Votes: 961 62.8%
  • Ineos

Votes: 570 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yup they have made that adjustment now, but that has not been their general operating model.

Look at these players born around the Paris area that were in the catchment area for their academy.

Mendy, Konate, Saliba, Kounde, Kanta, Nkuku, Rabio, Pogba, Coman, Mbappe, Mahrez

Only Coman can you consider came through their academy and because of the sheer amount of people who were ahead of him went to Juve on loan.

That is a stunning amount of talent to let slip through the cracks when you are the only major club in the Paris area.
Why only Coman would come through their academy? Rabiot, Nkunku, Kimpembe, Ferland Mendy, Ikone, Coman, Dembélé, Edouard, Diaby, Nianzou and many others are all from their academy.

Also there is no catchment area in France, it's not like the UK, so all clubs have access to all players. The amount of clubs in an area is irrelevant unless the kids for some reason want to stay around Paris which is actually sometimes not the case, they prefer to go away and focus on Football.

Paris have done a significantly better job in the last decade when it comes to scouting and developing players. They also have used most of them in the first team.

Morpheus 7

Shame the poll is closed, I would have voted Qatar. Ineos will be horrendous I think, not see facility changes for decades I think with them. United been screwed for years, time to catch up and lead the way, with real investment.

Bert_

The caf has spoken! I look forward to the online fans polls deciding our transfer strategy in the summer.

Lets hope we can at least sell/release Rashford as was voted for.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
So the poll has closed and the results are in.

Jassim is the preferred bidder by members of the Caf.
Hardly surprising given the nature of the forum. I’d be interested to see a breakdown of votes by location if possible.

The caf has spoken! I look forward to the online fans polls deciding our transfer strategy in the summer.

…and according to one source this mightn’t be that far off the mark either. :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

I bet that they'll do a better job than Bob Ratcliffe, racist Moody and the bicycle man

devilish

Will they do a better job of the cut-out sheik and his posse of Bank of America advisers?
I cannot see qatar doing worse then ineos. With all their financial might and smart management they got a Swiss club relegated....twice.

Bert_

I cannot see qatar doing worse then ineos. With all their financial might and smart management they got a Swiss club relegated....twice.
They bought a Swiss yo-yo club and a club hanging around the top 10 in France for the past 20 years. Ignoring longer term plans, in the most pessimistic scenario those clubs haven't done any worse than they did before. The longer term investment may benefit them (I won't pretend to know it will).

If they bought us, then I would hope they would just leave us to it footballing wise since it seems to be going in the right direction so far. Sans the Glazer debt and general incompetence we should be OK.

Qatar will be active in how we operate sporting wise. Ten Hag (if he sticks around) will have players forced on him and we will be in for anyone that has any brand recognition every transfer window. Players you can plaster on a billboard wearing a United badge is far more important than a team that wins trophies. If you have all the biggest names playing for you, who cares about trophies apart from United fans?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
They bought a Swiss yo-yo club and a club hanging around the top 10 in France for the past 20 years. Ignoring longer term plans, in the most pessimistic scenario those clubs haven't done any worse than they did before. The longer term investment may benefit them (I won't pretend to know it will).

If they bought us, then I would hope they would just leave us to it footballing wise since it seems to be going in the right direction so far. Sans the Glazer debt and general incompetence we should be OK.

Qatar will be active in how we operate sporting wise. Ten Hag (if he sticks around) will have players forced on him and we will be in for anyone that has any brand recognition every transfer window. Players you can plaster on a billboard wearing a United badge is far more important than a team that wins trophies. If you have all the biggest names playing for you, who cares about trophies apart from United fans?
I am sure Jassin has learnt lessons from clusterfeck that his cousin runs at PSG. Besides they are totally different sort of clubs. One is a historical club that has to be serious and clever to stay relevant in their domestic league due to the competition. The other is just a nouveau riche club and likes/needs the blings to stay relevant.

