Qanon

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Creating a conspiracy theory to explain a conspiracy theory, bold move.
It would be devilishly smart though. If you have a secret of that magnitude to hide, then creating a situation where people can talk about it en masse in public and yet it still be laughed away, is a pretty neat solution.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It would be devilishly smart though. If you have a secret of that magnitude to hide, then creating a situation where people can talk about it en masse in public and yet it still be laughed away, is a pretty neat solution.
Sure, but where's the evidence? There is none. It's a bit beating Q by out-Q-ing them. It would make a great fiction book, but there's not really any reason to think it's actually happening.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Sure, but where's the evidence? There is none. It's a bit beating Q by out-Q-ing them. It would make a great fiction book, but there's not really any reason to think it's actually happening.
Of course there's no evidence, I'm not claiming its what actually happened. Just musing on it. Given this is a thread about batshit crazy nutters, it doesn't seem like its going to lower the tone any. :)

Abizzz

Sudden thought just occurred, the emergence of Q as a ridiculous over the top conspiracy theory has pretty much ensured that any discussion of child abuse by the powerful can be easily batted away by painting it as Q Anon nonsense. Yet as we know thanks to Epstein (and a number of cases in the UK involving past celebrities and politicians, there have certainly been child abuse rings involving very powerful people, and strong rumours regarding people at the very top of the political world being involved in such horrible deeds.

So could Q have been deliberately created as a propaganda tool to deflect justified discussion and investigation? If someone now talks about this stuff publicly, isn't it almost certainly going to get laughed at and the people discussing it called crazy conspiracy kooks? It wouldn't be the first time this approach has been taken.
I've long thought that there's an element of this in a lot of the conspiracy theories. Basically ever since finding out that they started promoting UFO's to hide aviation research.

Last edited:

bsCallout

I just started to read about this yesterday after ignoring it ever since I heard about it, how can so many people be so batshit crazy?
Tends to be the case with most conspiracy theories, thanks to the likes of social media they really do take off like wildfire. I have to keep off it all because it drives me mad, especially when it's otherwise normal folk.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Sudden thought just occurred, the emergence of Q as a ridiculous over the top conspiracy theory has pretty much ensured that any discussion of child abuse by the powerful can be easily batted away by painting it as Q Anon nonsense. Yet as we know thanks to Epstein (and a number of cases in the UK involving past celebrities and politicians, there have certainly been child abuse rings involving very powerful people, and strong rumours regarding people at the very top of the political world being involved in such horrible deeds.

So could Q have been deliberately created as a propaganda tool to deflect justified discussion and investigation? If someone now talks about this stuff publicly, isn't it almost certainly going to get laughed at and the people discussing it called crazy conspiracy kooks? It wouldn't be the first time this approach has been taken.
All the studies show that the vast majority of child abuse cases involves immediate family members or relatives or close friends of family members. The Q Anon drivel about liberal-elite paedophilia rings deflects attention away from this fundamental fact and allows its followers to avoid looking at the motes within their own ranks.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
All the studies show that the vast majority of child abuse cases involves immediate family members or relatives or close friends of family members. The Q Anon drivel about liberal-elite paedophilia rings deflects attention away from this fundamental fact and allows its followers to avoid looking at the motes within their own ranks.
The majority certainly, but as cases like Epstein, Cyril Smith and Saville clearly show, it does happen among powerful people too and not just in a close family setting.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
There is enough intelligence in the world to secretly throw £250m of targeted ‘information’ at these groups to convince them that Ghislaine Maxwell created Q and this whole operation was an effort to hide Epstein and Trumps appetite for young girls. Would take a couple of years but those guys are as useless as a floppy cock so it would get there in the end.

Abizzz

Tends to be the case with most conspiracy theories, thanks to the likes of social media they really do take off like wildfire. I have to keep off it all because it drives me mad, especially when it's otherwise normal folk.
Wait even @bsCallout is tired of calling out bs?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
The majority certainly, but as cases like Epstein, Cyril Smith and Saville clearly show, it does happen among powerful people too and not just in a close family setting.
Not just the majority, but the vast majority: 90%+. The only reason that Q Anon followers, most of whom are ill-educated, don't focus on this, but instead focus on drivel about Hollywood-Democrat-Liberal-Elite paedophilia rings - people who supposedly drink the blood of their victims - is because (a) they don't wish to look at the abuse occurring within their own ranks; and (b) it fits with celebrity-expose, gossip-column, National Enquirer tabloid trash nonsense that they and their parents been gobbling up for decades; and (c) it supports their hysterical anti-Democrat worldview.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Mind=blown.

They re all the same numbers!!! A bunch a 1s n shit!! That's as far as Trump can count too so that must mean something.
Yes! As the image shows, it means he's The People's President!

