5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

If this happens and he joins Chelsea can not wait to see how pundits will spin all their statements from this season about him and start giving praise,how its great buy,great player and he gonna start scoring 100% etc. Almost similar thing happened with Welbeck,rarely heard praise for him while he was with us,the moment he joined Arsenal,oh boy...great player/this/that,he gonna score tones as striker bla bla bla.

Loublaze

ATLien
Shame, he had some bright moments for us. I was encouraged about the possibility of his loan being extended to January 2016. A great striker doesn't turn shit overnight. Wait, I just thought about Torres, never mind!

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Shame, he had some bright moments for us. I was encouraged about the possibility of his loan being extended to January 2016. A great striker doesn't turn shit overnight. Wait, I just thought about Torres, never mind!

You have to remember that it was an incredibly serious injury that he suffered a year and a half ago. One that retires some players and affects others for the rest of their careers. Maybe he's playing scared now, or maybe he's lost a lot of mobility and it's affected his confidence/ability to play like he used to.
Some players get lucky and can carry on at a high level after it like Shearer and van Nistelrooy, but others like Michael Owen and Alessandro Del Piero had their games changed completely by the injury.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Its kind of sad that whenever a team wants to sign a high profile veteran striker on loan, United will be referenced with the successes(Larsson) and the failures(Falcao).

Eriku

Its kind of sad that whenever a team wants to sign a high profile veteran striker on loan, United will be referenced with the successes(Larsson) and the failures(Falcao).
Pah, Larsson made up for Falcao. He was a much smarter footballer than I'd previously given him credit for.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Are you saying we agreed to pay £25m last season and backed out? Because i really doubt that is how loan deals work. If he doesnt sign for Chelsea and goes to say Valencia, we have to pay them £25m to take him? For example, Nanis over in Portugal and i dont think we are holding Sporting to pay a fee for him. And him and Falcao have the same agent

When we signed Falcao i remember people saying we paid £6m for the loan + his wages. IF we took the option to sign him we would pay £40m at the end of the term. I've never heard anything about already agreeing something for this summer
We have to pay Monaco £25m (the loan was pretty much a sham) we could pay this direct to Monaco but they would then have an unhappy Falcao (and his wages) on their books.

If the fee goes via Chelsea we get Cech and they get Falcao and Monaco get their cash and get Falcao off their books. Works for everyone.

Mendes.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Chelsea move is tied to Cechs transfer to us. We were committed to a £25m payment as part of the loan deal. We will buy Cech for £25m and Chelsea will buy Falcao for £25m. We're basically donating Falcao to Chelsea and getting cech in return.
Any proof of this, or is it a hunch?

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Stringing together bits of knowledge plus an understanding of how the system works. In the age of the agent and FFP nothing is straight forward...

clarkydaz

its generally accepted he started decent then got worse as the season went on. that to me suggests he was in the wrong environment. while he might not be the player he once was he is surely better than what we seen this season

OneUnited24

Stringing together bits of knowledge plus an understanding of how the system works. In the age of the agent and FFP nothing is straight forward...
Sorry but I call BS.

I fail to think United, a club which has enjoyed a lot of success commercially, would agree this type of deal. In fact that's the beauty of a loan, you see the goods before you buy

caid

I think hes probably going to be banging in goals again next season.
Heres hoping its not in the premier league so i can be happy for him.

Roman Bellic

Prick
its generally accepted he started decent then got worse as the season went on. that to me suggests he was in the wrong environment. while he might not be the player he once was he is surely better than what we seen this season
By who? you mean the times where we were all blindly rooting for him?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
By who? you mean the times where we were all blindly rooting for him?
I was pretty impressed with him, at the beginning. Some really good link up play. Got quite a few assists early on, didn't he?

Varun

Staff
I don't know who is going to be more upset, United fans when De Gea leaves or me when Falcao joins Chelsea.
Think he'l do better than Remy as 2nd choice. What he needs more than anything else is goals to get his confidence back, we dont create enough. You will.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'll be absolutely flabbergasted if they actually pay a fee for him. Can't believe they're taking him on altogether to be honest.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I don't know who is going to be more upset, United fans when De Gea leaves or me when Falcao joins Chelsea.
You'll think I'm mad but I think Falcao would do well for you. Not 20+goals well but I reckon he could bag 10-15 goals for you.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Think he'l do better than Remy as 2nd choice. What he needs more than anything else is goals to get his confidence back, we dont create enough. You will.
If a striker needs to get his confidence back, Chelsea is the last place on earth to go. We've been a graveyard for strikers for about 20 years (Drog and Costa aside).

