Qanon

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Wait. You’re not part of the conspiracy?
@calodo2003 has it spot on.

Here is what she'd say to you

"Do you get paid by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, China or the DNC? We are all aware of the Psychotronic & DEW/5G weapons. Crimes Against Humanity! Reptilian Tech in human hands is enough to eject the human with the weapons off the planet. If you are shilling for the Georgia Guidestones. The Archon Manifesto. The Earth is for All "
Sigh.

Two more busy bodies who need killing.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Well feck, I guess everything I learned in my PhD program about genetics was a lie and part of a super long game of disinformation and control by Billy Gates. Damn it.
Free thinkers don't get bogged down in Dogma, Central or otherwise.

Tarrou

a mate of mine is into this shit (he's from Wales)

he blocked me on facebook after I told him he was being radicalised

in hindsight probably wasn't the best approach to take

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Got to love the updates from Qanon world from friends of friends on Facebook:

"I don't trust a group of Satanic Pedophiles who regularly attended Epstein Island to make health decisions for us when we have immune systems. There is a patent for COVID which means it was created as a Bioweapon for depopulation and it flopped. Do you also trust the Chinese Communist Party who wants to control America with the help of Globalist traitors? Are you aware of the 'Social Credit Score' they wanted to attach to an ID2020/Microneedle Tattoo with 5G to track your every move & punish you if they desire? Have you noticed the Autism problem in America? You have no idea what is in that vaccine. Anti-vaxxers are aware of the Evil plans of these Tyrannical Overlords. So... be careful when assuming people are ignorant. CNN is brainwashing the public for a virus that is basically the flu."

"I will never get a COVID vaccine because I think it is the biggest HOAX for control ever perpetrated on the Human Race. Also, Bill Gates is a Satanic Murderer from a family of Project Paperclip Eugenicists. It is an mRNA vaccine that permanently changes your DNA. Sounds crazy, but they want to remove the 'God Particle' from people. They want to play God and decide who lives and who dies. These people are sick and want humans as a food supply. We don't know what the vaccine will do to people in the future. They want Transhumanist (Half Human/Half Robots) connected to a Hive Mind AI. Originally, they wanted to give us ID2020 and connect us to a Huawei 5G grid. We would be a prison planet if that happened. Somehow their evil plan flopped so I wish you all the best. Anti-Vaxxers don't want to hear about the vaccinated because we don't believe the bullshit (and I was an RN for so long) & most of us hope Bill Gates drops dead or is publicly hung. I don't trust Doctors or the Medical Community since OBAMACARE. "
Random capitalization, are you friends with Donald?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I’m surprised entities like the Bilderberg’s, the CFR, & the Tri-Lateral Commission aren’t bandied about as enemies like Gates, Soros, the DNC, etc.

Are they just too old school, Boomer, & analog for the edgy Qanus crowd of today, too passé?
Whoa, Nelly!

That's too much information for these to comprehend. The Tri-Liberal Commission is way too deep a cut for YouTube's Free Thinkers.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Sounds a lot like one of my friends girlfriend. The last time I saw them, she went all in on the whole pedophile/satanic cabal of Hollywood and democrats.

She was also adamant that Trump would win as he’s the knight of the good side.

I’m seeing them for the first time in a while this week and I can’t wait to hear her thoughts on how Trump lost.
How do you deal with that in personal conversation? Smile and nod, and change the subject?

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
How do you deal with that in personal conversation? Smile and nod, and change the subject?
I don’t see them much and have only experienced it once, which was the last time I was there. I’m polite by nature and was so blind sided by her sudden “revelation” that all I did was ask a few critical questions. This time I’m prepared. I know she’s called another friend of our’s a sheep to his face because he didn’t agree with what she said, so I kind of hope she says that to me as well, as once she calls me names, I can say what I want to her, too.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I don’t see them much and have only experienced it once, which was the last time I was there. I’m polite by nature and was so blind sided by her sudden “revelation” that all I did was ask a few critical questions. This time I’m prepared. I know she’s called another friend of our’s a sheep to his face because he didn’t agree with what she said, so I kind of hope she says that to me as well, as once she calls me names, I can say what I want to her, too.
Good luck. Also, I am now totally with @calodo2003:
Livestream it.

kidbob

As the Qanus deficients are so wont to say...

do your own research.