devilish

Ineos has appointed their own people, sometime out of pure nepotism. Bob Ratcliffe for example was appointed ceo at lausanne and then promoted even though he had done a horrible job. Now I can live with an owner who invest little in their club just like INEOS do (altough we do need heavy investment) but they need to be smart. In terms of football Ineos are neither

devilish

I am sure Jassin has learnt lessons from clusterfeck that his cousin runs at PSG. Besides they are totally different sort of clubs. One is a historical club that has to be serious and clever to stay relevant in their domestic league due to the competition. The other is just a nouveau riche club and likes/needs the blings to stay relevant.
Psg had dominated the French league ie the same league ineos struggle to make it to top 4 into let alone win anything. They should have done better but its not a clusterfeck

Bert_

I am sure Jassin has learnt lessons from clusterfeck that his cousin runs at PSG. Besides they are totally different sort of clubs. One is a historical club that has to be serious and clever to stay relevant in their domestic league due to the competition. The other is just a nouveau riche club and likes/needs the blings that come with such status.
Taking over a smaller club and getting them to play with the big boys is an achievement you can shout about and use in your PR campaign. Buying an established club doesn't achive that. The only way you get a return on that is if you make headlines constantly. Biggest names, biggest signings, biggest show in town. In other words, a fecking circus built around selling a country.

devilish

Taking over a smaller club and getting them to play with the big boys is an achievement you can shout about and use in your PR campaign. Buying an established club doesn't achive that. The only way you get a return on that is if you make headlines constantly. Biggest names, biggest signings, biggest show in town. In other words, a fecking circus built around selling a country.
Psg wasn't such a big club prior to Qatar buying them

Bert_

Ineos has appointed their own people, sometime out of pure nepotism. Bob Ratcliffe for example was appointed ceo at lausanne and then promoted even though he had done a horrible job. Now I can live with an owner who invest little in their club just like INEOS do (altough we do need heavy investment) but they need to be smart. In terms of football Ineos are neither
I do agree with you on some of their appointments, historically anyway. It's why I am no fan of INEOS either. I just revert to the default though. Ineos can't throw billions away so will need to at least need to be sensible with their appointments. If certain things are working then don't try and fix them.

With Qatar, that won't be a a consideration for a state backed outfit. They'll do what they want without consideration. If it doesn't work, just throw more money at it until it does.

Bert_

I like the fact that you’re writing as if you know exactly what Jassim’s team are going to do if they win the bid, while using the word “if” and “hope” when describing Ineos’ plans.

Double standard much?
Who the feck knows who this Jassim guy is? At least we know who INEOS is and what they are about. None of us have any idea how any of this will work out but at least with those cnuts it's more transparent.

You know what would generate the biggest headlines? Wins and trophies. Yes it is that simple really.
No not really. To your football fan maybe but the market they are targeting is far bigger than football fans. Brand recognition trumps all.

devilish

I do agree with you on some of their appointments, historically anyway. It's why I am no fan of INEOS either. I just revert to the default though. Ineos can't throw billions away so will need to at least need to be sensible with their appointments. If certain things are working then don't try and fix them.

With Qatar, that won't be a a consideration for a state backed outfit. They'll do what they want without consideration. If it doesn't work, just throw more money at it until it does.
Both are learning from their mistakes. Ineos had since hired blanc whose a respectable man in football. Hopefully he will persuade SJR that brothers and cycling men has no space in football. Psg has hired campos who is like the Bentley of DOFs. The difference between the two is that Qatar has the willingness and the will to throw money at a problem until they get it right

Bert_

Psg wasn't such a big club prior to Qatar buying them
No French club was tbf. And once PSG had won the league year after year without any plaudits they had to switch to buying whatever big name they could get by throwing cash around. Maybe hoping they could win a CL but if not knowing they at least had the brand locked down by having big name stars wearing their shirts.

devilish

No French club was tbf. And once PSG had won the league year after year without any plaudits they had to switch to buying whatever big name they could get by throwing cash around. Maybe hoping they could win a CL but if not knowing they at least had the brand locked down by having big name stars wearing their shirts.
Tbf many clubs tend to use big name/old players to paper the cracks. Ac Milan were famous for it at one point, juve turned to the likes of Higuian and Ronaldo to try to win the CL and we dabbled in it as well. I hate that policy. However we can close an eye towards the new boys who fell in a trap in which way older heads fell in as well

