Race for top 4 | Finito.

BorisManUtd

Exactly, and the way the schedule is and the fact that Rashford is having to play every single game is going to tell at some point.

Have a feeling that Liverpool are going to sneak into the top 4. Everyone is dropping points ahead of them. Key players back in the squad after injury. If they win their games in hand they're only 6 pts off Newcastle or 8 off United. Of course, they're not very good, but I think they're still capable with a bit of the usual scouse luck of winning say 4 out of the next 5 and being right in the mix.
They have (on paper) quite an easy schedule from mid-April (last 8 games) so it's all about what they do until then against teams like Newcastle, us, City, Arsenal. And vs Everton tonight of course.

But no doubt - both Chelsea and Liverpool won't think it's undoable looking at Spurs (especially with their recent injuries) and Newcastle dropping lots of points lately. It's all about if they can start playing and winning games.

eire-red

Big difference for me this season is the lack of those momentum-killing draws. We've had Newcastle at home, Palace away and Leeds at home. Those dropped points were hard to take, but there's definitely less of that this season.

Take Newcastle for example. Of their 10 draws this season, if they threw the kitchen sink in the last 15 mins and lose 5, but maybe win the other 5, it's still 5 more points on the table. I feel like there's a bit more of that about us this season, being able to go on and win games in the second half and close out the game.

I don't think Newcastle have that belief quite yet, and it's why I don't think they'll finish top 4. We should be comfortable I think.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fantastic results for us so far - Arsenal reclaim first (momentarily preventing the perception City will run away with it), and City drop 3 points. A win tomorrow and we are 5 points off the lead, which is pretty good position to be in given that the top 2 are randomly dropping points of late.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If Arse hadn't pulled that jam out at the end, we could have been within 3 points of the top. Still feels a long way to reach Arse but if the scousers don't do anything stupid against Newcastle, we'll have a near 2-game cushion to 4th and more to 5th

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think Pool will stumble into top four by virtue of being less shit than Spurs and Newcastle likely imploding.

Better for the league if the Saudi's don't get top four, would prefer if it wasn't Pool ahead of 'em though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool were always going to have a big chance as Newcastle can barely score a goal and were relying on their now slightly crumbling defence.
Pencil thin squad too.

Tottenham are never keeping Liverpool out eithre.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think Pool will stumble into top four by virtue of being less shit than Spurs and Newcastle likely imploding.

Better for the league if the Saudi's don't get top four, would prefer if it wasn't Pool ahead of 'em though.
Yep, Liverpool get top 4 then get a proper takeover themselves is the worst combo.

redshaw

Newcastle looking on the ropes. Will probably do a Leicester or West Ham and let back in one of the usual suspects for 4th spot.

SouthMancRed

Cheimoon's Fault
Don't know what's worse for Newcastle, having their keeper sent off following an embarrassing muck up or letting Nunez and Gakpo both score against you.

PS - Comms saying Pope's out of the Final and so is Dubravka as he was cup tied playing for United! 3rd choice keeper at Wembley it is.

Blood Mage

Liverpool will surge back up the table just as they did in 20/21. You can never write Klopp off.

cyberman

Liverpool are absolute shit. This isn’t even a good performance.
We have them next in the league after Sunday and we’ll bury them

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Liverpool will surge back up the table just as they did in 20/21. You can never write Klopp off.
Because they are a better coach and more talented side than their current table position. I doubt they make top 4 given that Spurs and Newcastle will have something to say about it and Pool have lost 3 of their past 5 games. If they can reel of about 3 or 4 wins in a row then that would obviously change things.

always_hoping

Don't know what's worse for Newcastle, having their keeper sent off following an embarrassing muck up or letting Nunez and Gakpo both score against you.

PS - Comms saying Pope's out of the Final and so is Dubravka as he was cup tied playing for United! 3rd choice keeper at Wembley it is.
Damn was hoping Dubravka would play, he's dreadful.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Liverpool in with a big chance now. Probably favourite for the 4th spot. Players coming back from injury and nice run of fixtures to coming up. No room for slipping up for us.

cyberman

They're 6 points behind a wobbling Newcastle with a game in hand
No room slipping up for us from mister miserable is the standout line.
It’s a bad result when the team directly below us in Spurs beats City
It’s a bad result for us when the team directly below us loses v Liverpool.
I don’t even know what a good result should be anymore

RedBanker

I love you Ole
That joker Martinez gifted points to Arse today. Would have been so much better otherwise.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Liverpool in with a big chance now. Probably favourite for the 4th spot. Players coming back from injury and nice run of fixtures to coming up. No room for slipping up for us.
I watched the first half and they still look shit, how Newcastle didn’t score a few I don’t know

cyberman

I still can't believe how some people wrote Liverpool off.
They are playing like complete shit v 10 men as you posted this.
There is nothing to suggest they can go on a run. In fact Rashford should murder them in a few week s

Liverpool can't win 9 in a row

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
They are fortunate that they are competing against two pretty average sides in Spurs and Newcastle.
Because they look past the name and watch them play.
They are playing like complete shit v 10 men as you posted this.
There is nothing to suggest they can go on a run. In fact Rashford should murder them in a few week s
Nevertheless how dodgy they play this season, between them, Spurs and Newcastle they are biggest favorite to catch top 4.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No room slipping up for us from mister miserable is the standout line.
It’s a bad result when the team directly below us in Spurs beats City
It’s a bad result for us when the team directly below us loses v Liverpool.
I don’t even know what a good result should be anymore
From the same poster that said Brighton losing today was 'a great result for us'. You're right, you don't have a clue even when you were right for once.

BorisManUtd

Ideally for me it's us and Spurs that finish top 4.

Thing is that Newcastle have started dropping points regularly and Spurs don't look great either and have few important players injured for long periods. Liverpool now have van Dijk, Jota and Firmino back and think they'll be sure they can finish in top 4. They don't have tough set of fixtures left either.