He posted immediately after the election, no clue if he has since. Most probably though.
:lol: I thankfully would barely know where to look. It's very interesting though as I'm not sure if Q would stop after Trump lost. I mean the people that run Q do it for the monetary gain only in my opinion, they are swindlers but I guess if you have managed to find such a good devoted income source then why stop, especially if your customers are still so devoted to you. I don't for a second believe that the authors behind Q believe this shit. They may well be right wingers but for me it was initially a bit of a troll thing and then they realised that they could make money off it. Funnily enough not so different from the 'rigged election' money grift that Trump pulled. Hell maybe the Trump organisation is behind it so they can bleed more money from the supporters. Now there's a theory.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
If you watch the HBO doc or listen to the podcast I posted up top, it is likely that the "original Q" has not been posting for a while now. More likely it is the owner of 8chan who has taken over the account.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Oh I wouldn't say so, there's every chance he's quacked himself back into a coma - in which case he's not eating any meat.
So I'll have to read this just at the right time. Damn, Peterson is really influencing my life here.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Maybe they wer eon to something, they just got the party's backward.

Trequarista10

That's the guy/son of the guy who owns the site right? (8chan or whatever its called now instead). Remember reading it was him a year or so ago.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
How QAnon Is Tearing Families Apart
VICE News talked to dozens of people whose lives have been affected by QAnon and found that there is no such thing as a typical Q follower.

QAnon emerged from the toxic fever swamp of the 4chan message board in October 2017 when an anonymous user calling themself Q Clearance Patriot posted the first of almost 5,000 so-called "Q drops," which have become a sort of foundational text for the movement. The name QAnon came from a combination of Q and anon, which is what the anonymous posters on 4chan call themselves.

The central thesis of the conspiracy is that there is a group of elites running a cannibalistic, satanic, child sex-trafficking ring being facilitated by the “deep state” and that Trump is waging a secret war to expose it all, which will culminate in an event known as "the storm."

Over the years, as QAnon made its way from 4chan to 8chan and then to Reddit and other fringe sites before exploding onto mainstream platforms in 2020, the conspiracy morphed and expanded to include more-extreme conspiracies dreamed up by believers, rather than coming from Q directly.

These include the belief that John F. Kennedy Jr. is still alive and will return as Trump’s vice president, and the frazzledrip conspiracy, which falsely asserts that Hillary Clinton was caught on video raping and torturing a young girl before drinking her blood.

There is nothing new in QAnon. The core conspiracy it peddles is an anti-Semitic trope that dates to the Middle Ages and can be found in the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a pamphlet written by Russian propagandists in 1902 that claimed a group of Jews was plotting to take over the world. Central to this was the blood libel, the claim that these Jews were kidnapping Christian children to slaughter them, drain their blood, and mix it with the dough for matzos consumed on Passover. The pamphlet was used as a propaganda tool by everyone from Henry Ford to Adolf Hitler, and it’s been repackaged once again by QAnon.

Speaking to family members of QAnon victims across the country, it’s clear that QAnon is not an easy conspiracy to categorize. Some people spoke of loved ones who openly boasted of their loyalty to Q and their belief in every single conspiracy associated with the movement. Others said they didn’t even know if their family members had heard of QAnon, and yet they repeated verbatim the core conspiracies pushed by the group’s followers.

What’s common to all of those who spoke to VICE News is that they see QAnon as a malign force that has radicalized their loved ones to the point where relationships have broken down, families have been divided, and people are living in fear for their safety.

Long before Mark walked in the door of their Chicago home one day last year carrying a machete, Elena knew that their 20-year marriage was coming to an end, thanks to QAnon.

It all began with 9/11 conspiracy videos on YouTube.

“I knew he was prone to get hyper-focused on something, and it would consume him for a time before he would lose interest," she said. "At first, it was the stock market, then video games, but then he started looking at the 9/11 footage on YouTube, especially the videos that claimed it was a setup, and that the towers and buildings nearby were purposely demolished.”

Mark’s focus then shifted to listening to Alex Jones' “Infowars” and watching Fox News “because he was obsessed with ‘finding the truth’ and would nightly spew this rhetoric at me. He would get frustrated because I just wouldn't buy into it.”

