R-E-S-P-E-C-T

buckooo1978

heartwarming tribute to Aretha Franklin from Mourinho - not sure how people have missed this

SER19

Only problem is there's that thing called the Mourinho 3rd season syndrome yknow? It's happened before and it's happening again.
Thats not how life or sports works in my opinion and fans getting pent up over history and press narratives doesn't help. Doesn't he always win the title 2nd time? Doesnt ibrahimovich win the title everywhere he goes? These things are mildly amusing side points.

SER19

Let's get Pochettino then if he can get better players on a fraction of our budget. If Spurs still have a better squad then that is monumental failure on Mourinho's part after spending 430m.
Too simplified a take on things. Not saying i agree with the initial poster but there are many many reasons why we could spend 430m and not be able to compete.

SER19

Yet again, he defends HIMSELF and not the club.

I know he's human and all, but it is beyond irritating.

Did they poison him at Madrid? It's honestly incredible how much of a changed man he is since then. Barely looks like he enjoys football since then.

The siege mentality is now him vs everyone else. And not the club + himself vs everyone else.

He should take a sabbatical honestly.
He said lots of positive things about the players, fans and unity. Did you not see or read that or are you choosing to ignore?

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Let's get Pochettino then if he can get better players on a fraction of our budget. If Spurs still have a better squad then that is monumental failure on Mourinho's part after spending 430m.
No. It's the CLUB's failure.

Finger pointing and playing a blame game is pointless.

Everyone needs to own their own shit.

It's as clear as day that there's a disconnect between the people that run the business side of the club, and those that are supposed to run the football side of the club.

Acknowledging that is healthy. Pretending that there is only one problem at the club is ridiculous.

Siorac

Too simplified a take on things. Not saying i agree with the initial poster but there are many many reasons why we could spend 430m and not be able to compete.
Competing is one thing, having an inferior squad to Spurs is quite another.

I don't think we do though.

Jacob

That will unfortunately only add to the media's meltdown agenda.

VP

The man's an embarrassment. Dragging the club into mud with his shite football and tantrums.

Siorac

No. It's the CLUB's failure.

Finger pointing and playing a blame game is pointless.

Everyone needs to own their own shit.

It's as clear as day that there's a disconnect between the people that run the business side of the club, and those that are supposed to run the football side of the club.

Acknowledging that is healthy. Pretending that there is only one problem at the club is ridiculous.
There isn't only one problem but Mourinho is a massive part of the problem. He hasn't spent well, he's not coaching the team well and we still have no discernible style or identity in his third season.

On the club's side, we do need more long term planning and strategic recruitment as opposed to just buying and buying. Not spending huge amounts on the likes of Willian is good in itself but it needs to be part of some actual plan.

SER19

Me neither. But in any case spurs have been slowly building a good squad, lost walker for example and replaced with trippier. In these years that spurs have been developing with what looks like a direction weve had woodward making it up as he goes along. Di maria falcao depay schweinsteiger then saying no to other targets

UnrelatedPsuedo

Spurs have better players. It's close. But they do.

If for no other reason than they have consistent players.

It's a hugely controversial suggestion but I believe that Bailly and Lindelof are as good as Sanchez. Their performances are worlds apart. The same rings true for Rose-Shaw, Son-Martial, Alli-Sanchez, as well as some less obvious round-peg square-hole comparisons you could trot out.

That's the crap I fault Jose for. But it's not a simple problem.

Bestietom

We were still passing the ball backwards when we were 2-0 down ffs. His football is outdated, time to move on.

Siorac

Spurs have better players. It's close. But they do.

If for no other reason than they have consistent players.

It's a hugely controversial suggestion but I believe that Bailly and Lindelof are as good as Sanchez. Their performances are worlds apart. The same rings true for Rose-Shaw, Son-Martial, Alli-Sanchez, as well as some less obvious round-peg square-hole comparisons you could trot out.

That's the crap I fault Jose for. But it's not a simple problem.
Then it's not that their players are more talented, have more ability etc. but that they are performing better. Not being able to get the best out of players have been a theme for a while now.

dogwithabone

We were still passing the ball backwards when we were 2-0 down ffs. His football is outdated, time to move on.
You are allowed to pass the ball backwards and sometimes it's the ball to play. It isn't basketball. To call it outdated just because we sometimes took the safest option and played a ball backwards as opposed to losing it in a dangerous area is ridiculous.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Then it's not that their players are more talented, have more ability etc. but that they are performing better. Not being able to get the best out of players have been a theme for a while now.
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertongen
Dembele
Alli
Eriksen
Kane

All 7 WALK into our side.

I'm highlighting areas that Jose is at fault for. Everyone knows that Spurs have plenty of great players.

Their squad is shallower. But their first 11 rivals City's and is better than Liverpools.