I guess if you're into QAnon, this sort of leaps of logic don't strike you at all anymore.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
A Game Designer’s Analysis Of QAnon
"When I saw QAnon, I knew exactly what it was and what it was doing. I had seen it before. I had almost built it before. It was gaming’s evil twin. A game that plays people. (cue ominous music)
QAnon has often been compared to ARGs and LARPs and rightly so. It uses many of the same gaming mechanisms and rewards. It has a game-like feel to it that is evident to anyone who has ever played an ARG, online role-play (RP) or LARP before. The similarities are so striking that it has often been referred to as a LARP or ARG. However this beast is very very different from a game."
https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a-game-designers-analysis-of-qanon-580972548be5

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Big if true.
Considering Roger Stone was on the front page of the english speaking world when he got arrested, you dont think maybe some reliable news sources would know a tiny bit more about Former and beloved President Obama?

I cannot wait till I see the day that Donald Trump is in hand cuffs being lead away by the FBI.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What's with the twitter bio's reading like Father, Son, Brother, Husband, Golfer, Boy scout, Pedo, Beaver

We get it, you are things.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
This has been debunked and fact-checked.
All conspiracies. Until they're not.

Don't just believe. Not the mainstream media. Not Qanon or anyone else. Do your homework. Look into everything.

This is an IQ test you don't want to fail. Freedom, health, wealth, family safety are on the line. The more you understand what's going on, the better you will be able to anticipate and navigate the storm. The herd will get decimated.
Agreed.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
:lol: I’m still very curious about the impending storm etc. but I fear it’s gone silent on that count.
Trump got out his sharpie and changed the time-line chart to just over 4 years from now.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Critical support

Sound similar to the long-standing conspiracy theory that Queen Elizabeth is the real (secret) Head of State for the USA and that the War of Independence was a con-trick designed to disguise an unbroken line of rule by Britain. Hence, so the theory goes, it was British monarchs who instructed the USA to enter WWI and WWII in support of the UK.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What's with the twitter bio's reading like Father, Son, Brother, Husband, Golfer, Boy scout, Pedo, Beaver

We get it, you are things.
They're the same people who are furious that other people's bios say him/he.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Something I was wondering about: I work for the government and we do a lot of work related to COVID-19. I am not very highly placed myself, but I provide strategic/project support to executives, so I am very close to that level in my own way. So, if there is a deep-state conspiracy, COVID-19 is fake, and so on and so forth - what is supposed to be my role in it? I mean, it's all bullshit of course, but I am wondering, in these people's minds, am I part of the problem? Or am I just a nonce dunce who's not seeing what's right in front of me and is getting dragged along? But if they don't think I am part of it, where does it start? Above the level of my executive? And would he then get converted if he'd be promoted into that level, or recruited or something? Or is he in on it and just hiding it from me, and are our executives deliberately wasting everyone's time by making my organization spend enormous efforts on COVID-19 while they know exactly what's really happening and going to happen?

I suppose most of these conspiracy fans never think this through far enough to realize how their world breaks down completely once you try and get into the nitty-gritty of such world-wide conspiracy theories. But I suppose some do, and I'm wondering how I and/or my boss fit into in their view of the world. And so I was curious if maybe someone on here has dived deep enough into this rabbit hole to have an idea of that.

Last edited:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Something I was wondering about: I work for the government and we do a lot of work related to COVID-19. I am not very highly placed myself, but I provide strategic/project support to executives, so I am very close to that level in my own way. So, if there is a deep-state conspiracy, COVID-19 is fake, and so on and so forth - what is supposed to be my role in it? I mean, it's all bullshit of course, but I am wondering, in these people's minds, am I part of the problem? Or am I just a nonce who's not seeing what's right in front of me and is getting dragged along? But if they don't think I am part of it, where does it start? Above the level of my executive? And would he then get converted if he'd be promoted into that level, or recruited or something? Or is he in on it and just hiding it from me, and are our executives deliberately wasting everyone's time by making my organization spend enormous efforts on COVID-19 while they know exactly what's really happening and going to happen?

I suppose most of these conspiracy fans never think this through far enough to realize how their world breaks down completely once you try and get into the nitty-gritty of such world-wide conspiracy theories. But I suppose some do, and I'm wondering how I and/or my boss fit into in their view of the world. And so I was curious if maybe someone on here has dived deep enough into this rabbit hole to have an idea of that.
At root, anyone who doesn't share their views is part of the conspiracy. Which means that 99.9% of the world is conspiring against them ... so the QAnoners are the persecuted and righteous few, although hardly any of them can correctly spell the word "paranoid".