Rúben Dias - FWA Footballer of the Year

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I said that earlier myself. Apart from him none of them look anywhere near their level at their clubs.
But isn't Pep overrated and only does it cause he has the best players?

Eddy_JukeZ

I said that earlier myself. Apart from him none of them look anywhere near their level at their clubs.
It's certainly compelling when you think about it.

Even Aguero was often subpar for Argentina too.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Not the guy with 41k posts talking about having anything better to do.

I have no clue what you post like in general but when it comes to City topics you get awfully sensitive about them and easily stand out for the bollocks you spout. When challenged with good points you resort to silly sarcastic posts just as you've done in this very thread.
I don't follow people around and police their posts. I'm more of a "live and let live poster".

Except when it comes to sad saps that again run my posts through a cluster script. Weirdo.

MrEleson

40 year old Pepe is still a superior defender to him in every way.

Withnail

I think it's more to do with what Rooney was saying about Foden. They are so used to Pep's system that it's hard for them to adapt to international football which has to me more off the cuff as you don't have the time to implement a really sophisticated prescriptive system.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
What's this 'cluster script' nonsense all about?
Me being kind by assuming that he's not sad enough to go through my posts one by one figuring out what I post about, and is instead running my posts through some automated script that segregates my posts into topic clusters. The latter is sad, yet impressive (he could work for Niall probably)

Withnail

Me being kind by assuming that he's not sad enough to go through my posts one by one figuring out what I post about, and is instead running my posts through some automated script that segregates my posts into topic clusters. The latter is sad, yet impressive (he could work for Niall probably)
You know he could have just been in the same threads and thought he spotted a pattern, rather than actively trawling.

Trequarista10

Fair point.

The very best players are rarely transferred (aside from their first transfer if they start at a small club) so it's not like City are going out and buying Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldos. But they do consistently buy very good players. Mahrez for example isn't top bracket but he was one of the PL's most sought players when at Leicester, and has been a good player used in rotation at City. Certainly Pep coaches the side very well to get the best out of the team, although could also argue that he buys players who will fit his style of player so understandably they may comparatively underperform for their national sides where the players may be suited to other styles of play.