Question Time & This Week

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Yep, my PFI empire is soccessful that i'm lying on a beach as i type. ;) Honestly though, you could have made at least one attempt at answering my one question to you.

Did you go in the end?
No, it was raining and I'm still getting over that horrid strain of cold doing the rounds, so I also thought, well, there's always next year.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Public education campaigns
Long term or immediate? Let's consider what the winter of 2018/19 could be like: would you discourage people from attending their GP surgery with non-urgent complaints, might you suggest that family could look out for their loved ones following surgeryu or illness e.t.c.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Long term or immediate? Let's consider what the winter of 2018/19 could be like: would you discourage people from attending their GP surgery with non-urgent complaints, might you suggest that family could look out for their loved ones following surgeryu or illness e.t.c.
You want people to recover from surgery at home surrounded by people who don't know anything about medicine? Which people are we talking about here? People who would currently be kept under observation in hospital? Or do you think people just currently don't care about their families but will start if the government tells them they should?

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Short term money, long term public education campaigns, more money for gps as they should be the first port of call, try to shift some traffic pharmacies way.
If you have the flu I don't see why Pharmacists couldnt prescribe medicine

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
You want people to recover from surgery at home surrounded by people who don't know anything about medicine? Which people are we talking about here? People who would currently be kept under observation in hospital? Or do you think people just currently don't care about their families but will start if the government tells them they should?
Not every patient requires the ongoing care of staff in a general hospital, a fact of which you are well aware. Some don't would rathe state handle it, others fear taking a hit in the pocket but would otherwise be open to the idea. In the case of he latter, the Government should subsidise heir leave of absence to compensate.

this is a great way of postponing a diagnosis and killing people
So GPs are under strain and you want Sniffle McSilva or Nick with a sty on his eye to be clogging up the system? 'Loving our NHS' isn't a ticket to be unthinking when interacting with it.

Silva

So GPs are under strain and you want Sniffle McSilva or Nick with a sty on his eye to be clogging up the system? 'Loving our NHS' isn't a ticket to be unthinking when interacting with it.
All the name calling in the world isn't going to make your irresponsible advice better. Not only is it bad advice for peoples wellbeing, but a late diagnosis for something serious will require more intense treatment and put a greater strain on the health services.

Dobba

All the name calling in the world isn't going to make your irresponsible advice better. Not only is it bad advice for peoples wellbeing, but a late diagnosis for something serious will require more intense treatment and put a greater strain on the health services.
Then Nick and co get to moan all over again about it costing too much. Win win for them.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
What name calling?

So you advocate people attending their GP when they don't need to, not only during a 'crisis' situation but in the midst of a particularly challenging flu season. But hey, i'm the selfish Tory around here.

Silva

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
What name calling?

So you advocate people attending their GP when they don't need to, not only during a 'crisis' situation but in the midst of a particularly challenging flu season. But hey, i'm the selfish Tory around here.
Gps are the places they should first attend, that is there reason for being

Silva

You've misconstrued a fairly common sense point so as to pursue an argument that didn't exist
This supposedly common point has a very high human price. "oh it's just a cough", "just a nosebleed", "a little heartburn" and next thing you know, you're burying that person. That's why people who study medicine will tell you that early diagnosis is key for long-term wellbeing. And it's why women have lower avoidable death rates, because fewer of them are ignoring what their body is saying with these tiny inconveniences.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Scottish episode. Former Tory Secretary of State handing David a tenner for his analogy and getting booed by the audience.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What name calling?

I think the thing you’re missing is that when you look at it on a macro level, which is the only way you can look at these things when doing any sort of analysis, you have to factor in the fact that a percentage of people will use the system superfluously. That’s almost impossible to avoid so it has to be factored in.

The flip side is the scenarios where people avoid getting medical attention because they can’t afford it (in a non-single payer country with insufficient healthcare and can’t afford it) or they don’t think it’s serious enough and it ends up either being too late or at a more advanced stage which ends up costing a lot more money than early stage treatment would.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Tory is absolutely shite. They've all been fairly naff to be honest. Was hoping they'd discussed the OFA which is a fairly interesting and relevant Scottish issue but that'd involve about three of the panel pretending to know stuff about Scottish politics so probably won't happen.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
10 years of it. A decade of Tory austerity. When is it going to end.
Even had people still citing the old Labour government. Little attention of course on the fact the Tories haven't delivered that budget surplus like they planned to and find it perfectly acceptable to spend large sums of money when it benefits them.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Even had people still citing the old Labour government. Little attention of course on the fact the Tories haven't delivered that budget surplus like they planned to and find it perfectly acceptable to spend large sums of money when it benefits them.
Their achievements have been an NHS on the brink of collapse, tuition fees, zero hour contracts, Scotland within a whisker of independence, and Brexit.

