Race for top 4 | Finito.

Ludens the Red

Not really. Wrapping it up with two games to go is pretty comfortable
Mathematically we haven’t. If we lose to Chelsea it will officially go to the final day and if we don’t technically the earliest it can be wrapped up is with a game to spare. Which is definitely not comfortable considering we were about 500 points above them in March.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Not really. Wrapping it up with two games to go is pretty comfortable
We haven't wrapped it up. We still need a result in our 37th fixture tbf.

I think given how poor a lot of the big boys have been we have definitely made it harder than it needed to be. Our hectic schedule probably the biggest reason.

Just get it sealed midweek and avoid any last day nerves please. Then we can pray for a performance and result at Wembley

Redlyn

The media will make this into something huge. Klopp wining every trophy bandwagon will be in full swing.
Make what into something huge. Finishing 5th?
The tweet is from a parody account by the way.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
The media will make this into something huge. Klopp wining every trophy bandwagon will be in full swing.
So now your moaning we didn’t make the CL? You think the media are ON our side for making the Europa League? What next

cyberman

We haven't wrapped it up. We still need a result in our 37th fixture tbf.

I think given how poor a lot of the big boys have been we have definitely made it harder than it needed to be. Our hectic schedule probably the biggest reason.

Just get it sealed midweek and avoid any last day nerves please. Then we can pray for a performance and result at Wembley
We’re on for 75 points. It really hasn’t been that hard to be honest.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
My point is that you are making out it would be preposterous that such an inconsistent team would not win all their remaining games when they were ultimately one goal away from winning their final 9 games.
But that wasn't my point, at all. I never said it was preposterous, I said that when people were proclaiming wildly that they would about five games ago that it was a ridiculous statement to make about such an inconsistent team. Yeah, they came close, but they still didn't do it. We, as expected, got top four pretty comfortably. And even if they had won every single game, it wouldn't matter, because we are such a strong team at home and our points average so far this season has shown that it was never remotely likely to be enough unless there was a subsequent collapse from us. But still, everyone on here went mental. Liverpool will win everything, we'll lose loads, fecking doomsday!

Ultimately we have always been in control of our own destiny when it comes to top four and yet on here you'd swear at various points that one of Spurs, Brighton, or then Pool were going to somehow usurp us to it. Madness.

cyberman

One more goal yesterday and they would have done
I mean if we’re going to start giving them goals then why not?!
Liverpool came out of yesterday lucky they got a draw. They should have conceded 2/3 and lost

NYAS

Who are you? Another who 'ignores' me.

Are you referring to a post where someone called me a 'Nostradamus' and I replied saying "my betting account says otherwise".

Comprehension not your strong point is it.

Although the prediction was West Ham win, Rice man of the match, so..
I was referring to you coming in here after every Liverpool win acting all billy big bollocks talking shite about them winning every game until the end of the season. You were wrong and I’m calling you out for it.

People are talking about you for a reason. And it’s not because they’ve seen the millions in your betting account.

Just take the loss and move on. Very strange that you’re still digging in. No shame.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I was referring to you coming in here after every Liverpool win acting all billy big bollocks talking shite about them winning every game until the end of the season. You were wrong and I’m calling you out for it.

People are talking about you for a reason. And it’s not because they’ve seen the millions in your betting account.

Just take the loss and move on. Very strange that you’re still digging in. No shame.
I quoted exactly what you said. You're referring to an imaginary post where I've said I've got load of money in a betting account. What on earth are you on about?! :lol: These 'calling me out' posts get funnier.

Here's a couple of the posts where I was presumably 'acting all billy big bollocks' about Liverpool:

No one said it's an easy feat. It's unlikely. It just makes me laugh that certain posters always talk in certainties, even after making similar hilariously wrong predictions before

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/top...s-of-bottling-it.457602/page-45#post-27204843
No because unlike many in this thread I understand probability and don't talk in certainties. I've never said Liverpool will win all of their games, merely argued with those that say they 'definitely won't'.

