Racism in Italy - even anti-racism is filled with racism

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
For some context, that letter isn't from the abusers...It's from his own fanbase. I guess it's their way of trying to protect their new signing.

There is no harm in the letter, even if it may not seem logical to some. The focus should be on the actual racist chanting.
But the fact they come out with this shit shows you why racism is a problem in Italy.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's like when I told my family off for saying they were getting a "Ch**ky" for tea and if I wanted any sweet and sour chicken. And their response was "we're only joking when we say that word".
Well it makes a change from Pigeons nicking chips!!!!1!!!

Signed,
Angry Rees-Mogg

tomaldinho1

That letter is about as ridiculous as you can get. Player subjected to racist chants and then is told they don't understand and shouldn't be offended...

'You have to understand...' repeated about 3 times implying he doesn't, mind boggling.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He's not really being unsympathetic - he's just pretending to be to help his team.
:lol:

And that letter from the ultras has basically exposed Inter and indeed the whole Italian FA. Their facade is no more.

Foxbatt

There is a lot of racism in many countries. England is not among the worst countries yet everyone has a go. The main reason is that UEFA is also racist as they only slap a small fine. If they start deducting points then it would certainly reduce.

bludsucker

Inappropriate Behavior
Good that we inserted a sell on clause in his contract then. He wont last there for more than a couple of seasons. Saw this coming a mile away. Why he wanted to go there when he couldn’t handle the 24 inch chant here is beyond me.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Good that we inserted a sell on clause in his contract then. He wont last there for more than a couple of seasons. Saw this coming a mile away. Why he wanted to go there when he couldn’t handle the 24 inch chant here is beyond me.
Are you posing a serious question?

He’s supposed to ‘handle,’ derogatory and racist chants? How about if the fecking idiots don’t actually chant the shit they do then we just might be able to move on.

Denis79

There is a lot of racism in many countries. England is not among the worst countries yet everyone has a go. The main reason is that UEFA is also racist as they only slap a small fine. If they start deducting points then it would certainly reduce.
Wouldn't change anything sadly, uneducated inbreds will continue to be uneducated inbreds.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol:

And that letter from the ultras has basically exposed Inter and indeed the whole Italian FA. Their facade is no more.
What facade? :lol:

Btw, this is very understandable, fair even. I mean, they're just defending their right to be racist assholes. If they admit that this is indeed racism and cagliari get punished with playing behind closed doors for a few games than they won't be able to be racist to the next opposing black player unless they're willing to miss a few home games, which they generally don't want to(it's an actual revenue loss for them, too, afterall!) :rolleyes:

This will go the usual way. Authorities will recognize that racism happened, then do feck all about it on the basis that it was "a few imbeciles and we can't punish cagliati and thousands of normal match going fans for the actions of those few, and if we did they'd win". A couple of them will be identified and get long stadium bans, the FA pays lip service(it's already started!) and life will go on like there's nothing wrong

Salvini is projected at near 40% if we went to elections right now. We're the florida of europe

Gazza

This is my final post of the day, but it appears that I need to make it clear that I have absolutely no problem with the player leaving United. Also, I shouldn't need to stress that the player is in no way to blame for the abuse he has suffered. This is obvious. My point was that as a high profile black player moving to Italy, he must have known that there was a significant chance that this was going to happen. I'm not at all condoning it. I simply don't understand why he would move there in the first place.
I mean yeah why did Rosa Parks get on that bus when she knew she’d be discriminated against? Her own fault, is what you’re effectively saying.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
This comment describes how non-sense and pointless Demba Ba is. Forgot even that he ever existed as player.

Irrational.

This comment describes how non-sense and pointless Demba Ba is. Forgot even that he ever existed as player.
Dafuq?

He was responsible for arguably one of the greatest moments- denying Liverpool the league after robbing Slippy G. That in itself makes him go down in folklore to me.

vangagal

These comment really beyond pathetic.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
For some context, that letter isn't from the abusers...It's from his own fanbase. I guess it's their way of trying to protect their new signing.

There is no harm in the letter, even if it may not seem logical to some. The focus should be on the actual racist chanting.
His own fanbase admitting that they do it to players of other clubs makes them racists.

They're not trying to protect him. They're asking to keep quiet and let things be, basically 'take one for the team'

pascell

It's a real shame that posts can't be "disliked" more than once.
I really wish someone would delete some of them. I know everyone's entitled to their opinion but they're just showing themselves up big time.

Claiming Lukaku is naive and knew what he was getting into with regards to the racism is absolutely mind boggling, no words for it.

