Rabbi Matondo

Champagne Football

Thought I'd start a thread. 18 year old right winger from Wales, now at Schalke. Clocked sprints faster than any first team player at Man City, including Leroy Sane, when he was there.

3 caps already for Wales at 18 years of age and scored his first Bundesliga goal recently. A regular scorer for City's academy teams. Likened to Raheem Sterling. Might be who we turn to for the right wing if Sancho rejects us.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
The one time I watched him he Torah-part the opposition fullback

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Can he shoot in the general direction of the goal?

King Andow

Great name, but can he go on a 20-game without scoring streak?

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t care how fast a player can run. Too many observers, including our current coach seem to think you can just assemble fast players and your team will be fast. Football doesn’t work like this. If we lined up the XI fastest men in the world as a football team, they would not be able to play ‘fast attacking football’ even if they tried.

Basically, I’m not that obsessed with a player’s speed. We need to move the ball quicker in order to obtain speed.

Classical Mechanic

I don’t care how fast a player can run. Too many observers, including our current coach seem to think you can just assemble fast players and your team will be fast. Football doesn’t work like this. If we lined up the XI fastest men in the world as a football team, they would not be able to play ‘fast attacking football’ even if they tried.

Basically, I’m not that obsessed with a player’s speed. We need to move the ball quicker in order to obtain speed.
Oliver Burke case in point.

GioF

I was always taught the ‘ball moves faster than the man’.
We need to be playing 1 and 2 touch football out of the back and central midfield so when we get the ball wide our attacker has space and room to attack.
Currently we take 8 and 10 touches before the ball is passed out wide at which point the defense shifts over and wen if Usain Bolt was playing as a winger he can’t sprint past 3 players