Bert_

Tbf many clubs tend to use big name/old players to paper the cracks. Ac Milan were famous for it at one point, juve turned to the likes of Higuian and Ronaldo to try to win the CL and we dabbled in it as well. I hate that policy. However we can close an eye towards the new boys who fell in a trap in which way older heads fell in as well
We've done it ourselves the past decade. Throwing money at flavours of the month to take a shortcut to success and what do we have to show for it? We don't need any more money to waste. And we almost certainly will waste a feck ton of money with Qatar involved and probabaly upset the balance while we're at it. We might do the same with ineos too. Far less likely though.

devilish

We've done it ourselves the past decade. Throwing money at flavours of the month to take a shortcut to success and what do we have to show for it? We don't need any more money to waste. And we almost certainly will waste a feck ton of money with Qatar involved and probabaly upset the balance while we're at it. We might do the same with ineos too. Far less likely though.
Would they? Qatar seem to have learnt their lesson. They hired campos and the transfers last year were more targeted and sobre then those in previous years. Jassim has sent bankers to OT as opposed to football men (ie people who are probably eyeing a more hands on approach on the football side). That means that he is probably more interested in hanging the financial side of the club then the football side

Bert_

Would they? Qatar seem to have learnt their lesson. They hired campos and the transfers last year were more targeted and sobre then those in previous years. Jassim has sent bankers to OT as opposed to football men (ie people who are probably eyeing a more hands on approach on the football side). That means that he is probably more interested in hanging the financial side of the club then the football side
No evidence to back that up so far though. They've got Campos and maybe he will change things (doubt it) but right now it's a circus. I wonder how much will come down to them losing interest now that they've got the world cup out of the way. Time to move on to their next charade?

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
And the rationale behind that is?
Because I’ve noticed a correlation. In other words the pro-Qatar sentiment seems strongest amongst foreign fans, and anti-Qatar (or at least reticence about Qatar) feeling seems strongest amongst local fans.

devilish

No evidence to back that up so far though. They've got Campos and maybe he will change things (doubt it) but right now it's a circus. I wonder how much will come down to them losing interest now that they've got the world cup out of the way. Time to move on to their next charade?
It's too early to say but campos and last year's transfer window show encouraging signs. We are still talking of a team who keeps dominating their league. Ineos has yet to that in France, Switzerland and beyond.

Regarding selling up, their chairman had made it clear that they are still committed to the cause. Actually they are investing more in football by buying minority stakes in braga. I won't be surprised if they buy a minority stake in jassim's manutd and they buy malaga as well thus ratifying the feck up one of the al thanis had caused there

Chief123

Because I’ve noticed a correlation. In other words the pro-Qatar sentiment seems strongest amongst foreign fans, and anti-Qatar (or at least reticence about Qatar) feeling seems strongest amongst local fans.
So the 961 caf members who’ve voted in favour of Qatar are “foreign”? :lol:

red thru&thru

How have you noticed this? Will be quite interesting to understand.

Bert_

It's too early to say but campos and last year's transfer window show encouraging signs. We are still talking of a team who keeps dominating their league. Ineos has yet to that in France, Switzerland and beyond.
Even if it does work out for them. It's not impressive and they way they've gone about it isn't anything I wan't out club to aspire to. Is there really anyone who cares one bit about PSG or respects them in any way?

Regarding selling up, their chairman had made it clear that they are still committed to the cause. Actually they are investing more in football by buying minority stakes in braga. I won't be surprised if they buy a minority stake in jassim's manutd and they buy malaga as well thus ratifying the feck up one of the al thanis had caused there
I can appreciate the idea of investing in wider football but this is even more of a red flag for me. Last thing we need is people buying up everything and working towards a monopoly in the long term. That goes for INEOS too. If they ever do end up buying United, they should sell their stakes in Nice and Lausanne.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
You do realise 1531 people have voted on the thread? Of which less than 10 have probably stated their actual location if that. What have you been observing exactly?
I’ve observed what I said in the post and would be interested to see if it’s borne out by the facts. In other words, I’d like to see if there actually is such a connection.