whacked some counter protesters with Irish flags and placards.
Same in Germany, where Qanon references can be seen at demonstrations against Corona restrictions. I can't say to which extent, but the general conspiracy mania there (and in related social media bubbles) won't be the worst environment for this stuff to spread.

Last edited:

WPMUFC

no joke, there is a possibility that some may see a trump loss as "the end of god's plan" and pull a jim jones on their families. The hard-hardcore Qanon genuinely believe this is all apart of some divine plan. I think there is also a chance of a wave of terror attacks across the country.
see, i told ya this is how they think. If Trump loses that first pair of lunatics are actually fantasizing about murder-suiciding their family. And it is so open, that they tell a fecking reporter that is their plan

Trump losing will see a wave of suicides and terrorist attacks on democrats. Right-wing terror is about to explode.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Just found out there's a group of these crazies here in Portugal. I saw a clip of some of them talking on some gathering of about 40 people.

One of them made a connection between euthanasia being legalized in Portugal in February and covid exploding in March. Apparently the portuguese government got order from the global overlords to legalize it before covid so we can just kill old folks legally during the pandemic.

And there's a secret facility somewhere in northern scandinavia run by pedophiles where they storage kids to be killed when the overlords need their blood to prolong their lives.

Even the far-right racist/homophobic/fascist party avoided this lot. If I didn't follow international politics I'd have assumed that was some theater group performing some absurd comedy sketch live.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Today, I had my first brush in the flesh with what I can only describe as the British equivalent of a QAnon-er.

The guy had been watching the news in the work canteen and came outside to express his ire at the govt taking away his liberties in the form of Covid marshals.

He rambled on about "if I had turned up to work this time last year in a Spider-man costume and a mask people would have wondered what the feck I was doing."

Not sure what he meant by this.

He then explained how it was all a hoax in the same way that 9/11 was a hoax that had nothing to do with al-Qaeda, and how Princess Diana's death was a hoax perpetuated by the royal family. (Wasn't sure if he meant that they killed her or that she wasn't actually dead.)

The worst part about all this is that the guy is 38, had cancer when he was very young and needed surgery for heart failure around 10 years ago, so he's likely at the very least medium risk.

Anyway, it was utterly depressing to see him ranting on while the other guy we were with calmly nodded along, agreeing with pretty much everything he said.

The last thing I heard him say was "Did you hear about that pizzagate?" Scary times.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I never meet any of these people in real life. Not sure whether Im happy or sad about it. One of my mates seems to be sort of slipping into mild conspiracies, but we mock him so relentlessly that he will either radicalise and burn us at the stake soon or just relent.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2020/9/...cy-theories-qanon-covid-george-soros-politics

This is really good. Actually makes me mad that mmafighting never goes into that stuff. Amazing how many mma fighters believe in such things.

I'd say that fighters are different from most human beings, for good and for bad reasons. They have more work rate, more determination, can handle more difficult stuff, often come back from impossible situations in fights they are losing...

but since they spend every day in that ''tough guy'' environnment, they can't see the world quite like ''normal'' people (in the day-to day working in the streets sense)

Surprised Luke Thomas wasn't included :lol:
Didn’t know it was so rife amongst MMA fighters...

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Had a middle aged colleague forward me a facebook post claiming a rapist called Anthony Charles Lynton Blair changed his identity and became Tony Blair and blocked all investigations into Jimmy Saville.

They were not joking.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I saw an interesting video on the matter (for those who don’t have time, he speaks about Qanon in a part 2, that’s about 38 minutes in)

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sorry if I'm being thick, so are they claiming this actually happened? (If so: I guess the media are covering it up? Or are we seeing doubles?) Or are they describing his version of paradise?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Sorry if I'm being thick, so are they claiming this actually happened? (If so: I guess the media are covering it up? Or are we seeing doubles?) Or are they describing his version of paradise?
It looks like they are. Hillary's arrest was the subject of one of the very first Q posts too (in 2017 or 18), when she appeared in public they made their theory - she was bearing baggy pants that concealed an ankle monitor. So I am sure they will explain why you can occassionally see these dead people, probably body doubles.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It looks like they are. Hillary's arrest was the subject of one of the very first Q posts too (in 2017 or 18), when she appeared in public they made their theory - she was bearing baggy pants that concealed an ankle monitor. So I am sure they will explain why you can occassionally see these dead people, probably body doubles.
reptillians i tell you ... when david icke and qanon merge the (fake) truth will out

SirAF

Ageist
:lol: !

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just listened to a Reply All podcast about this. It's barmy that it's gotten so big and everyone talking about it will only make it worse.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Just listened to a Reply All podcast about this. It's barmy that it's gotten so big and everyone talking about it will only make it worse.
It got big without everyone talking about it, I'm not sure why it's a given that it will get bigger if everyone talks about it. It will get bigger if people talk positively about it, however, which is what Trump and other Republicans are doing.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I'm sure a few of them got themselves banned during the worst of the George Floyd protests. Every week there was someone new, like minions in a martial arts movie.
:lol: That's exactly what it was like.

There are definitely more though, showing glimpses, waiting for something to set them off like a bomb.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sigh. The insanity of it all. I did actually think they really thought all these people are actually dead or arrested, but somehow it just didn't compute in my mind so doubt crept in. Some of this conspiracy 'logic' is just too hard to wrap my mind around.
It got big without everyone talking about it, I'm not sure why it's a given that it will get bigger if everyone talks about it. It will get bigger if people talk positively about it, however, which is what Trump and other Republicans are doing.
Not sure what you can do, really. If you don't talk about it, the theory spreads through social media. If you talk about it positively, you're reinforcing it. And if you talk about it negatively, you're part of the problem. It's really very circular and insidious. That's of course exactly what conspiracy theories are all about (first rule to recognize them: completely unfalsifiable and irrefutable), but it's pretty disconcerting when it gets so big. Also, given how all-encompassing QAnon is while being completely out of touch with logic or reality (like that tweet in @sun_tzu's post shows), it's pretty concerning about the level of logic and reason that quite a lot of people apparently are (not) capable of...
:lol: That's exactly what it was like.

There are definitely more though, showing glimpses, waiting for something to set them off like a bomb.
You see glimpses of them elsewhere, like in the thread about Evra's conspiracy ramblings. I think most of them know what the Current Events forum is like so they stay out.

mu4c_20le

English pop band Right Said Fred has sparked backlash on social media after two of its members shared a photo of themselves attending an anti-lockdown protest in London.

Brothers Fred and Richard Fairbrass came under fire after they tweeted a picture from the protest on Saturday.

The pair shared a photo of protesters holding signs that read, "The pandemic is a lie" and "A hug a day keeps the COVID away." Another sign referenced far-right conspiracy theory QAnon and branded the WHO the "World Hoax Organisation."

When one followers called them out over the QAnon sign in the photo, they replied saying, "That's the foundation of free speech, allowing people to express themselves. It's irrelevant who we agree with or disagree with."

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainmen...ter-attending-anti-lockdown-protest-1.5123155

Cloud7

I'm sure a few of them got themselves banned during the worst of the George Floyd protests. Every week there was someone new, like minions in a martial arts movie.
The George Floyd thread really was something else. It was like they just couldn’t restrain themselves seeing that thread on the front page for so long. So many masks slipped off during that time.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I wonder how many Qanon believers are on the Caf but are keeping quiet.
It seems to start with the inevitable :

"So I heard that.."
"So guess what I read/heard.."

Followed by an awkward laugh or smirk adding ".. Crazy right?" as if to see if to see if their audience shows any indication they might agree with the ludicrous notion - until they find someone that does acknowledge it and down the spiral it goes.