5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion

He was a nice guy and worked hard but it was obvious as feck from the very begining to anyone with a brain that a 28 year old moving to a new league after a massive knee injury was going to be another Shevchenko.

clarkydaz

Mendes: "You heard the old Trafford crowd, they worship him"

Mourinho: "Great. Can he stand up straight?"

Mendes: (tumbleweed)

izec

Really popular with our players it seems, great guy.

Leave the Premier League Falcao, go South and you will find a decent form again.

ChrisNelson

It's a real shame this move didn't work out for Falcao, although obviously we don't know what goes on behind closed doors, the impression I get is much the same as the rest of you, just seems like a nice fella.
None of the ego which is so public with most of the top players. A very dignified spell at OT (especially as I assume he would have expected to start virtually every game when he signed). And a very dignified exit too, I would like to wish him the best wherever he ends up next!

Get In Scholesy

It's not fair, we get a real gent at the club but due to his injuries he couldn't replicate his form with us. Just watch him get back to his best. He's going to be great, and it won't be with us.

Djemba-Djemba

I can't understand why people keep saying he's going to get back to his best next season and we'll look daft for not signing him. There is no chance he'll ever get back to his best.

Now he might be better than he has been this year with a full pre season behind him, but it'd be hard for him to be any worse.

Oggmonster

I can't understand why people keep saying he's going to get back to his best next season and we'll look daft for not signing him. There is no chance he'll ever get back to his best.

Now he might be better than he has been this year with a full pre season behind him, but it'd be hard for him to be any worse.
Yeah I don't get it, he was dreadful when he was here and showed no signs he'll get close to his best, that injury really fecked him up.

Glad he's gone was a waste of space really, I was worried we'd sign him permanently.

The "he gave his all" Stuff always makes me laugh to, I'd try hard if I was getting £250,000 per week as well, doesn't mean I'm any good.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21

As a reply to Young saying he enjoyed playing with Falcao. Such a shame it didn't work out. Incredibly easy to like him.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
reading reports he was no is desperate to join Chelsea , would they even consider him ?
Can't see it. Costa is far better than he is now and Remy is better currently as well. Even with the large pay cut that's being talked about he'd probably be on higher wages than most of our players. Too high for a squad player.

Don't see why Falcao himself would want to be our 3rd choice striker.

pauldyson1uk

Can't see it. Costa is far better than he is now and Remy is better currently as well. Even with the large pay cut that's being talked about he'd probably be on higher wages than most of our players. Too high for a squad player.

Don't see why Falcao himself would want to be our 3rd choice striker.
just my thoughts , he could go to quite a few teams and be a decent addition to their squad , why play 3 fiddle at Chelsea.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
reading reports he was no is desperate to join Chelsea , would they even consider him ?
Hopefully not, Even a 37 year old Drogba was better this season. Also if we did and he somehow become good, I would probably get banned on here for being a wum!

marlowe78

No way IMO. Mourinho already carried Torres, Costa has injury problems, and he will be in no mood to have another crock recovery on the squad. If any of the better clubs were to take him, it would be Liverpool.

Super Nani

I'd be gutted if he went to Chelsea, I know he looked like a completely different player for us but it would be no surprise if he returned to his world class form from before the injury and scored enough goals to help them win the league. One of my best mates is a Chelsea fan and I don't think I'd hear the end of it considering my excitement at us bringing him in on loan, still can't believe it went tits up.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
To see Falcao at Chelsea, would be a dream come true.
Torres prevented Chelsea winning the title while he was them and I'm sure that Falcao can do a similar job for Chelsea.
If we are to win the title in the next 2 years, we need all the help we can get and Falcao could be instrumental in degrading Chelsea.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I remember the excitement pre season, and the feeling at QPR willing him to come on and score.

Unfortunately it quickly dawned on us all that it wasn't working, especially not with 2 up front and Rooney behind. Would it have worked any better with Falcao as the lone front man? Probably not to be fair.

Thank goodness we didn't lash a huge transfer fee out.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I remember the excitement pre season, and the feeling at QPR willing him to come on and score.

Unfortunately it quickly dawned on us all that it wasn't working, especially not with 2 up front and Rooney behind. Would it have worked any better with Falcao as the lone front man? Probably not to be fair.

I’m not sure it’d have worked at all to be honest, which is a real shame since he’s obviously an extremely talented player and could’ve potentially been superb at another time. Ah well.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea

You hadnt even been linked with him pre season, was during international break.

