QF2: Wales vs Belgium

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
We have no "Z" in our alphabet, but a solid effort :D
Damn! We have plenty of zzz's in our football team, wanna trade?

Edit: Looking it up I also seem to have missed one thousand LLLL's and one wyndrob. What's a Wyndrob? It is the sound of a kamikaze fly attack on a windscreen.

Last edited:

Gazautd18

Get in boys!
Can finally cheer on an international team!
Born in Wales, raised in England, and always wanted England to lose!
Get in!!

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Danny's parents are from Ghana but he was born in Longsight, so he's just as English as Ashley Williams ;)

Sorry, the pedant in me couldn't help it. I actually get your point and think you're right about people like Wilshire being in the side over others that had far better seasons than him. Wales have been pretty excellent so far, especially tonight, and thoroughly deserve to be where they are now. They've made the most of what they have and you can't even argue that Bale has dragged them through on his talent alone. He's had his moments, but it's been a team effort above everything else.
Ah that's true, probably thinking of Moses and Berahino (who wouldn't get in any national squad to be fair) just remember a big thing about Welbeck when he was the hot prospect way back when!

I actually think Bale has done what all the super star players should do, work hard first and attract all the attention while the other guys get on with their work quietly (Ramsey, Robson-Kanye, Allen) which is something Ronaldo wouldn't even dream of doing.

I think it's what benefits Wales to be honest, having a smaller group of players to select which in turn makes them play more regularly together and less chance of a bigger name being chosen instead (case in point Wilshire and Drinkwater).

Can't imagine the frustration you English have when you see crackpot decisions like that happening, was half expecting Delph and Henderson to be there if not for injuries!

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah but at least being English you have a chance of getting another decent generation of players. For us, we've lucky if we get a half decent set of players every 40 years.
Your players are all still young (and Charly Musonda will be ready soon). Get a manager who can get them playing for each other and you could do great things.

WelshManc

I'm Irish but tonight I feel Welsh! :lol:

Made up for you guys - considering what you've had to come thru to get here its fantastic. You have nothing to fear on Wednesday - you're organised and performing to such a high level.
Always loved the Irish! :lol:

Im not even thinking of Portugal yet, not thinking of anything other than tonight at the moment. Get in!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
If you are English, I don't see how you can even support Wales considering how their entire team mocked and laughed at us after seeing we got knocked out by Iceland.
Grow up.

Welsh fans have supported your tripe for years.

I would always support home nations. Which is different to supporting all English clubs in Champions League.

Verminator

England need an identity. A philosophy (lol).
They then need to pick the form players to fit the system, and the back ups to know it too.
Then everyone knows their job.
Like when Wales went behind tonight, the steadied the ship. Like windows safe-start.
If there is no confusion over your role, you can adjust to your direct opponent .
England players looked confused and unsure of what they should be doing. That is the coach'sfault.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That 3-1 was some header by the way. What a team Wales is but they'll miss Ramsey.

what a mess

By the way thanks to all the Caf posters congratulating us and supporting us, probably hurts for the English ones too so much respect for you!

And yeah half our team were born in England, but why don't you take out Sterling who's Jamaican, Welbeck (who would have been in the squad) who's from Ghana, fact is these players chose to play for this team, if they didn't feel Welsh then they'd have done what Shawcross done and decide not to play international football (we asked him but he refused).

These guys are not forced to play for us, hence the heart and passion they play with, and who said only Williams would get in the English team? :lol:

If we're judging solely on talent then there's Williams, Bale, Ramsey, (possibly Allen) and the traffic cone that was brought here by a drunk Welsh fan to play in goals cos even that would do a better job than Hart in goal, that's half a team, judging on talent alone, then you factor in will, passion and mentality then you realise player like Drinkwater and Townsend should be there instead of Wilshire and Sterling.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Wales this evening , the tone was set with the National anthem , with the players belting out the words with real passion , what a fantastic team spirit they have , every player fighting , battling , running for every minute I thought they were truely outstanding and for me the captain Williams was an inspiration .
It just brings it home that you can have all the talent in the world ( Engand ) but without passion , commitment , positivity and a willingness to fight for each other then you have no chance , the Wales team has these attributes by the bucket load and I thought Chris Coleman was absolutely fantastic truly inspirational .
Roy hodgson and his spineless squad should hang there heads in shame for a complete lack of passion and a horribly complacent attitude .
When I saw the video that raheem steering posted of his mansion tour it made me physically sick , that guy cost £50m quid and it is so obvious that he doesn't give a damn who he plays for as long as he gets paid .What a mess the Engand team is in , not a single leader in the squad .I always hoped that we would eventually win the Euro's ,( not stupid enough to believe we have any chance of a World Cup ) but I now belive it will never happen , most English players these days are over, paid spoiled brats and with the money now available it's only going o get worse .
I hope Wales go on and win it, they are an inspiration to the whole of Briitain

Last edited:

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Always loved the Irish! :lol:

Im not even thinking of Portugal yet, not thinking of anything other than tonight at the moment. Get in!
Enjoy it mate - I can only imagine what the bars are like in Cardiff and all over Wales atm - chaos :lol:

