Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Some of you are funny.

The joke that so many fans still think he'll make it if he's given a chance is so old now. The real joke here is you people who clearly don't rate him anymore (mostly justified, yes) but still feel the need to constantly come in here and make fun of and almost berate a player who still plays for this club.

My opinion on the player or man doesn't matter. He could still have a big say on us qualifying for the champions league or he couldn't play another significant minute for our club.

I'll support him while he plays for us and wish him luck if/when he leaves.

Hit It

His hold up play has been rubbish. The ball keeps bouncing off him, and for someone so built physically he gets outmuscled a lot.
He not that built and I've seen him hold the ball up numerous times this season. Yeah maybe his first touch has been off at times but not like how your describing it. I've also seen Rooney have bad touches and been out powered off the ball pretty frequently so lets not be too bias here.

Last edited:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The funny thing is, in his first few games he actually played well, then he got injured and when he came back after that he was very poor, quite strange.
Anyway I think he will probably do well @ Juve, but I can't see a future for him here. Hopefully he gets a decent move and does well though, shame to see a good player not playing well.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
We couldn't even beat a 10 man Villa under Lambert. Expect Vlaar to turn into Stam and have the game of his life.
True but that was when we were pretty dire ourselves, currently though we are in great form, we're playing at Home I just can't see anything but a 3 or 4- 0 win.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The funny thing is, in his first few games he actually played well, then he got injured and when he came back after that he was very poor, quite strange.
Anyway I think he will probably do well @ Juve, but I can't see a future for him here. Hopefully he gets a decent move and does well though, shame to see a good player not playing well.
Yep. I was pretty encouraged early on, he looked very lively. But it just hasn't happened for him. I don't think he's necessarily finished completely, but at the top level he's nowhere near good enough. Would like to see him go to Italy or Spain and get some respectable figures again. Would Atletico take him back? Bearing in mind they've just taken on one ex-world class forward, (Which isn't exactly going well) and he wouldn't merit the wages he would've been earning in his first spell.

Hamadovich86

This is a week late but I got to see Falcao in action against Bahrain. Obviously we're a shit team but to me he did look sharp and was involved in the final third all the time. His finishing was good for the two goals he scored and had an assist too. I know its only against really poor teams but scoring in a match is never bad for a strikers ego and I really think hes recent issues have been because of his low confidence. I dont think he'll get back the explosiveness he had in Atletico but in these last 8 games he does have something to prove. He seems like a super nice and genuine guy not to mention he used to be one of the best strikers in the world. I hope somehow he does really well and if his asking price can be significantly lowered I wouldnt mind him staying.

RetroStu

He seems such a lovely guy, always smiling. Its a shame it hasn't worked out for him here.

Eugenius

Such an annoying sub. Comes on to lose the ball, leave us light in midfield and doesn't offer anything to the team with his lack of legs. I haven't once seen him influence a game. He's scored four scrappy goals and done f all else.

saivet

Maybe I'm harsh, but I'd rather we don't bring him on at all. If anyone is going to get these cameos, I'd rather it be Wilson.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I hope someone makes a highlight reel of his involvements this match. That attempt at a finish, and then just falling over out of the blue when on the break. It's sad to see, but hard not to laugh :lol: :nervous:

stepic

Not enough time to do anything. It did mean Rooney could play a bit deeper though which helps, as Rooney has shown to be pretty poor as a lone striker these last couple of games.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
You'd have to feel sorry for him, that was a pretty awful cameo.
A mixture of trying too hard, no confidence and being rubbish.

I'd obviously love if he stayed here and got back to his best but I don't think that's going to happen. He should try Italy

LARulz

He's trying just way too hard. I feel sorry for him but he's a liability to play when we need goals now

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He wasn't bad, just unlucky today. If Rooney hadn't controlled Di Maria's cross, Falcao was just behind him. Similar situation with the slip just before Herrera's second. People just need to chill out with him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
When RVP comes back, I struggle to see how he'll fit in the matchday squad.
Even without RvP, it's completely pointless.

He's not gonna add anything and we won't benefit from trying to play him into form when he's not gonna be here next season.

Bring Wilson on if you want to add a striker.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He wasn't bad, just unlucky today. If Rooney hadn't controlled Di Maria's cross, Falcao was just behind him. Similar situation with the slip just before Herrera's second. People just need to chill out with him.
What's the point, though? We aren't going to buy him and it's clear he isn't anywhere near his old level.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What's the point, though? We aren't going to buy him and it's clear he isn't anywhere near his old level.
Well quite obviously the point is he's a quality player who plays for us at the present. Its irrelevant where he will be playing next year.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Strange decision to bring him on. Like the guy but that doesn't make any difference. Wilson would benefit much more from it.
At least now we're playing decent football to brush over LVG's weird choices.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Would rather see Wilson or Januzaj given the gametime.

hbgreg

"Put Falcao in Rooney, What??!! He slipped."

Sums up his career here.

RetroStu

Its ironic really that a lot of his feck ups is him trying way too hard to do something, to score, to impress, to get games, to maybe get bought etc.
I'm not sticking up for him by the way, he hasn't been good enough. Its just that he obviously is trying to impress way too much and its backfiring big time.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Great to see the fans applauding him when he came on. Rather that, than booing the player who is totally shot of confidence.

kps88

He'll struggle to make the bench once Van Persie comes back. Think the only reason we're still keeping him involved is in case Rooney gets injured.

WyoManU

Why do we still play him? He come on and all I saw him do was lose possession on his first touch, then absolutely whiff a volley, and then slip and fall with nobody near him. Was a good punt at the start of the season, now it is just a joke. His agent can say all he wants but he has not shown anything to be playing at a top side any more. We need to be giving time to players like Wilson to get them some more experience.

RetroStu

If he was already our player, i'd be saying that he will come back strong next season and have a good season because i do actually believe that. Thats not going to happen though and it is the right decision unfortunately.
I just hope he doesn't end up somewhere like Arsenal or any team in our league actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.