Qualifying rounds CL

Ludens the Red

If only Rangers and Celtic had as much money to spend as the Scandinavia clubs that have eliminated them…..:p

A-man

Malmö through, well deserved imo, but I am by no means objective :)

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
What an utter sh*t show by Rangers. Not only did they lose to Malmo who were down to 10 men, they would've played Ludo in the play offs.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
I knew Rangers would crumble as soon as fans were back in stadia.
Some teams struggle without their fans seems SG team is one who struggle infront of fans

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Can anybody tell me why Sheriff are so good??

They beat Crvena Zvezda in the last CL round and now are 3-0 up against Dinamo Zagreb.

A club from Moldova in the group stages would be cool.
Probably because they didn't have a single player from Moldova in their team today.

redrobed

A friend of mine is convinced if Celtic and Rangers joined the Championship they would be able to stay in it. :lol:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
In the Weigl v Götze duel, I find myself rooting for Götze. Benfica have been down a man since the first half, but PSV still can't really create much so far.
Have to say that watching tonight I'm not that convinced by Madueke.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
PSV is a much better team than Benfica regardless of the red. They will lose this tie on the first 20 minutes in Portugal.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
PSV are so useless, Jesus Christ. 60 minutes up a man, they couldn't score a goal if they gave them an open goal with the ball on the line

1 goal for about 40 chances in the 2 games... it's always the same story with the dutch teams, 0 effectiveness in front of goal. Managed to make Vlachodimos look like Neuer at his best somehow

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
PSV are so useless, Jesus Christ. 60 minutes up a man, they couldn't score a goal if they gave them an open goal with the ball on the line

1 goal for about 40 chances in the 2 games... it's always the same story with the dutch teams, 0 effectiveness in front of goal. Managed to make Vlachodimos look like Neuer at his best somehow
Is Vlachodimos not good normally? He looked fantastic?:lol:

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I'd say only Ramalho had a good game for PSV. Drommel didn't have much to do. Max and Mwene are dreadful.

This is what happens when you sell your best player for 15m.

Dumfries would have dribbled past 3, stumbled over his own feet and gotten a penalty.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'd say only Ramalho had a good game for PSV. Drommel didn't have much to do. Max and Mwene are dreadful.

This is what happens when you sell your best player for 15m.

Dumfries would have dribbled past 3, stumbled over his own feet and gotten a penalty.
Gakpo wasn't bad either if you ask me. Quite a wonder he could walk off the pitch after the 371 fouls on him.

A-man

Malmö FF qualified for the group stage and I’m so happy and a bit drunk too :)

Was tough matches but we’ll deserved.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I hate you :wenger:
It's ok, noone cares about it except us. We had the 4th best coefficient in Europe at one point back in 2014 and then all the stats, news and publicity became only about the top 3 leagues for that time. It will be the same now, you won't see anyone mention 'the top 5 leagues' while we're fifth :lol:

If PSG didn't exist I think we'd be in a great position to keep this 5th place for a few years but this way is tough.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
How did the Netherlands pull off 2.9 points in 17/18 though? I always thought it was a a terrible season for German teams, but the Dutch teams took that to another level.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
They'll lose the 11500 points from 17/18 too next year so it's looking good for us :lol:
And the biggest perk, that we won't use but will screw up PSG, is that the 5th place gets the full coefficient of 2 for the Golden Boot calculation, while 6th place gets only a 1.5 coefficient.

If Messi scores 30 goals in the league he will still be behind a portuguese league scorer with 23 goals :lol: (30*1.5 = 45 < 23*2 = 46)

The truth is that it is not easy to get 23 goals in the portuguese league, "only" 34 games and most of the time you face super defensive teams.

Also remember the moments lost in time, like tears in the rain, not at the end of the season but a snapshot in time

UEFA was so scared they moved on to guarantee the 4 teams of the top 4 countries in the group stage of the CL directly
(not really but I like to think this was the reason :lol:)

Last edited:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
How did the Netherlands pull off 2.9 points in 17/18 though? I always thought it was a a terrible season for German teams, but the Dutch teams took that to another level.
Horrible year indeed..

* Ajax got thrown out of the UCL qualifiers by Nice and then didnt make the group stages of the EL either losing a qualifier to Rosenborg
* PSV got eliminated the in the qualifiers for the EL by losing to Osijek
* Feyenoord was in the Champions League, but only managed to get 3 points in a group with Napoli, Shaktar and City.
* FC Utrecht got eliminated in the qualifiers for the EL by Zenit
* Vitesse were the only club in the group stages of the EL, but only managed to get 5 points in a group with Nice, Lazio and Zulte Waregem.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They did give them that, and they did miss

Story checks out

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Horrible year indeed..

* Ajax got thrown out of the UCL qualifiers by Nice and then didnt make the group stages of the EL either losing a qualifier to Rosenborg
* PSV got eliminated the in the qualifiers for the EL by losing to Osijek
* Feyenoord was in the Champions League, but only managed to get 3 points in a group with Napoli, Shaktar and City.
* FC Utrecht got eliminated in the qualifiers for the EL by Zenit
* Vitesse were the only club in the group stages of the EL, but only managed to get 5 points in a group with Nice, Lazio and Zulte Waregem.
It's like a piece of performance art everyone doing their bit to create something special. :drool:

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
It's like a piece of performance art everyone doing their bit to create something special. :drool:
Yeah, PSV and AJAX not being in Europe group-stages was quite bizarre.. The year after in 18/19 they were both in the Champions League..

PoTMS

Shakhtar vs Monaco has been pretty tasty so far. Monaco turning things around tonight. Getting rid of away goals is a good idea IMO.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Shakhtar vs Monaco has been pretty tasty so far. Monaco turning things around tonight. Getting rid of away goals is a good idea IMO.
I keep forgetting the away goals thing. Agree it makes for a better match as this one would pretty much be over anyway if away goals rule was still there

PoTMS

Shakhtar score and it's all square on aggregate now. Only one winner from here. Monaco really should have finished this by now.