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
If you are English, I don't see how you can even support Wales considering how their entire team mocked and laughed at us after seeing we got knocked out by Iceland.
The thing is you expect to get mocked for losing to Iceland when it's your national game and you're a nation of nearly 60 million - it's the exact stuff of mockery. By contrast the Welsh have consistently showed every quality you admire in a team: skill, passion, guts, determination, comradeship. It's an amazing achievement that deserves to be encouraged and recognised as such.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I thoroughly enjoyed watching Wales this evening , the tone was set with the National anthem , with the players belting out the words with real passion , what a fantastic team spirit they have , every player fighting , battling , running for every minute I thought they were truely outstanding and for me the captain Williams was an inspiration .
It just brings it home that you can have all the talent in the world ( Engand ) but without passion , commitment , positivity and a willingness to fight for each other then you have no chance , the Wales team has these attributes by the bucket load and I thought Chris Coleman was absolutely fantastic truly inspirational .
Roy hodgson and his spineless squad should hang there heads in shame for a complete lack of passion and a horribly complacent attitude .
When I saw the video that raheem steering posted of his mansion tour it made me physically sick , that guy cost £50 quid and it is so obvious that he doesn't give a damn who he plays for as long as he gets paid .What a mess the Engand team is in , not a single leader in the squad .I always hoped that we would eventually win the Euro's ,( not stupid enough to believe we have any chance of a World Cup ) but I now belive it will never happen , most English players these days are over, paid spoiled brats and with the money now available it's only going o get worse .
Yeah I agree with you, I think England should be setting the example for the home nations but the individuals you select really harm the team spirit, and that's gone back as far as I can remember, Gerrard was overly arrogant and egotistical, and when I seen Kane try a Ronaldo/Bale free kick against Iceland I could just see that ego creeping into his game, I mean he doesn't take corners or free kicks for Spurs, why is he acting like the main main for England when he's not good enough to be? I think the England team could develop into something very promising as a group while the players are talented but not world class, they should concentrate on working together to build a bond but they only seem interested in taking the glory themselves.

Obviously I rarely watch England but that's the impression I get from the players (and ex players) so correct me if I'm wrong? I'm as Welse as they come and I always gloat when England lose I must admit, but that's only because it's like having an older brother that's cooler than you are, now it's just annoying me how the English football are repeating the same mistakes as past generations. must truly suck.

JJ12

Nice to see so many fans from other nations support us! Hope you continue to help us during the semi's.

I thought we were up against it tonight. So many great individuals playing for them but don't look anything like a team. Shame for them really.

Roll on next Wednesday

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
When I saw the video that raheem steering posted of his mansion tour it made me physically sick , that guy cost £50 quid and it is so obvious that he doesn't give a damn who he plays for as long as he gets paid .What a mess the Engand team is in , not a single leader in the squad .I always hoped that we would eventually win the Euro's ,( not stupid enough to believe we have any chance of a World Cup ) but I now belive it will never happen , most English players these days are over, paid spoiled brats and with the money now available it's only going o get worse .
England don't really have all the talent in the world, though.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Absolutely absorbing game of football, amazing. I actaully had a 20 quid bet put on from the start on Belgium to win the tournament and yet i was cheering Wales on like i was Welsh.That Cruyff turn was sublime.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Congratulations to Wales :). Wow what a performance, I didn't expect them to win in a million years. Fantastic team spirit and fight in the Welsh team. Unbelievable!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm just afraid it's going to be an easy win for Portugal because Wales will miss both Ramsey and Davies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Heartwarming article, this:

Cymru am byth: Cardiff fanzone roars after historic Wales victory
As their heroes wrote their names in folklore, thousands of passionate fans travelled from miles around to follow the Euro 2016 action in the capital

Throughout the game they sang, they chanted, they screamed, they yelled. And then, at final whistle, the Welsh fans hugged and kissed. In a heaving, passionate fanzone in Cardiff, grown men and women wept openly while children laughed with joy as they celebrated one of the greatest sporting triumphs in their nation’s history.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...f-fan-zone-roars-after-historic-wales-victory

JJ12

I'm just afraid it's going to be an easy win for Portugal because Wales will miss both Ramsey and Davies.
The same Portugal we saw Thursday night?

I can't see it.

They will probably win but it will be far from easy.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Big congrats to Wales, I thought they would get absolutely battered tbh.. But it's always great to see the underdogs doing well!

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
I just watched the match (recording), and it was a fantastic game of football. Belgium weren't that bad actually and had some periods of dominance, but couldn't convert their chances and had a couple of brain farts which cost them. Also goes to show how important having a team is once again. For all the transfer muppetry we fans like to engage in, being able to build a team goes a long way to cover for lacking a star name or two.

Edit: Also, bloody hell, I'm starting to think maybe we should consider keeping Joe Allen. Maybe.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Utterly Inevitable Headline of the Day:

Daily Mail said:
The Welsh minnows who put England's pampered flops to shame: How goal-scoring trio who together earn just a quarter of Rooney's wage helped nation of three million reach their first ever semi-final
See, I just don't think that kind of criticism is fair, let alone thoughtful.

madhed

Absolute top draw today....goosebumps at the final whistle. I'm ecstatic for the Welsh...what spirit and determination they all showed. Our English lads could learn a thing or two from them...or 8 ! Turns out Gareth Bale was right about their passion after all when he was comparing the two nations.

Gwaaaaan !