Qanon

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Loads of QAnon influenced banners at protests in Ireland today. Brings home how global this is.

I find it all so fascinating. Can anyone else think of any movement on this scale ever where you could be this certain that the followers/believers have shit for brains? I’m really struggling to think of any precedents. I can think of cults that brainwashed people into delusional beliefs but nothing else outside that specific, localised context.
I think it’s as good a litmus test as any. Theyre unhinged
Better formatting than a Striker10-post though.
:D

If you could define what that actually means, that would be great.
This is the question isn’t it, I’ve asked this before and I’ve never gotten an answer

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
All conspiracies. Until they're not.

Don't just believe. Not the mainstream media. Not Qanon or anyone else. Do your homework. Look into everything.

This is an IQ test you don't want to fail. Freedom, health, wealth, family safety are on the line. The more you understand what's going on, the better you will be able to anticipate and navigate the storm. The herd will get decimated.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Don't just believe. Not the mainstream media. Not Qanon or anyone else. Do your homework. Look into everything.

This is an IQ test you don't want to fail. Freedom, health, wealth, family safety are on the line. The more you understand what's going on, the better you will be able to anticipate and navigate the storm. The herd will get decimated.
You probably thought you were so cool when you finished writing that.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Dafuq

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

When I read posts like this, I always think that someone has tried to explain critical thinking to them but they’re not quite capable of grasping it and this is their take.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If you could define what that actually means, that would be great.
I think what they are trying to say is 'research everything but believe nothing' or something like that.

I love a conspiracy theory, but only if it's based around a resemblance of truth, like 9/11, these Qanon folk seem to just believe any conspiracy that demonizes the left and/or the Clinton's/democrats and calls anyone Paedophiles/Satanists

So basically you shouldn't believe anything you read or hear, but you need to research it, but don't believe the research you read or hear as that could be biased too.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I love a conspiracy theory, but only if it's based around a resemblance of truth, like 9/11, these Qanon folk seem to just believe any conspiracy that demonizes the left and/or the Clinton's/democrats and calls anyone Paedophiles/Satanists
This sentence can have two wildly different meanings, depending on which part of it "like 9/11" belongs to.

kidbob

My favourite one is the Paul McCartney one. They somehow managed to find an exact lookalike who happened to have the same musical talent and style of songwriting. The Beatles were the luckiest band ever.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

White text?

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

You Tube videos are not research.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I get that they’re trying to say that, but then I would ask them, or in this case here, you, to define research.
That’s the thing, isn’t it? Research is hard. Proper research involves a a formal literature search and critical appraisal of dozens and dozens of complex and densely written publications. This is a time consuming and highly skilled task.

One of the most annoying things about conspiracy goons is when they assume that they can do “research” by getting stoned and watching youtube videos.

decorativeed

I get that they’re trying to say that, but then I would ask them, or in this case here, you, to define research.
Often it simply means finding someone else saying the same things you believe, regardless of whether the evidence is stacked against it or not.

decorativeed

My favourite one is the Paul McCartney one. They somehow managed to find an exact lookalike who happened to have the same musical talent and style of songwriting. The Beatles were the luckiest band ever.
To be fair, it explains Wings.

Carolina Red

Staff
That’s the thing, isn’t it? Research is hard. Proper research involves a a formal literature search and critical appraisal of dozens and dozens of complex and densely written publications. This is a time consuming and highly skilled task.

One of the most annoying things about conspiracy goons is when they assume that they can do “research” by getting stoned and watching youtube videos.
Often it simply means finding someone else saying the same things you believe, regardless of whether the evidence is stacked against it or not.
Spot on and could not agree more. What I’ve seen throughout this is that their bar for “research” is confirmation bias fueled Youtube queries while they disparage the scientists who are doing the real thing. It is absolutely infuriating.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

I remember having that conversation with my uncle about the first and main skill that I have been taught at the Uni. How to be an efficient librarian.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I remember having that conversation with my uncle about the first and main skill that have been taught at the Uni. How to be an efficient librarian.
It’s such a fecking grind too. I’m more than happy to leave it to legitimate experts in their field to do the hard work, then dumb it down for me.

Which makes it even more annoying to hear idiots claiming they know better than these experts after a few hours on youtube.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
There's a billion and one weird things about 9/11, doesn't deserve the same kook-standing as Q garbage
It’s all part of the same narrative though. Everything happens for a reason. Powerful people carefully controlling events from behind the scenes. That’s why this shit is so popular. It’s comforting. Conspiracy theorists can’t cope with the version of reality where life is chaotic and random and nobody has a fecking clue how things will pan out.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
This thread is full of sheep. Wake up, think for yourself, drink the coffee until you don't. Everyone is out to get themselves until they're in it. The show must go on, whether we let it or not. Testicles.

Or something.

The irony of conspiracy loons telling other people they should open their eyes is an endless source of joy for me.

decorativeed

It’s all part of the same narrative though. Everything happens for a reason. Powerful people carefully controlling events from behind the scenes. That’s why this shit is so popular. It’s comforting. Conspiracy theorists can’t cope with the version of reality where life is chaotic and random and nobody has a fecking clue how things will pan out.
I think you're spot on there. It's comforting to believe these things as opposed to the reality.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
So this shadowy elite controls everything or is it just a paedo ring, as these Qanon types believe?

Medium with QAnon beliefs says Princess Diana and Martin Luther King told her she's right

A medium who helped organise a march supporting 'Freedom For The Children' says she was 'visited' by Princess Diana who confirmed her controversial beliefs are right.
"I've had Martin Luther King come through, I've had Princess Diana come through and all these spirits coming through telling me so I've had my own proof."
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news...Ycps8bcTkfZV_QFl0UdR_NYgbigb7CzHYW394sXLxjbCI

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When I read posts like this, I always think that someone has tried to explain critical thinking to them but they’re not quite capable of grasping it and this is their take.
Excellent use of pronouns there Pex.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hope they all kissed each other on the cheek while inhaling deeply...

Absolute cretin that one is. Deep red district though so she’s a shoe in unfortunately. She’s going to be another Gym Jordan type.