“He believed the numerous school shootings and the Boston [Marathon] bombing were faked, pulled off by crisis actors,” Elena said. “When I told him one of my co-workers had a friend who was injured at the bombing in Boston, he said my co-worker wasn't trustworthy and I shouldn't believe anything he said.”

Subsequently it was Donald Trump’s Twitter feed, Obama conspiracies, Hillary Clinton’s emails, and, ultimately, QAnon, which is where everything finally fell into place for Mark

“I don't know how he found QAnon, or 4chan, but to him, it was the place where everything made sense, and he met like-minded people who reinforced the conspiracies,” Elena said.

Mark has a master's degree in economics, served four years in the military, and works in healthcare. He might not strike you as a stereotypical QAnon follower. There are no stereotypical QAnon followers. They are artists. They are young and old and middle-aged. They are brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, fathers, and mothers; they are grandparents; they are sons and daughters. They are highly educated and barely educated. They are tech-savvy and they are digitally illiterate. They are pastors preaching from the pulpit. They are from all corners of the United States—and, increasingly, outside it. They are Republicans and Democrats. They were Bernie supporters and Obama supporters. They are business owners and elementary school teachers; they are professors and construction workers; they are IT directors and former FBI agents; and they work for the White House.

And yet despite all this diversity, there are some common threads, based on conversations with dozens of family members of QAnon followers who spoke to VICE News about the damage the conspiracy is doing to their loved ones.

Christian evangelicalism appears to be a major gateway to QAnon belief, with many of those VICE News spoke to reporting that their family member’s belief in the conspiracy theory was tightly integrated with their faith. The majority of the QAnon believers we spoke about were in their 50s, 60s, or 70s. The vast majority were white, and over half did not identify as QAnon supporters—even as they spouted, verbatim, the conspiracy theories boosted by QAnon.

The pandemic has clearly played an important role in radicalizing many people, especially older people who’ve found themselves isolated and without any real human contact as a result of lockdowns. While the majority have come to QAnon from a right-wing political viewpoint, a significant number have been radicalized through wellness and spirituality communities online.

All of those we spoke to said their family members were informed about the conspiracy through mainstream social media sites like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. Some have now moved on to more fringe sites like Gab and Telegram, but most still use the mainstream sites as a way of communicating with fellow QAnon believers.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dy8...milies-apart?utm_source=pocket-newtab-intl-en

There's more in the article, click to read the entire thing. Its too long to be posted here.

Last edited:

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
It still baffles my mind that some guy (probably shit posting) on 4chan is the originator of this shitfest. I thought everyone and there dog knew not to take anything on 4chan seriously.

fecking 4chan :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don’t have one shred of sympathy for any of them.

My sympathy is for those close to the fairytalists.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It still baffles my mind that some guy (probably shit posting) on 4chan is the originator of this shitfest. I thought everyone and there dog knew not to take anything on 4chan seriously.

A whole lot of people took 4chan seriously. 8chan came directly out of 4chan, and there have been several terrorist attacks announced and even live-streamed on that site. We're doing ourselves a disservice if we completely buy the "it's just shitposting for the lulz" spiel.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
A whole lot of people took 4chan seriously. 8chan came directly out of 4chan, and there have been several terrorist attacks announced and even live-streamed on that site. We're doing ourselves a disservice if we completely buy the "it's just shitposting for the lulz" spiel.
Thats what surprising to me. I think a vast majority of the qanon followers have never set foot in 4chan, which is understandable because most of them are middle aged. Ive been aware of 4chan since i was teenager and i knew it was full of shit, it was basically teens in college leaking nudes and posting shite.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Thats what surprising to me. I think a vast majority of the qanon followers have never set foot in 4chan, which is understandable because most of them are middle aged. Ive been aware of 4chan since i was teenager and i knew it was full of shit, it was basically teens in college leaking nudes and posting shite.
And a whole lot of toxic self-radicalization. You say posting shite, but a lot of them ended up believing it.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

And it was a hoax to get the lemmings to 8chan. Bit crazy really to see how it played out in actuality.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not Qanon in totality, but it’s horrible, yet completely predictable, that such idiocy would be championed by such people...

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Hopefully, DoD purges the active members from the forces, and I can see it happening with all the "extremism stand down" memos flowing from the top brass.

Last edited: