Which owners would you prefer?

• Qatar

Votes: 961 62.8%
  • Ineos

Votes: 570 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zlatattack

Hi Mods, can we make this a poll please? I know we have lots of topics discussing this, i just want to see what people prefer between the two current bids.

Edited - Thanks

Last edited:

Revan

Assumptionman
It is clear that Qatar is gonna overwhelmingly win, which is why the poll won't be made. Same thing that happened with the poll on keep/sack Ole that never happened.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It is clear that Qatar is gonna overwhelmingly win, which is why the poll won't be made. Same thing that happened with the poll on keep/sack Ole that never happened.
Hi.

Tarrou

I think it will be closer than some think, maybe 65/35 in favour of Qatar or something like that

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Impossible to say really without knowing the details of the bids.

Zlatattack

I'd prefer someone like Ineos, but I think the Qatari's have more money to spend and have easier access to it so I think it's a better option.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Impossible to say really without knowing the details of the bids.
Qatar: Invest in all the playing squads, infrastructure, with an emphasis on youth and to put us back on top in Europe - Debt Free
Ineos: To put the Manchester back in Manchester United. - New Debt but not linked to 'the club'.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I'd need to see Ineos plan for how they will finance the takeover and what they will do with the infrastructure. It's unlikely to be a good deal for the football side of things but it's only fair that we wait and see.

Member 125398

Biggest issue for me is financial doping, therefore INEOS.

hobbers

Do you want lots of money put into the club for the purpose of sportswashing or do you want a bit of money put into the club by more Glazers who ultimately only care about ROI... Not that Jim is necessarily like them but the people financing it all are.

Basically what it comes down to. The former is the lesser of two evils for me. My opinion might change if Ineos put forward detailed long term investment plans.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Evil capitalism plus sportswashing
vs
Evil capitalism minus sportswashing

Easy choice for me.

Flying high

Biggest issue for me is financial doping, therefore INEOS.
Agreed. Also, I believe that one day this whole shit-show of foreign investment will come to an end, one way or the other.

I'd much prefer we weren't stained with the mess that city made. Even if 'our' financial doping wasn't as bad/illegal as theirs.

Dan_F

I'd need to see Ineos plan for how they will finance the takeover and what they will do with the infrastructure. It's unlikely to be a good deal for the football side of things but it's only fair that we wait and see.
This. I’ll vote Ineos because I don’t really have any appetite for being state funded. Don’t call me racist, I’m including every fecking country in that before you all wet your pants.

If Ineos leave the current debt structure in place, I don’t really see what the point of the takeover is.

Cloud7

Exactly - we know virtually nothing about the bids as yet, fans making a lot of assumptions based on very little
To be completely fair we do that with a lot of things here. Transfer rumors and motivations, player's mental state etc. :p

romufc

The absolute state of our fanbase. We're just going to be City with more shirt sales.
Yep the absolute state of our fan base.

City have won the last 4/5 PL titles. They have dominated the league cup, got to CL semis and finals... who would want that right?

So fans dont want on the pitch success because we will be like CIty?

Lets look off field, upgraded training ground, one of the best youths, cheap season tickets -yep, we shoudn't want that. Instead you probably lobby for more commercial seats and boxes at OT right?

Manutd are not like City even with rich owners - We have proven success from the past.

red thru&thru

Mods, how many people registered subscribers to the Café? Be good to understand roughly when there will be an end to the poll, by majority of Café members answering.

CallyRed

The history of the club is not wiped because of the owners. See Glazers.
Exactly. City still celebrate their 1999 Division 2 play off final penalty shoot out win v Gillingham. On a par with the Aguero moment for them.