If you check most of my posts in this thread it's all arguing against similar posts talking in certainties but getting abuse for it from clowns that are consistently wrong.
Nice try but jog on now. Maybe go back to 'ignoring' me.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The twerking for Liverpool is mad. Once their inhalers run out they’ve been found out for the frauds they are.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Mathematically we haven’t. If we lose to Chelsea it will officially go to the final day and if we don’t technically the earliest it can be wrapped up is with a game to spare. Which is definitely not comfortable considering we were about 500 points above them in March.
Im aware of the maths, but the 500 point lead you refer to is why it was comfortable. We lost two league games back to back soon after drawing with Spurs, and the team on a massive winning streak still couldn't catch us. It was a little freakish that they even managed to get within touching distance.

NYAS

I quoted exactly what you said. You're referring to an imaginary post where I've said I've got load of money in a betting account. What on earth are you on about?! :lol: These 'calling me out' posts get funnier.

Here's a couple of the posts where I was presumably 'acting all billy big bollocks' about Liverpool:

Nice try but jog on now. Maybe go back to 'ignoring' me.
You have a new tagline I see. Clearly the mods are wrong. We are all wrong. We don’t understand probabilities. We are all clowns and only you are right. Hope you’ve enjoyed all the attention.

Leftback99

You have a new tagline I see. Clearly the mods are wrong. We are all wrong. We don’t understand probabilities. We are all clowns and only you are right. Hope you’ve enjoyed all the attention.
'Take the loss and move on'. Mug.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
The amount of people who were convinced such an inconsistent Liverpool team would win all their remaining games was fecking hilarious. Drama queens.
25 points out of 27 is pretty fecking close mate. No point acting intellectually superior.

Leftback99

25 points out of 27 is pretty fecking close mate. No point acting intellectually superior.
There was probably around a 97% chance that wouldn't win all 9 games but they called it right. Let them have their moment.

BorisManUtd

1 more point needed to secure top 4. Hopefully we can try get 3rd place if possible as well.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The twerking for Liverpool is mad. Once their inhalers run out they’ve been found out for the frauds they are.
But if recent history teaches you anything (well not you personally quite obviously) then Liverpool's new inhaler cycle kicks in the season after.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah a 1-0 rout, Varane or Shaw to score.
I think both Utd and Newcastle will comfortably beat Chelsea. Leaving them on 43 points for the season. I just checked and they were on 30 points after 21 games. Liverpool were a point behind them on 29. :lol:

Some silver lining in the final two games then. :)

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
I think both Utd and Newcastle will comfortably beat Chelsea. Leaving them on 43 points for the season. I just checked and they were on 30 points after 21 games. Liverpool were a point behind them on 29. :lol:

Some silver lining in the final two games then. :)
Liverpool have done brilliantly in last few weeks. Must be some comfort for you after a mixed season.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool have done brilliantly in last few weeks. Must be some comfort for you after a mixed season.
No comfort at all sadly. My season was over when we couldn't conceivably keep up with City back in October/November. :(

I've been waiting for next season since then.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
No comfort at all sadly. My season was over when we couldn't conceivably keep up with City back in October/November. :(

I've been waiting for next season since then.
I’m not sure anyone could keep up with City. A combination of an amazing manger and the required financial backing.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Still think Liverpool will get more than 3 points. I don’t trust us at all not to attack the referee against Fulham and be deducted 5 points. Long way to go.

cyberman

Gonna be great to have a consistent run of Saturday game days more than being in the CL itself.
2pm Sunday can feck right off

Member 101269

Arsenal lose, we win 6 points in it.. Arsenal fans still claiming they had a better season?

el3mel

The win against Bournemouth sealed it for us. Even without the Villa draw with Liverpool, this win was crucial for us to get the job done.

Enjoy EL, Liverpool.

Shiva87

Totally deserved to finish in the top 4 based on our home form. Impressive turnaround by Ten Hag.

he has overachieved this season, and if we can take the treble away from City -it would be icing on the cake.

Play the kids against Fulham! I want to see Mainoo, Iqbal, et al next game