Roman Bellic

Prick
If a striker needs to get his confidence back, Chelsea is the last place on earth to go. We've been a graveyard for strikers for about 20 years (Drog and Costa aside).
Anelka?
Kalou?
Sturridge ?

These were all good backups.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Wonder if José may experiment with two up top at all if we sign him.

duffer

Scout
Anelka? Was good. Rarely played as a striker.
Kalou? Showed some promise, played about 4 games as a striker
Sturridge ? Had a good spell, again, didn't play much as a striker.

These were all good backups.
I'm thinking of big money (fees/wages) strikers as well. From Fleck to Sutton to Sheva to Torres (and many, many more).

I forgot Jimmy though, he was the dog's tits.

DOTA

Would this have anything to do with the fact that you really wanted him to succeed ?
One would hope we all want all our players to succeed. If you're implying such means our opinions should be disregarded then the United forum would be awfully quiet if you had your way.

I didn't want him. Thought it was a bloody stupid buy. I don't think I had any desperate desire to see something positive that wasn't there.

Roman Bellic

Prick
I'm thinking of big money (fees/wages) strikers as well. From Fleck to Sutton to Sheva to Torres (and many, many more).

I forgot Jimmy though, he was the dog's tits.
Always wondered why you let Crespo go, that goal against Wigan was legendary - either that or i just got used to seeing it so much.

duffer

Scout
Always wondered why you let Crespo go, that goal against Wigan was legendary - either that or i just got used to seeing it so much.
Crespo actually played well and had a decent scoring rate for us. He and his family just couldn't settle. I never count him alongside the flops personally.

Roman Bellic

Prick
One would hope we all want all our players to succeed. If you're implying such means our opinions should be disregarded then the Unites forum would be awfully quiet if you had your way.

I didn't want him. Thought it was a bloody stupid buy. I don't think I had any desperate desire to see something positive that wasn't there.
Would this have anything to do with the fact that you really wanted him to succeed ?
I put "really" there for a reason because of the kind of expectations the fans had for Falcao, the move itself was a strange one,but one the whole entire fan base welcomed, we had dreams of seeing Falcao tear up the league, i obviously want every United player in the team to succeed, but Falcao's case was special, we were all behind him at first, which might have blinded most of us -i once argued with an Arsenal for suggesting United fans were making basic movements/skills etc seem World Class, which looking back, might very well be true....i mean look at the reaction to his first goal against Everton.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
We're wondering why Chelsea would take on Falcao, but just imagine for a second he finds his feet in the Prem during a second season and becomes more like the striker he used to be? I'd be devastated :lol: not only cause we didn't keep him for another year (would never have happened anyway) but also because it'd highlight how shite we are at creating and getting the best out of certain players.

DOTA

I put "really" there for a reason because of the kind of expectations the fans had for Falcao, the move itself was a strange one,but one the whole entire fan base welcomed, we had dreams of seeing Falcao tear up the league, i obviously want every United player in the team to succeed, but Falcao's case was special we were all behind him at first, which might have blinded most of us, i once argued with an Arsenal for suggesting United fans were making basic movements/skills etc seem World Class, which looking back might very well be true....i mean look at the reaction to his first goal against Everton.
Fair enough. I can see what you're getting at there.

But, no, I don't think I bought in to that. Was too busy moaning at us throwing money around blindly to get excited. Also - I don't want much foreign football so I had no strong opinion about him as a player (I just didn't like the idea of signing someone after his injury).

FujiVice

I remember the Yeovil centre half had him in his pocket last January. He looks like a player who is totally passed it. I dont see it working out well for him at Chelsea. He'll probably join the CFC Strikers Graveyard with Mutu, Torres and Shevchenko.

The Purley King

Falcao is finished as a top level footballer. If he goes to Chelsea I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest. In fact, they can waste £150k a week on him if they want, it will leave them less money for other players.
I was really excited when he arrived and I love his attitude on the pitch, but physically he is f*cked. Shame, but there you go......

Varun

Staff
He wouldnt have the pressure that you'd normally associate with big names or fees. If anything, his poor time with us will help him. People won't expect much and he'l have the large shadow of Costa to work under. Even if he becomes half the player he was, you'l have the best 2nd choice striker going about.

I really think this could turn out to be a great move for you. What he'l need though is some goals early on. Get that and he'l do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.