Qatar WC Attendances

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Impressive. Going to be averaging around 112% attendance which presumably will be a record.

redshaw

250k for the final. Years later many will claim to have been there like folklore.

Idxomer

I can believe it, the Emptihad after all is always full.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I looked into this as it did seem bizarre because, even if FIFA/Qatar wanted to massage the numbers, it made no sense for it to be higher than capacity

but basically the stadium capacities originally listed were rounded up numbers - the exact capacity is listed in this article

World Cup 2022 attendances:
FIFA explain why they’re higher than ‘stadium capacity’ https://www.givemesport.com/8808662...plain-why-theyre-higher-than-stadium-capacity

tom8888sa

Supports
neutral
We are over judging this. Every single match outside of Netherlands match seem to be large to very large crowds. Do we have such short memories we forgot AFRICA 2010 Group or Ukraine 2012 Group stages tournaments? Group Stages is always going to be a hit or miss depending on the countries(in terms of attendance live) However every match seem to have very large crowds and very loud noises(outside of the Dutch match)

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
The sad thing though is seeing so many empty seats in what are actually sold out areas of the stadium - basically sponsor or exec tickets going to waste

Maticmaker

Official capacity and actual capacity differences are nothing new in football. I can remember a local non-league team (1959) where the attendance figures were always way out, but that was because the club never recorded all those who sneaked in through the back of 'Joe's Pie Stall...' paying Joe half price for the privilege of seeing the match and getting a free pie. In fact, my dad always reckoned he and my grandad only went for the pies.

MDFC Manager

I looked into this as it did seem bizarre because, even if FIFA/Qatar wanted to massage the numbers, it made no sense for it to be higher than capacity

but basically the stadium capacities originally listed were rounded up numbers - the exact capacity is listed in this article

World Cup 2022 attendances:
FIFA explain why they’re higher than ‘stadium capacity’ https://www.givemesport.com/8808662...plain-why-theyre-higher-than-stadium-capacity
Ah, thought so. Did look odd to see exact round numbers in terms of capacity.

For future reference from the article you linked:

68cob

I thought this was an advert for toilet attendants in Qatar. :cool: