Race for top 4 | Finito.

cyberman

Liverpool, Newcastle, Brighton, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds. But yeah, just making stuff up.
Are they tougher than we have faced already?
All you’re doing is quoting teams against me, only Arsenal have won more points than us away from home. West Ham? Leeds!
But you do you.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
6 points more than Spurs, 8 more than Brighton and Fulham (Brighton have played 1 game less), 10 more than Liverpool and Chelsea (Liverpool have played 1 game less).

We're in a good position, could've been even in better if not conceding late at Palace and Arsenal but it is what it is.

That is a concern but we're in a solid position atm. Play as we have so far and top 4 should be done without problems.
I like our chances to push both City and Arsenal all the way to the final few fixtures. Arse don't have an easy schedule and City will probably end up catching them. 3rd place, although not ideal, would be a massive improvement for year one of ETH.

always_hoping

6 points is the gap to 5th now (5 points if Brighton win their match in hand), load of work to do in the 2nd half of the season to finish top 4 yet and will have to be lucky with injuries and suspensions in order to get it.

Beating the teams your expected to beat and competitive against the best teams in the league will be huge progress from other seasons.

BorisManUtd

I like our chances to push both City and Arsenal all the way to the final few fixtures. Arse don't have an easy schedule and City will probably end up catching them. 3rd place, although not ideal, would be a massive improvement for year one of ETH.
Exactly, would like if players pushed to collect as many points as possible and build their confidence for next season.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
6 points is the gap to 5th now (5 points if Brighton win their match in hand), load of work to do in the 2nd half of the season to finish top 4 yet and will have to be lucky with injuries and suspensions in order to get it.

Beating the teams your expected to beat and competitive against the best teams in the league will be huge progress from other seasons.
We're much closer to City and Arsenal in terms of form than than of the clubs on the periphery of the top four at the moment. We're probably still playing better than any team in the league at the moment and would've smoked them if at home and/or with Casemiro available.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There’s still a long way to go but as much as I have been sceptical of those making out we’re a top team again and could challenge, I also don’t believe this is a team that will crumble after a couple of bad away games. I except we will make it comfortably.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Are they tougher than we have faced already?
All you’re doing is quoting teams against me, only Arsenal have won more points than us away from home. West Ham? Leeds!
But you do you.
Did I say they were? Comprehension not your strong point.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Gunna stick my neck and say I think today confirms that Arsenal will be playing in the UCL next season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We're much closer to City and Arsenal in terms of form than than of the clubs on the periphery of the top four at the moment. We're probably still playing better than any team in the league at the moment and would've smoked them if at home and/or with Casemiro available.
Disagree with the best team on form. The form team was and still is Arsenal. We were hanging for dear life at the end.

The best team in the league does not need to play at home to smoke anyone.

Mr. Robot

We will comfortably finish 4th. Plus we will have new owners by April. We also have one of the best managers in the league

Good times ahead.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Disagree with the best team on form. The form team was and still is Arsenal. We were hanging for dear life at the end.

The best team in the league does not need to play at home to smoke anyone.
I mean, they needed a deflection to beat us today at home and without our best midfielder. Form wise, we came into today as good as any team in the league after dispatching City.

cyberman

Did I say they were? Comprehension not your strong point.
Ok buddy, which of those games are tougher than the games we’ve faced?
What part of having the second most points away from home with a harder first half of the season worth of away games concerns you??
I’d love to know your thoughts on this, I really would.
Since we have played 8 out of the top 13 away from home already doesn’t that mean we have an advantage by taking them back to OT and pick them off one by one? Or is that too positive for your liking?
At what point do you pull being concerned about our home form from thin air to have something else to doom and gloom about? Is there a date set?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I mean, they needed a deflection to beat us today at home and without our best midfielder. Form wise, we came into today as good as any team in the league after dispatching City.
We look like we need an extra goal for the last 20 minutes because we're always hanging on for dear life.

This is not just Arsenal, btw. Wolves, Leicester, etc. We've not won by more than a goal away from home for absolute ages.

We lack any sort of threat up front when away from home. At home, it's different but we could use Sancho to breathe a bit of freshness into our lacklustre attack

Woziak

We are far more consistent than the teams you listed. Against Palace we should have won comfortably. Everything went against us in the game. It was one of those days.
Still feel that way, our squad needs more depth as we are in 4 competitions and we need to see after 24/25 games

Woziak

We will comfortably finish 4th. Plus we will have new owners by April. We also have one of the best managers in the league

Good times ahead.
let’s hope the new owners don’t have different ideas about the Manager ?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Not worried about top 4. Can't believe we're still behind Newcastle, and I don't think arsenal are 11 points and a game in hand better than us.