Domestically speaking, it's the worst post-war government in British history. Labour's major flaw was Iraq, and there were internal/domestic policies that were naive (immigration was not thought out properly with a view to assimilation), but this Tory government is enough to drive you to depression.

Vote the bastards out.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It started at 500k per week then rose to 650k per week by the end of the question. Impressive.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It started at 500k per week then rose to 650k per week by the end of the question. Impressive.
I can obviously understand the reservations considering it's an absurd amount of money (even when tallied correctly) but there does always seem to be a disproportionate amount of rage towards footballers compared to actors, musicians etc. Always has been.

Sweet Square

I can obviously understand the reservations considering it's an absurd amount of money (even when tallied correctly) but there does always seem to be a disproportionate amount of rage towards footballers compared to actors, musicians etc. Always has been.
I think it comes down to it's still relatively affordably to at least see a movie these days( I would say there is some backlash at some musicians although the problem seems to be with people selling the tickets 2nd hand for huge amounts), where as with football the players are getting paid more and the prices of tickets keep rising.

Also the connection football supporters has with players who play for their club is always deeper than the connection most people have with actors(And possible sometimes more than musicians)

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We even made QT and of course it had to be an idiotically unrealistic number. I never heard people complaining about Rooney stealing a living for us.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think it comes down to it's still relatively affordably to at least see a movie these days( I would say there is some backlash at some musicians although the problem seems to be with people selling the tickets 2nd hand for huge amounts), where as with football the players are getting paid more and the prices of tickets keep rising.

Also the connection football supporters has with players who play for their club is always deeper than the connection most people have with actors(And possible sometimes more than musicians)
Aye, a lot of that is admittedly true. Although I do still think a fair bit of the criticism is disproportionate.

Sweet Square

Aye, a lot of that is admittedly true. Although I do still think a fair bit of the criticism is disproportionate.
Yeah the debate seems mostly about stopping the footballer get paid that amount of money, it would be a far better discussion if we where talking about how to lower ticket prices and increase fans engagement with clubs. And yeah it does the criticism is disproportionate, considering players are most responsible to how much money the club makes(Ed Woodward can only make these soul crushing tractor sponsorships deal due to Pogba's passing) and that their career pretty much over in their late 30's.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Absolute melt in the audience shouting 'Brexit is Brexit' can just feck off. No, it isn't an at all simple process.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Ginger beard needs a slap.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Did you buy more REQ? Dunno if I want to swap ETH for it in jittery markets:nervous:
Aye, went all in for tomorrow. Horrible timing for the dip once again!

I’ve been looking following their GitHub for the last month and there was a lot of commits today. They’ve cleaned up their code, repacked the modules into one repo and published a couple of them.

It’s still at the alpha stage but I think tomorrow’s announcement is going to be that they are about ready for an audit and I also think they’re going to be one of the coins launched on Kyber.

I’m expecting/hoping that we will see it around +30% tomorrow evening but it’s impossible to guess with it being so tied to BTC’s movement.

John Mann wants robots replacing immigrants?!
:lol: I could kinda see his point but he struggled to make it.

No surprises here that Ginger beard is going after women who cry rape.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Aye, went all in for tomorrow. Horrible timing for the dip once again!

I’ve been looking following their GitHub for the last month and there was a lot of commits today. They’ve cleaned up their code, repacked the modules into one repo and published a couple of them.

It’s still at the alpha stage but I think tomorrow’s announcement is going to be that they are about ready for an audit and I also think they’re going to be one of the coins launched on Kyber.

I’m expecting/hoping that we will see it around +30% tomorrow evening but it’s impossible to guess with it being so tied to BTC’s movement.

:lol: I could kinda see his point but he struggled to make it.

No surprises here that Ginger beard is going after women who cry rape.
I'm tempted to double down on it, but I need to do it now cos I'm knackered. Any idea when the announcement is due?

Jeez this is pretty grim.