Bestietom

You are allowed to pass the ball backwards and sometimes it's the ball to play. It isn't basketball. To call it outdated just because we sometimes took the safest option and played a ball backwards as opposed to losing it in a dangerous area is ridiculous.
No I am not calling what we done last night as outdated, mate. I am travelling back and forward to all home games, and I can see that we have regressed as a football team. Playing the Mourinho way is outdated, same as LVG was. If you cannot see this you are not seeing what most of the fans are seeing when or if you go to games.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertongen
Dembele
Alli
Eriksen
Kane

I'm highlighting areas that Jose is at fault for. Everyone knows that Spurs have plenty of great players.

Their squad is shallower. But their first 11 rivals City's and is better than Liverpools.
Good post as very true apart from Dembele perhaps and their tier two players are much better than our ones also -Rojo Darmain Lindelof Jones Lingard Herrera Mata none would get near a regular start for spurs.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertongen
Dembele
Alli
Eriksen
Kane

Wanyama, Son, Sanchez and Aurier would probably walk into our side too... and Moura on yesterdays performance.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Good post as very true apart from Dembele perhaps and their tier two players are much better than our ones also -Rojo Darmain Lindelof Jones Lingard Herrera Mata none would get near a regular start for spurs.
Dembele (in principle) is far better than Matic or Fred, whichever role you ask him to play. His hip makes me completely wrong. But he's the better player.

Spurs would love to have the likes of Rojo, Jones, Lingard, Herrera, Mata in their squad. They can't afford to pay that much to benchwarmers. We can.

If Spurs kept their key 14 players and took 9 of our reserves to fill a 23 man squad they'd be challenging City.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Alex Ferguson.
What I didn’t do as a manager all my life was look back at things we’d achieved. I never did that, ever, because I didn’t think it was important. I always thought tomorrow was the most important day. That way there was always a challenge for myself. Win something – it didn’t matter, it was gone. Are we going to win something again? That was my attitude as a football manager.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Wanyama, Son, Sanchez and Aurier would probably walk into our side too... and Moura on yesterdays performance.
I disagree. That's wandering into hyperbole.

We have better players than those 4.

Moura I would concede. Because : Obvipus reasons.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That was embarrassing for both himself and the club. Fergie used to have a go at journalists too but no one came out of those pressers suppressing laughter at the desperation.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
I disagree. That's wandering into hyperbole.

We have better players than those 4.

Moura I would concede. Because : Obvipus reasons.
Sanchez is currently better then all our CB's apart from maybe Smalling? maybe... Aurier is a better RB then Valencia, Son is a cracking winger who has shown way more in 2018 then Sanchez has for us... and Wanyama could give Matic a run for his money.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sanchez is currently better then all our CB's apart from maybe Smalling? maybe... Aurier is a better RB then Valencia, Son is a cracking winger who has shown way more in 2018 then Sanchez has for us... and Wanyama could give Matic a run for his money.
If those players were at United they wouldn't look at good as they are at Spurs, thats the fact you are missing out.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
If those players were at United they wouldn't look at good as they are at Spurs, thats the fact you are missing out.
Probably, but all we can go on is current level they are showing... and at their current level, they would.

Shiva87

The media are loving this. They are getting under Jose's skin and they will be having a field day with it. I don't understand how Jose isn't seeing that and taking the high road.

What we need is a few weeks of press shut down, no agents talking to media also. Jose should have a few monosyllabic pre and post match interviews and that's it.

It will shift the focus of the media elsewhere, and the team and manager can start building from there.

The media circus around the club right now is seriously hampering us. I could tell last night, that our heads were gone after 2-0 as a collective acceptance of we are totally fecked for the next week!

UnrelatedPsuedo

You're going over the top. Also not taking into account system, manager and what way the wind is blowing.

The facts make the point clearly enough.

Wayne's World

I think that's the end of him last night, I'm not sure If you can recover after that second half performance, it was pathetic

RedRover

He's losing the plot. It's about him and his brand - not the club.

He does nothing to help himself.

Ainu

Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertongen
Dembele
Alli
Eriksen
Kane

They would walk into our team because Pochettino is getting a lot more out of them than Mourinho is getting out of our players. I firmly believe Mourinho would get these same players performing like garbage and people would be saying the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Matic, etc would walk into our team.

UnrelatedPsuedo

They would walk into our team because Pochettino is getting a lot more out of them than Mourinho is getting out of our players. I firmly believe Mourinho would get these same players performing like garbage and people would be saying the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Matic, etc would walk into our team.
I don't think so. Pogba, Sanchez, De Gea, that's it. Martial too actually. Give Spurs those three and a half players and they run City close.
The club has issues.

Ainu

I don't think so. Pogba, Sanchez, De Gea, that's it. Martial too actually. Give Spurs those three and a half players and they run City close.
The club has issues.
Isn't that exactly my point? Give Spurs those players and Pochettino would get more out of them than Mourinho. The club does have issues but our biggest issue is that our manager is not doing a good job with the players available to him.