The Chelsea and palace results grind on me. Newcastle to an extent. The rest were pretty accurate.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
We look like we need an extra goal for the last 20 minutes because we're always hanging on for dear life.

This is not just Arsenal, btw. Wolves, Leicester, etc. We've not won by more than a goal away from home for absolute ages.

We lack any sort of threat up front when away from home. At home, it's different but we could use Sancho to breathe a bit of freshness into our lacklustre attack
We obviously lack goals, which is something the club would've weighed when releasing a guy with 700 career goals just before the WC (admittedly they had little option to do so after the interview). Other than that, there's really not enough quality in this side to match City and Arsenal with goal output, which would alleviate the need to hang on for dear life. Rashford, despite his excellent form, is not a peak RvN, RvP, or CR7 type goal machine, which is why we need a proper striker in the summer.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Our slim chances ended with Casemiro's booking and that late free kick for me. That was a sickening double whammy so late in the game
That was really bad for you, I was discussing in the Casemiro thread how United shouldn't take for granted 3 points in that game, as people were talking about resting so he could play against Arsenal. So right now it's more apparent the team lacks depth to challenge for the title, doing so would require massive luck in terms of having your best 11 available for the majority of the season.

cyberman

Not worried about top 4. Can't believe we're still behind Newcastle, and I don't think arsenal are 11 points and a game in hand better than us.

The Chelsea and palace results grind on me. Newcastle to an extent. The rest were pretty accurate.
The silly amount of draws below us helped us out for a free hit today. Between us and West Ham only Villa won from what I see.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Ok buddy, which of those games are tougher than the games we’ve faced?
What part of having the second most points away from home with a harder first half of the season worth of away games concerns you??
I’d love to know your thoughts on this, I really would.
Since we have played 8 out of the top 13 away from home already doesn’t that mean we have an advantage by taking them back to OT and pick them off one by one? Or is that too positive for your liking?
At what point do you pull being concerned about our home form from thin air to have something else to doom and gloom about? Is there a date set?
You're asking a question about something I haven't said for the second time and then talking nonsense for the rest. I'll leave it there before you derail the thread any more.

always_hoping

A few injuries and things could turn south very quickly. Keeping Casemiro fit and free from suspension plus a few other key players will decide United's place in the table this season.

BorisManUtd

Brighton also drew at Leicester 2-2 so that was a good result as well. Wouldn't mind if Fulham-Tottenham game tomorrow ends in a draw as well.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A few injuries and things could turn south very quickly. Keeping Casemiro fit and free from suspension plus a few other key players will decide United's place in the table this season.
This could be said of City and Arsenal as well, where losing the likes of Haaland or Saka could easily stall their league runs. The best we can do is continue playing as we have (9 wins on the trot prior to midweek) and hope for the best.

acnumber9

Played the top two home and away in our first 20 games. Get a bit of luck with injuries for the rest of the season and we should finish a comfortable enough 3rd. Lose Rashford or Casemiro and it’s anybody’s guess.

dove

Let's not forget we have already played twice against 2 league leaders. We are still in a very good position although should work on our GD, just in case.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Top four is nailed on as long as the team doesn’t drop off a cliff.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Liverpool, Newcastle, Brighton, Spurs, West Ham, Leeds. But yeah, just making stuff up.
Conversely we have 7 of the bottom 9 to play at home I think. Plus Brentford and Fulham. Plus we have played the two best teams twice.

We should be making top 4 easily enough given the position we are in and how bad the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool are.

InfiniteBoredom

We are good for top 4 sans a long term injury to Rashford imo. We’ve gotten our toughest fixtures out of the way, and only Liverpool/Brighton/Spurs away are the potential banana skins left. As long as we do the business against teams we should be beating, especially at home, we will be fine. None of Pool/Chelsea/Spurs looks capable of going on a run right now and Newcastle might drop off as well.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We are now favourites in all our remaining games, having played Arsenal and City twice - we should be okay.

always_hoping

This could be said of City and Arsenal as well, where losing the likes of Haaland or Saka could easily stall their league runs. The best we can do is continue playing as we have (9 wins on the trot prior to midweek) and hope for the best.
Not really both have better benches especially City and even if they have a bad patch they should still finish at least 3rd.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not really both have better benches especially City and even if they have a bad patch they should still finish at least 3rd.
They don't and certainly don't have anyone to make up for what the likes of Haaland contribute. Also, Arsenal are much shallower than people think.