As for the excitement, I dont think ive ever known such a commotion on here.

Heres some from the eerly pages

:drool: Glorious signing.

I remember when he was out injured for th WC, I watched a video of his injury and then I ended it spending an hour or so watching all of his goals, simply because of the nature and quality of those goals.

"Born to score". Never before has a tag become more suited to a player. We have signed up a hell of a player.

I can not wait until our next match. feck, Radamel Falcao. I never thought we'd see him on our colours once he left Porto for Atletico.

Gaalacticos are up and running :drool:

Falcao, Di Maria, Blind, Herrera, Rojo, Shaw. A fantastic window. Once everyone is playing, we'll be rocking.
Genuine two-footed striker caps off a brilliant transfer window. Well done Woody.

Right let's go and show the rest who are the bosses!:devil:
He's a world class striker and comes with a certain degree of guarantee. There's no doubt in my mind now that we'll stroll into the top four.
He is world class no doubt. But I would not be so sure about his success here, yet. Remember Shevechenko and Chelsea?
I've learnt over the last year not too take anything for granted. Names (of players, managers, and even football clubs) count for nothing, I'll wait and judge on what i see on the pitch.
Still can't believe we signed Radamel Falcao. :drool:
Wov, this looks unreal, welcome Falcao, I'm sure you'll bang a ton of goals for us.
Interview was great, he looks and sounds like such a nice guy.
why would anyone laugh at us buying Falcao? Only a jelous, scared idiot would
When we signed RVP, and again with Di Maria, I was simply thrilled. Genuinely exciting signings

With Falcao I'm strangely nervous. It just doesnt feel real. Its as if he's too good, and the thought of him not being great or getting injured is just scary

Its like buying a new house. If you can afford it then you're excited, but if you really stretch your budget its exciting but scary too

ps. WOW !
He is going to tear this league apart. I can't wait 2 weeks for our next game!!!!
I'm fairly sure our team was assembled by a kid on FIFA...
So, barring any serious injury, what are we predicting him to get? Without CL or Carling Cup, I reckon he will hit around the 20 mark, which is a conservative guess. It's hard to predict when our team is in such a shambles right now.
We have just signed the best no 9 in the world. We have just signed Radamel Falcao- i was listening to Ballbag on SSN yesterday saying everything is inside the area with him- he seen half his goals?- the guy has everything barring blistering pace. Don't expect miracles right away but once this team gels- and it will- the results could be frightening.
He really is a player that score from nothing. He is one of the few players in the world that can boast such an outrageous youtube compilation! Scoring bicycle kicks for him is the norm.
Looking back at our premier league list of number 9's, we've had some cracking players, Falcao though is another planet!

Falcao!!
I don't know why but people think that Falcao is a poacher when he is closer to a Ronaldo without the pace.
I just feel like repeating the words.. Radamel.Falcao.Garcia... and then shouting 'yaaaaaay yaayay' at regular intervals thinking about this transfer.
Just put him in my fantasy team alongside Diego Costa.
Just proudly bought my first ever Manchester United jersey.
Still can't believe we've signed Falcao. :drool:
To be fair theres a few words of warning in there, I dont think even we got that mad when we signed Torres though, but we did get quite excited! :(

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
You hadnt even been linked with him pre season, was during international break.

As for the excitement, I dont think ive ever known such a commotion on here.

Heres some from the eerly pages

To be fair theres a few words of warning in there, I dont think even we got that mad when we signed Torres though, but we did get quite excited! :(
Jesus were a lot of us (very well including myself) off the mark :(.

Oh well, better than being pessimistic about it I suppose!

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus were a lot of us (very well including myself) off the mark :(.

Oh well, better than being pessimistic about it I suppose!
Well yeah I can see why many were excited, I wanted him at Chelsea during his Atletico days, but I could see a massive difference at Monaco and since the injury which made me completely change my opinion.

Must not leave out Kid Moyes!

So, who is our best player now? I'd probably say di Maria, closely followed by Falcao. God almighty.
We've genuinely one of the finer squads in world football now. There's still a few tweaks necessary, but I'd fully expect us to now challenge for top three.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Well yeah I can see why many were excited, I wanted him at Chelsea during his Atletico days, but I could see a massive difference at Monaco and since the injury which made me completely change my opinion.

The injury did change him completely but IMHO he was already on the decline at Monaco before it.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Since the injury at Monaco? He only played a handful of games, and even then limited minutes.

Or did you notice something before his injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.