QPR v Manchester United (Friendly) Saturday 24th July 2021 @ 3pm BST | 4-2 loss

Dante

Average bang
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venue: Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium

Last edited:

pascell

Martial and VdB only back in training next Monday, they'll join up with the squad once they're back from the week long training camp in Surrey.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Seriously considering going to this - and I haven't been to a friendly since the days of Neil Webb and Mike Phelan (playing). No idea why... maybe just reached max boredom after lockdown/restrictions!

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Seriously considering going to this - and I haven't been to a friendly since the days of Neil Webb and Mike Phelan (playing). No idea why... maybe just reached max boredom after lockdon/restrictions!
Don't blame you! I'll definitely be going to one of the home games later in preseason. It's been 18 months since I last saw a match at Old Trafford.

dalriada

Seriously considering going to this - and I haven't been to a friendly since the days of Neil Webb and Mike Phelan (playing). No idea why... maybe just reached max boredom after lockdown/restrictions!
I'm going, I know it's only a friendly but it'll be great to be in a stadium again. Only £10 if you're over 61 and £13-15 otherwise. A one hour train journey more or less from here so thought it was a no- brainer and good opportunity to see some of the youngsters if nothing else.

I had to join a virtual queue of 8800, took about 40 minutes to get through the queue and thought it would be sold out but did get a ticket.

Cantonagotmehere

I'm going, I know it's only a friendly but it'll be great to be in a stadium again. Only £10 if you're over 61 and £13-15 otherwise. A one hour train journey more or less from here so thought it was a no- brainer and good opportunity to see some of the youngsters if nothing else.

I had to join a virtual queue of 8800, took about 40 minutes to get through the queue and thought it would be sold out but did get a ticket.
Awesome. I'd love to be there. Enjoy it.

dalriada

What's the stadium capacity for this one?
The stadium holds 18439 with a typical allowance of about 1800 for away fans ( from what I'm reading). I believe the restrictions have been lifted, so they could fill it to capacity, although I guess that won't happen for a friendly with most of our first team regulars still away.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.

are they not selling tickets on the day at the gate? I know that's "gone out of fashion" but surely they'll want as many as possible in and surely it's not going to be a sell out

JB7

Did you trying and buy seats at the same time all our home tickets were released or something? I just logged on last week the day they were released & bought tickets in like 2 minutes :confused:

dalriada

are they not selling tickets on the day at the gate? I know that's "gone out of fashion" but surely they'll want as many as possible in and surely it's not going to be a sell out
Certainly for away supporters you have to book because of the small allocation, but I guess you can roll up for the home supporters area. I'd check on QPR's website before travelling, though.

Dante

Average bang
The lineup:

Subs: Grant, Bishop, Fish, Bernard, Galbraith, Garner, Levitt, Hannibal, Mata, Shoretire, Elanga, Hugill.

Still a 4-2-3-1.

RedDevilRoshi

Thought McTominay would have at least been on the bench as he returned to training this week.

Looking forward to seeing Pellistri play again. Really impressed me when he played against Derby last weekend.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The lineup:

Subs: Grant, Bishop, Fish, Bernard, Galbraith, Garner, Levitt, Hannibal, Mata, Shoretire, Elanga, Hugill.

Still a 4-2-3-1.
I thought Fish has gone out on loan?

Looking forward to Pellestri again, and hope Greenwood can get off the mark today.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Lingard James and Andreas.. Probably need to find some other way to spend Saturday evening.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Tough to get excited about preseason match full of players who either have no possibility of game time or have no future here. Only interested in Pellestri and Gunwood from that line up.

Last edited:

MDFC Manager

Meh. Should really be playing Garner with Matic, would be good for his experience.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Meh. Should really be playing Garner with Matic, would be good for his experience.
Yeah what's the point in playing Andreas. Play Galbraith or Garner and see what they can do. James atleast I can understand as he will play a part in first team. Lingard is probably playing to help us negotiate a transfer fee.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
As a few have said I don't see why Andreas is getting minutes. Is there any way giving him games in preseason would work in his favour in terms of getting a move away? He surely has no role to play for us next season.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Watching United v QPR in 2014 and we are 3-0 up at half time with ADM scoring on his debut and Falcao on the bench as back up for Rooney and RVP. We look good...pressing with energy and passing quickly and direct. Oh how disappointing that season turned out to be

MDFC Manager

Yeah what's the point in playing Andreas. Play Galbraith or Garner and see what they can do. James atleast I can understand as he will play a part in first team. Lingard is probably playing to help us negotiate a transfer fee.
Agreed, I'm unable to understand the thinking either. At least the second half with the other kids might be interesting to watch

Dinghy

James vs Pellistri most interesting about that line-up. Hopefully Pellistri shows he's got more to offer the team.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Watching United v QPR in 2014 and we are 3-0 up at half time with ADM scoring on his debut and Falcao on the bench as back up for Rooney and RVP. We look good...pressing with energy and passing quickly and direct. Oh how disappointing that season turned out to be
and then came the Leicester match, a tale of two halves.

mu4c_20le

What's with the disappointment? Last time we started the kids first then the seniors. This is just the other day around.