Racism is racism, there's no sugar coating it. Racism needs taking out of the game and those in power from social media outlets to Football Associations need to make sure it does.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
It's been going on for years over there and that's because the clubs and their FA don't give a toss about racism and neither do UEFA for that matter. What will work is a sporting boycott! England, France, South America and Africa could start the ball rolling by saying they'll refuse to play against Italy or take part in tournaments with them.

OL29

No sympathy for him whatsoever. Rightly or wrongly (and let's be honest, it is very wrong) he knew, or at least should have known, what he was getting himself into when he agreed to go to Italy. I can't work out if it's pure naivety on his part, or whether he just considered any potential racial abuse to be a small obstacle in the search for big money and Champions League football.
Jokers.

Kammy26

So is racism towards black players or even just black people in general fairly common in Italy??

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, but not just white against non-whites, as it all too often portrayed. There's been awful trouble in South Africa over the past few weeks with Nigerian's being targeted and attacked and their shops looted.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Of course there's harm in the letter. It's an attempt to normalise racism. They explicitly say that they themselves have "acted" racist in the past, and they probably will in the future - it's just their way of being good supporters. And they need Lukaku's help to continue to be allowed to do that, otherwise all those do-gooders in Northern Europe might get them in trouble.

So is racism towards black players or even just black people in general fairly common in Italy??
Racist attitudes are common, racist actions are mostly reserved for places where they've decided it's ok (like stadiums). Although there's a concern that might change if Salvini wields enough influence.

Last edited:

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Black Players should stand up for each other during the match, not after the match.

If for example Sterling is getting racially abused by United fans at Old Trafford, I expect Pogba, Rashford etc, to say feck it, this is not worth it, and walk away and abandon the match. But these guys never do it, they'd rather respect people and organisations that don't respect em. Racism is just waay to important than finishing a football match.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Racist attitudes are common, racist actions are mostly reserved for places where they've decided it's ok (like stadiums). Although there's a concern that might change if Salvini wields enough influence.
Is that the equivalent of Trump or Bolsonaro in Italy?

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Err.. He was not a pointless striker, people remember him either fondly or with absolute hatred. Just ask chelsea, city, united and/or liverpool fans.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
The letter not only justifying a stupid phenomena it also casually dismissive of a horrible trend. It lacked self awareness. Irresponsible act. The club should condemn the letter and say its absolutely not fecking okay to be anywhere even near that standard.

VJ1762

Racism has been a problem in Italy forever has it not? Balotelli spoke about it a few years back. And most recently, didn't Chiellini say in the media that it was Kean's fault or something?I hope for Lukaku's sake he performs better at Inter.

I think racism is a common problem around the world. For eg, Indians protest against racial attacks in other countries(rightfully so) but we are pretty racist ourselves. People I know use the N word pretty liberally, and call east asian people as 'chinky'. It's pretty racist, but they laugh it off as humour. And Indians(whether North or South) are so enamoured with being fair that dark skinned people are the butt of the jokes in Indian society. Then you have 'gaijin' in Japan, Uighurs in china, and apparently there is a lot of colorism even in the African American community. I think we are all a long way off from treating everyone equally.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The sad truth is even if we were all the same color, we'd find a way to hate each other. People are simply tribal by nature and that will never change. The only thing that can be done is to stamp it out in sports and drown it out on social media but that's gonna be very difficult, especially if the federation doesn't seem to understand how to tackle the problem.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Is that the equivalent of Trump or Bolsonaro in Italy?
Yes quite similar, former media personality tapping into society's discontent and stoking their fears and dislike of outsiders, with no real political ideology.

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
Dafuq?

He was responsible for arguably one of the greatest moments- denying Liverpool the league after robbing Slippy G. That in itself makes him go down in folklore to me.
He is probably an Italian and only care about Serie A.

Demba Ba is a Premier League 'legend' for me. At least more legendary than Eboue.

We'll never forget Demba Ba.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Demba Ba should be concerned of what’s happening where he lives now instead of bashing and attacking another country that he has no clue about. Ask to Germain Mbeh about racism in Turkey or the racism suffered by Pogba, Sterling, Abrahm or other players from Epl online....

Fluctuation0161

Of course there is harm. His own clubs supporters are not backing him over their racist chanting.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's a real shame that posts can't be "disliked" more than once.
A couple of seriously fecked up posts so far. "No harm in the letter" :houllier:

Demba Ba should be concerned of what’s happening where he lives now instead of bashing and attacking another country that he has no clue about. Ask to Germain Mbeh about racism in Turkey or the racism suffered by Pogba, Sterling, Abrahm or other players from Epl online....
Damn, just because he doesn't mention them other countries, he shouldn't talk about Italy ?